[#1]
Marked for latter reply!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How many different forums are you going to post about this in? I see two on the first page of active topics at the moment.

Why does this sound oddly familiar?

Didn't someone recently post a nearly-identical story a few months back?

There was one just recently IRT someone who CTD had deemed as a 'Dealer Acct'.
due to the volume of ammo he had ordered.

If we're thinking of the same thing, I believe that was Sportsman's Guide, not CTD.

Same thing then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That is pretty crappy customer service.  I don't think that you were asking for anything unreasonable or making outlandish threats.

I am not sure if I would waste a lot of time over $5, but I appreciate the tip-off that CTD is not customer friendly.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you're lame....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I do not think that word means what you think it means

Inconceivable!!

www.american-buddha.com/a3prin.77_small.jpg

I knew someone would catch the reference!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup. I'm so disgusted I just ordered another crate o' ammo from the bastards. Damn their customer service! The lady I spoke to was pleasant and most accomodating. My shipment should be here in 'bout 4 or 5 days from now.

BTW there Sparky, I had also ordered a military canvas gear bag in the last 6 months or so, but they were out by the time I ordered same. Didn't charge me one red cent, and offered to automatically send the bag when it was no longer backordered. I declined, but it was so damned inconsiderate of them to offer this service I think I'll order from them again, real soon. Probably will send them an e-mail threatening to tell Ed and the gang at ARFCOM about their pleasant demeanor and prompt service. Once again, DAMN THEM!

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
this is the dumbest fuckin' shakedown in the history of dumb shakedowns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never dealt with Rick Sykes, but judging from those emails, I like the guy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good ethics dictate not charging until the order is fulfilled, contacting before shipment to make sure the customer wants half an order (there is the issue of wasted s/h fees in having to make seperate orders or having to deal with more than one vendor) or coming to some accomodation.  That's my opinion in this matter.

Yes - and if you had bought an entrenching tool from Nieman Marcus, you would undoubtedly have received that level of excellent service.

However, when choosing to buy from a place that is literally called "Cheaper Than Dirt" you really should not have high expectations about absolutely stellar customer service.  After all, if they charge very low prices, the money has to come from somewhere, right?  If you want great service, you usually have to pay a little more.

Holy shit.... I can't breath!!

Edit:  Ok better now.....man I'm not sure why that was so funny to me........

me too!

an 'entrenching tool' ffrom 'Nieman Marcus'

what's next, body armor from 'Fredericks of Hollywood'?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd be more torqued about their shipping charges, where I think they make up a lot of the "cheaper" part.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Life is way to short to squabble over $5.00 , come on just pay the extra 5 bucks and be done with it. It seems to me it was a computer error not human. I would have done the exact thing as him and cancel your membership. Life is way to short for BS like this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow... what a wacky thread. I can't believe that this transaction was considered to be such a big deal by the thread originator. With customers like that, who wants to be in business?

Let me illustrate a very DIS-similar experience had by me today (and for the past month). A month ago I ordered a 1X12 extension speaker cabinet from a company called Music Works Group LLC. They charged my credit card immediately. They said it'd be two weeks before I got the cab. I was bummed, because I had gigs before that, that I wanted to use it at. But they were upfront about the timeline. So I waited. After two weeks I contacted them to find-out there'd been a mixup at the warehouse of the cab manufacturer (it was being drop-shipped) and that it'd be another week or so. It's now been two weeks since then and this morning I finally get a tracking number out of the original company. Trouble is, they shipped my cab to a zip in PA and I live in MT! And there my cab sits. So I contact the bastards that I bought this spectre-cab from and they say it was a mistake by the manufacturer and that I have to deal with FedEx to get my cab from PA to MT. And I have gigs this weekend that I STILL won't be able to use this speaker cab at. So I've been out $300 for a month now and I STILL have no product! Now that's a crappy shopping experience! I've never bought from Cheaper Than Dirt, but so far they are looking pretty damn GOOD!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I better check the facts on this....

I know Melissa at CTD was sweet to me on the phone ... lovely TX accent.  I'll have to call back and place another order to see if she knows anything about this problem.

I'm gon'na tag this thread and see if CTD responds with a big "Thank You for your continued support." from the folks at CTD to ARFcom.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top