Think about it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's already been one.

But then again in GD, someone would complain about too much money, a nympho girlfriend, and a gun that shoots too straight and a lure that catches too many fish.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There's already been one.

But then again in GD, someone would complain about too much money, a nympho girlfriend, and a gun that shoots too straight and a lure that catches too many fish.

Quoted:

Great President.

Great Commander-in-Chief

Great man.

Someone will be along to trash talk him; but fuck that guy.

My penis is too big.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Presidents like that come once in a generation.

He was the best in my lifetime.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My first two Presidential elections I got to vote in.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By far the best President of my lifetime.  America could use another one like him.  Sure he had his faults but he was a good man.
View Quote

Agreed....   Well said....
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Reagan smash!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Hahaha the first President I remember is Clinton.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't Reagan fuck every one with his full auto ban?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

Reagan was in a vacuum with no other forces at play... Especially no majority democrats...

Reagan, in a vacuum, totally on his own enacted -with Democrats pleading for him not to- Reagan single-handedly banned autos.

And things were good before, Reagan ruined everything. Before, you had to sign a bound book to buy ammo, you couldn't buy ammo through the mail. Things were good. Reagan ruined everything...

Well... Sarcasm off...

Reagan did give-and-take with majority-Democrats to push conservative ideals. When the dust settled on guns, gun owners had gained a great deal, and lost autos.

Reagan, from any *honest* angle made things *better* for gun owners...

Especially when compared to what the majority-anti-gun-Democrats wanted to begin with...

If political give-and-take to push conservative goals forward bothers you... If political reality bothers you... If Ronald Effing Reagan bothers you...

You are either a Democrat or a Retard.

Political reality is that the Founding Fathers who were Northern abolitionists had to have give-and-take with the Southern Christian slaveholders to get the constitution signed in the first place... Give-and-take to do the right thing is part of our Republic. It was part of what made Reagan so great.

The Reagan-haters like to point out that Reagan wasn't perfect. They like to leave-out that he was dealing with Democrats who were pushing and pulling in opposite directions.

Reagan-haters like to ignore blatant political reality to get their cheap-shots in...

The truth... Reagan was far from perfect. Reagan's accomplishments need to be weighed against the political climate at the time.

The political climate at the time was that democrats controlled congress...

And the political reality was that we lost autos but gained a great-deal in other areas due to Reagan's highly-effective skills of political give-and-take to push for conservative ideals forward. Reagan was good at it, and gun rights were a net-gain under Reagan...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep.

Reagan was in a vacuum with no other forces at play... Especially no majority democrats...

Reagan, in a vacuum, totally on his own enacted -with Democrats pleading for him not to- Reagan single-handedly banned autos.

And things were good before, Reagan ruined everything. Before, you had to sign a bound book to buy ammo, you couldn't buy ammo through the mail. Things were good. Reagan ruined everything...

Well... Sarcasm off...

Reagan did give-and-take with majority-Democrats to push conservative ideals. When the dust settled on guns, gun owners had gained a great deal, and lost autos.

Especially when compared to what the majority-anti-gun-Democrats wanted to begin with...

If political give-and-take to push conservative goals forward bothers you... If political reality bothers you... If Ronald Effing Reagan bothers you...

Political reality is that the Founding Fathers who were Northern abolitionists had to have give-and-take with the Southern Christian slaveholders to get the constitution signed in the first place... Give-and-take to do the right thing is part of our Republic. It was part of what made Reagan so great.

The Reagan-haters like to point out that Reagan wasn't perfect. They like to leave-out that he was dealing with Democrats who were pushing and pulling in opposite directions.

Reagan-haters like to ignore blatant political reality to get their cheap-shots in...

The truth... Reagan was far from perfect. Reagan's accomplishments need to be weighed against the political climate at the time.

And the political reality was that we lost autos but gained a great-deal in other areas due to Reagan's highly-effective skills of political give-and-take to push for conservative ideals forward. Reagan was good at it, and gun rights were a net-gain under Reagan...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

I bought lots of ammo through the mail before 86.. I never signed any stinking books.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was in the Regan Youth!
View Quote

I have seen Reagan Youth and not that cover band going around now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree.

Reagan is the only Presidential candidate I have actually voted for, instead of voting against "that other dude".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
By far the best President of my lifetime.  America could use another one like him.  Sure he had his faults but he was a good man.

Personally he had many faults, but one of them was not his love of country, lhis love of our system, his love of Americans. Who would think that a B list actor who grew up in a small Illinois town, went to a small Illinois college, who had been divorced, a one time FDR democrat, would end up being one of the finest presidents we've ever had?

I agree.

Reagan is the only Presidential candidate I have actually voted for, instead of voting against "that other dude".

You guys said it better than I could have.   Wish I would have been old enough to have voted for him.
I was 7 when he was elected president  and still remember how happy my father was when it happened.
Yes he had some views that I disagree with strongly today but he was a lot better than any we've had since.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Took me forever to find this video. I wish I had a time machine.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How fortunate I am to have been born when I was.  I grew up with 8 years of Mr. President and I didn't worry about the god-damned commies because I knew he had my back.

No president since has inspired that kind of trust.  No president since has inspired that kind of optimism.  No president since has inspired that kind of fear in our enemies.  They knew Reagan would kill them and they were right.

He wasn't a perfect man but he was MY president.

View Quote

White House aids who had worked for previous Presidents actually said that Reagan was the must reluctant and fearful of nuclear war.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I was 10 when he was elected, 18 when he left. Good times indeed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

Some people on here used to argue that our right to bear arms is universal and absolute, given to us by our creator.  Guess that goes out the window when defending Reagan.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought lots of ammo through the mail before 86.. I never signed any stinking books.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

Haters can hate... Reagan made things *better* for gun owners from any measure of the political reality...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some people on here used to argue that our right to bear arms is universal and absolute, given to us by our creator.  Guess that goes out the window when defending Reagan.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

The mortal people defending gods law are imperfect beings...

Reagan was far from perfect.

Reagan made things better for those who understand where our rights originate.

Only retards and democrats think perfect conservatives can exist in political reality...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#20]
He was my Commander-in-Chief, and I will be forever proud to say "I was in REAGAN'S Army."
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what the fuck was he SUPPOSED to do?

Tell the Democrats "all or nothing"?

Do you REALLY think he'd have gotten anything BUT nothing?

Some of you guys REALLY need to get your head wrapped around WHY it's called the "Hughes" amendment and not the "Reagan" amendment. The intent of the Firearms Owners Protection Act sure as fuck wasn't to ban MG's. It had a lot to do with the opinion that the ATF was out of control and was aimed at reining them in. I shouldn't even have to explain why that was a damn good idea.

If you want to burn someone over it, at least burn the guy who actually fucked you on this one. The FOPA was supposed to fix the unconstitutional parts of the 1968 GCA, but the fucking Democrats don't get all nostalgic about "living documents" like the US Constitution, do they?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Some of you guys REALLY need to get your head wrapped around WHY it's called the "Hughes" amendment and not the "Reagan" amendment. The intent of the Firearms Owners Protection Act sure as fuck wasn't to ban MG's. It had a lot to do with the opinion that the ATF was out of control and was aimed at reining them in. I shouldn't even have to explain why that was a damn good idea.
If you want to burn someone over it, at least burn the guy who actually fucked you on this one. The FOPA was supposed to fix the unconstitutional parts of the 1968 GCA, but the fucking Democrats don't get all nostalgic about "living documents" like the US Constitution, do they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've seen, there are those that believe that.  IMO either because they actually believe "all or nothing", or they are ill-informed of what happened back in 1986.
The House was controlled by the Dems, and the Hughes Amendment was a shit move by the anti-gun crowd.  IMHO, had Reagan vetoed FOPA it would have been on like donkey kong, and the subsequent legislation attempts would have been even less advantageous to gun owners.  Shitty deal, but I think it was the best deal we could get in the political climate of the day.  Some people forget that it was only 8 years later that the Dems were able to get the AWB.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#23]
First and only President I have ever seen Live!
He made a campain stop for his 2nd term in TN, my father pulled us out of school to go see him. A great day!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen

So many today have no Idea of what they are missing.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Mr President.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was in the Regan Youth!
View Quote

Big SMILE........BIG SMILE......
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Well... Sarcasm off...

Wat? You're not a purist! All or death!

100% agree with your comments. Oh Steyr Aug, where are you now?

Oh, and after being shot he walked into the ER.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ronald Wilson Reagan is an anagram of

Insane Anglo Warlord

Think about it.
View Quote

Bless his heart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Reagan was president during my formative years. I miss him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I can go to my grave, with a smile on my face, just knowing I lived in such great times and during a great leader.

Like Alexander, Napoleon, Julius Ceaser ,Constantine, George Washington and  Winston Churchill.

Regan will long be remembered as one of the greats, and I was alive in his time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Pioneer Park Elementary in Cheyenne, Wyoming sits near the highway, not far from F.E. Warren AFB. We had an outdoor assembly the day that President Reagan's motorcade passed the school.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Took me forever to find this video. I wish I had a time machine.

http://youtu.be/0Y5_q-rWMkg
View Quote

Damn, never saw that one before......damn, just damn, not too proud to admit finding a tear or two in my eye.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Reagan imposed a moratorium on all new federal regulation enforcement the moment he took office. In fact, the Reagan administration began slashing and burning existing federal regulation; it cut the Federal Register nearly in half by 1986.

This is what we need from any new POTUS.....Good luck with that. Regulation is control, for both sides.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#34]
My stepmom took me to see Reagan speak at Auditorium Shores when he came to Austin.  We were way in the back but I did get to see him live and in person.  I was only ~13 years old at the time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I was 10 when he was elected, 18 when he left. Good times indeed.
View Quote

Friend and I were traveling in Europe when he got elected. We got off the boat from Rotterdam the morning after the election jumped in a cab to the train station. We hadn't heard the news until it came over the cabs radio. Friend and I started cheering and pounding on each other while the cabbie shook his head and said "Bloody crazy Yanks".
Later in the week we were in Edinburgh, we stopped in a pub and once the proprietor found out we were 'Merican we literally could not pay for a pint. His first question to us had been Ach, this Mr. Reagan, what do you think of him? We answered we think he is great he'll do a bang up job, he responded, Yeah, I agree, that Mr. Carter, he's a Wee man.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I was born in 83, so unfortunately, I grew up under Klinton.

I guess you could call it rose colored glasses, but I remember the 80's as being full of hope. Granted, there were bad things happening as there always is. Reagan, as with Bush II, genuinely seemed to love the USA, there was hope in his speeches. Not the vitriol and utter hate that Obama has in his speeches.

I'm to the point that I have no hope for my soon to be born son. The country is truly changing for the worse I believe. We are being told to believe in being less, that we as Americans, are not the greatest country in the world.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#37]
No one can deny he respected  our men at arms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ronald Wilson Reagan is an anagram of

Insane Anglo Warlord

Think about it.
View Quote

better to have an insane anglo warlord than a metro mocha sodomite...........
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Reagan is a fascinating enigma.  He stood for conservative family values, yet his own family was a dysfunctional mess and he was our first divorced president.  The religous right loved him, yet he almost never went to church and as best anyone can tell hadn't been a church member since his teens.  A fiscal  conservative that increased spending, taxes and the deficit all at the same time.  Everyone thought they knew Ronald Reagan but he did not have one single close personal friend, other than his wife Nancy.  

Reagan was a big picture guy.  The details of governing bored him.  He left much of that to others and was not always well served by them.  He was a good president for the times.  He may yet be called a great president.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
While he made mistakes, he was a great President in the grand scheme of things.

In before the Hughes Amendment whiners.
View Quote

Lol, you were beat.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Bush Jr put fear in our enemies when one tried bluffing and people like me got sent in to stomp a giant mudhole in his countries ass
View Quote

Can someone tell me what the hell this means?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bush Jr put fear in our enemies when one tried bluffing and people like me got sent in to stomp a giant mudhole in his countries ass

You are an unfit mother.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Last non-Ivy League educated POTUS since his time in office.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
While he made mistakes, he was a great President in the grand scheme of things.

In before the Hughes Amendment whiners.
View Quote

I was born in 1970 and enjoyed a carefree childhood under the Gipper. Good times.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Things suck now, but I thank God every day that I lived in the time of Reagan.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#46]
He got my vote, twice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

How fortunate I am to have been born when I was.  I grew up with 8 years of Mr. President and I didn't worry about the god-damned commies because I knew he had my back.

No president since has inspired that kind of trust.  No president since has inspired that kind of optimism.  No president since has inspired that kind of fear in our enemies.  They knew Reagan would kill them and they were right.

View Quote
I really dug Ronnie.  He sure as shit fucked-up in '86 (FOPA ) but, I was happy to serve under him in my RA days.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#48]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1583309_Where_is_this_man_in_our_time_.html

Had the same thought last week.  It is refreshing to know that they were fighting a similar fight to our current struggle.  We just have added 50 years of zero's to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
First President I voted for

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top