Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Lol me too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What's it actually mean?

If it's a records/information thing for everyone's ID when even bother putting putting a star on it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My DL has gold fringe on it.
View Quote

You have an Admiralty License?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey!!!  Many of us have a star under our avatar     it's everywhere
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How's that work in California where they're giving DL's to illegals?
View Quote
no star

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's OK, I'll have snacks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be sitting in economy on the FEMA train...no star for me.

It's OK, I'll have snacks.

I'm from PA too, I'll bring Tasteykakes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]
30 States are not in compliance.  All but 5 have an extension.  Most that don't have an extension asof January 2016 have passed state laws stating they will notco ply and no state funds may be used to comply.   The 5 thatlost their extension are the ones that should not work at airports, military bases or any federal government building or service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
30 States are not in compliance.  All but 5 have an extension.  Most that don't have an extension asof January 2016 have passed state laws stating they will notco ply and no state funds may be used to comply.   The 5 thatlost their extension are the ones that should not work at airports, military bases or any federal government building or service.
View Quote

NH?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What's it actually mean?

If it's a records/information thing for everyone's ID when even bother putting putting a star on it?
View Quote

When you renew you basically just bring a couple pieces of mail with your address on it like a utility bill, the DMV renewal letter counts as a piece of mail.

And two other forms of ID, Drivers license, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate, Passport Etc.  Then your license gets the Verified star, you only need to do it once, next time you renew it will still have the Star.

They are just verifying you are the person on the license, instead of just walking in with a renewal letter and getting picture taken without any further verification.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Illinois is not Real ID compliant.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a CDL that I just renewed in October.

I had to bring a birth certificate and either my social security card or utility bill with my home address.

My license does NOT have a star.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When you renew you basically just bring a couple pieces of mail with your address on it like a utility bill, the DMV renewal letter counts as a piece of mail.
And two other forms of ID, Drivers license, CCW Permit, Birth Certificate, Passport Etc.  Then your license gets the Verified star, you only need to do it once, next time you renew it will still have the Star.

They are just verifying you are the person on the license, instead of just walking in with a renewal letter and getting picture taken without any further verification.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's it actually mean?

If it's just that simple why are some states not complying?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They have been doing this for almost 10 years now, I'm surprised everyone did not know that.
View Quote

They came like a thief in the night.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

And CO, the DMVs here are busting at the seams with Mexican families.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's it actually mean?

Some states cited funding and privacy issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's it actually mean?

What are the potential privacy issues?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
MO is a no comply state. I have to have a passport if I want to fly anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a CDL that I just renewed in October.

I had to bring a birth certificate and either my social security card or utility bill with my home address.

My license does NOT have a star.
View Quote

Same here. $82.25 and a whole bunch of more questions later the DOT gods stamped an X on the back of mine.   Those answers cost me around $200 to answer though...

God tier license here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
DMV told me it meant I was a confirmed U.S. citizen, since last time I had to renew I needed my birth certificate and SS card.
View Quote

So what does that get you? Other than the shaft.
Really. What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's it actually mean?

DMVs storing birth certificates, social security numbers, etc., and the fear that private companies would get access to it.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Last I heard, most folks in WI opted out of the Real ID.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Doesn't the bible say the "mark" will be on your right hand or on your face?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol. No star on mine and I don't have to renew until 2038 in AZ
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#24]
All it means, in Georgia, is that you provided your birth certificate, and something that verifies your address...

It also means that next time you get your license, you don't have to bring all that shit.

What's the big deal? an ID should require some sort of verification...
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
My NYS enhanced DL has no star, just a little American Flag in the bottom right corner.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All it means, in Georgia, is that you provided your birth certificate, and something that verifies your address...

It also means that next time you get your license, you don't have to bring all that shit.

What's the big deal? an ID should require some sort of verification...
View Quote

Agreed.

I think the excuses states used were bogus.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My NYS enhanced DL has no star, just a little American Flag in the bottom right corner.  
View Quote

It changes to a Maple Leaf when you cross the border.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Ohio--Yep!

*grabbing my B.O.B.........where are we all meeting at?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Lol. No star on mine and I don't have to renew until 2038 in AZ
View Quote
Old man I don't have to renew till 2044.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Last I heard, most folks in WI opted out of the Real ID.
View Quote

http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/license-drvs/how-to-apply/realid.aspx

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes. I have the Florida version with the star.

In order to get it, I had to be implanted with a chip under my skin and have a tatoo on my wrist.

I dont know what the big deal is.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Why does it matter if we are verified or some other bull? We are still letting people vote that have done so already during the same election, are dead or not here legally and the powers that be are worried about making sure your state is real id act complaint? what a crock of poo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just noticed it on mine when I renewed.

Apparently there's some new SecureID regulation or something where you have to provide all kinds of documents to get a driver's license.

You can tell if you have a SecureID license if it has a star in the top right corner.
View Quote

Congrats, OP.  We know you're here legally and not an illegal alien.  I'm here legally as well, but I don't have a star on my DL yet.  It's not caught up with me... next renewal which is set for 2019 for me.

CA was granted another extension good to Oct 10th, 2016 or thereabouts.  The state said they will be implementing RealID by July of this year.  Of course, they could not wait for illegal DL issues as they've started doing so already.  I guess I will need to bring passport for domestic flights until I get my "gold star".

This is all crap... just don't issue DL for illegals.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

maybe, they avoid the train & get to vote 2x  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine has a mitten
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You read my mind, bro.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mine has a mitten
View Quote

Oven Mittens
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Someone ought to tell Mrs. Sample it's a vagina, not a clown car.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#40]
lol mark of the beast....you guys crack me up
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  We're heading in the right direction because they normally voted 3x or more.  :)

There are actual 12 states plus D.C. that issue DL's to illegal aliens:

1. California
2. Colorado
3. Connecticut
4. Delaware
5. District of Columbia
6. Hawaii
7. Illinois
8. Maryland
9. Nevada
10. New Mexico
11. Utah
12. Vermont
13. Washington (the first to do so?)

The next one on the list is probably Oregon.  The voters turned down a statewide measure to allow illegals to obtain DLs back in 2014, but the civil rights groups are suing in court and probably will win.

A member from Oregon can chime in with better details.  All I know is that liberal cities are fucking up Oregon as the equivalents did in CA and WA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I see WI licenses on a fairly regular basis in WI.

1.  The photo on the right of the license, in the oval, is a transparency which is visible on both sides of the license.  This must be a fairly  technical process, because they don't issue them at the DMV by us anymore.  They come in the mail.  (Maybe to help curtail fake ID's and identity fraud.)  

2.  His license number is:  S123-4567-6501-00  The numbers in red are supposed to match the last two years of the date of birth. His date of birth should read 7-4.  Not 7-6.  Even for a sample, it is strange.

3.  The old WI licenses didn't have a star in the corner.  

Mine renews in 6 months.  Right now, I'm star free.  

But...  There are no new intrusive questions.  They are the same as they've always been.  

Copy of WI Drivers License Renewal Form
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Part of my motorist I.D. Number is 666.
View Quote

Part of my SSN is 666
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Secure Driver's Licenses

Preventing terrorists from obtaining state-issued identification documents is critical to securing America against terrorism. As the 9/11 Commission noted, "For terrorists, travel documents are as important as weapons."<em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit;"> The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States,[/span] at 384 (2004).

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be. REAL ID is a coordinated effort by the states and the Federal Government to improve the reliability and accuracy of state-issued identification documents, which should inhibit terrorists’ ability to evade detection by using fraudulent identification.

The 9/11 Commission recommended that the Federal Government work with other layers of government to solidify the security of government-issued documents. Securing state-issued identification documents is a common-sense national security and law enforcement imperative, which also helps to combat identity fraud and illegal immigration.

Any questions?   Ask our Homeland Security overlords.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#46]
No star on mine, and I renewed about two weeks ago.  But, this is Louisiana, so DOT probably doesn't have to money to add the star...or fix the roads, or the bridges, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's it actually mean?

I had to do that last time I got my license renewed last September, I don't have a star on mine.

Am I undocumented?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.  That way my Maple Leafs won't be confiscated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lol mark of the beast....you guys crack me up
View Quote

Remember when bar code scanning got really big in the 80s and 90s?

http://youtu.be/3o-uM4V3Sdo?t=17m45s

Still no rapture.  Still no anti-christ.  Weird, right?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Woo Hoo!! Gold star!!

I get a window seat on the fema train.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top