Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.
I should write up what happens to me last night. I'm about 1.5 hours south of there.
View Quote

Well, by all means.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
My sister lives right around there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A 17 year old freshman huh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jordan Q. Hall, 17, of Chapel Street, a ninth-grader at Burke High School, faces two counts of second-degree assault and battery by mob.

Yeah.

We just aren't spending enough on education.

The news sites here used to say that until I started posting what each local school district gets per student in their comments section. It really pissed people off finding out the poor disadvantaged city school district got thousands more per student than the suburban districts that they want to bus kids to.

He's only three years behind,  he can catch up with summer school
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder if our new AG will prosecute them under 'hate crime'.  

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....
View Quote

Protected class of duck with special snowflake markings.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh for cripes sake. If all these ccw weapon holders, with a bug on their ankle, trunk guns, BoB's, and other various and sundry "prep" items were ever going to do something they would have done it by now.

I've been hearing this same stuff from gun forums ever since there were gun forums. We've been "prepping" for riots for decades now.

Every time something we've prepped for happens we just move the line in the sand. And when it gets worse we move the line some more.

There have been flash mobs, knock out games, government sponsored riots that get worse and worse every year and not only do we not do anything,  we deny the widespread commonality and pretend it isn't happening.  I've seen threads in this very forum where people were mocked for just suggesting our society is spinning downhill.

I've read claims that crime was really down. I've read that "it's always been that way we just didn't hear about it.

This is how we'll go out,  not with a bang but a whimper. Frogs in water and all that

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought people carried guns in SC?

Enough do that the Obama sons are on borrowed time.  When generally don't have this kind of shit down here and since this news wasn't covering this people had no warning what was going on.  But they do now.  This weekend could get real interesting.  

Oh for cripes sake. If all these ccw weapon holders, with a bug on their ankle, trunk guns, BoB's, and other various and sundry "prep" items were ever going to do something they would have done it by now.

I've been hearing this same stuff from gun forums ever since there were gun forums. We've been "prepping" for riots for decades now.

Every time something we've prepped for happens we just move the line in the sand. And when it gets worse we move the line some more.

There have been flash mobs, knock out games, government sponsored riots that get worse and worse every year and not only do we not do anything,  we deny the widespread commonality and pretend it isn't happening.  I've seen threads in this very forum where people were mocked for just suggesting our society is spinning downhill.

I've read claims that crime was really down. I've read that "it's always been that way we just didn't hear about it.

This is how we'll go out,  not with a bang but a whimper. Frogs in water and all that

I tend to agree with that.  As the saying goes, "Talk is cheap."  (Especially if it is just posting in a forum.)

The underlying problem with conservatives is that we tend to be independent.  Consequently, we do not join groups or organize well.  

Yeah, we may pay NRA dues or join a gun owners forum, but when it comes down to attending rallies or marching in the street, or boycotting a business, we just don't want to get involved.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough do that the Obama sons are on borrowed time.  When generally don't have this kind of shit down here and since this news wasn't covering this people had no warning what was going on.  But they do now.  This weekend could get real interesting.  

Well, shit, thanks for that icy cold bucket full of reality in the early AM!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would the news need to tell all those newly licensed ccw'rs to ccw?!?

Let's face it, claims of carrying and prepping have been exaggerated.

I'm really surprised considering all the new permits but it is what it is.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did they mention what color the other guy was?
View Quote

I believe it said he was black and was robbed of his cell phone.  That incident does not really seem related.  Might be the same perps but doesn't seem to have the same purpose.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I believe it said he was black and was robbed of his cell phone.  That incident does not really seem related.  Might be the same perps but doesn't seem to have the same purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they mention what color the other guy was?

Proves the youths aren't racist.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's inevitable. The next Bernhard Goetz is out there, somewhere.  Just a matter of time now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Won't be long before someone lays a dozen out and then TS is really going to hit the fan.

It's inevitable. The next Bernhard Goetz is out there, somewhere.  Just a matter of time now.  

Yes sir.   He may be a store owner or just a tourist from a free state but it will happen..  When it happens he or she  will probably end up having to empty a mag and then the shit will hit the fan in this country.  

I know that I will do anything to avoid one of these confrontations but you push me into a corner and I will go down fighting and I usually have a glock 26 and 5 spare mags  in my truck.  A truck is a good weapon also.

It will happen I just hope it does not happen here in Texas
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Odds are at some point mob of violent street thugs will run into armed and willing to fight non victim.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until someone breaks into your home or business, what do you want us to do about it?

Unless of course you are speaking to someone who is a billionaire playboy who owns a large corporation and lives in a mansion on top of a large cave and is trained in martial arts.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jordan Q. Hall, 17, of Chapel Street, a ninth-grader at Burke High School, faces two counts of second-degree assault and battery by mob.

Yeah.

View Quote

Aren't most 9th graders 14?  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm just interested in seeing the justification contortions that will explain why it's the white people who are being attacked's fault.

View Quote

No justifications necessary. It will all just be ignored by the MSM.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Like a pot calling the kettle black.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#18]
It's just an observation I've made. If there wasn't as much smack talk I wouldn't have said anything.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually they were very smart in the target area they picked.

Downtown Charleston in the city is mostly liberals, college students and tourists.
Hell most of the historical homes in that area are owned by people that dont even live in the state, vacation homes.
Just 9 or 10 blocks away is the Hood with lots of geto goblins a perfect area for them to pull this crap.

View Quote

Exactly. Beautiful area. Unfortunately, the Battery is still surrounded.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, by all means.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.
I should write up what happens to me last night. I'm about 1.5 hours south of there.

Well, by all means.....

Going to try and put this out in a hurry.

Last night about 11:30 I could hear yelling in my neighborhood. I was getting ready for bed and wanted the days last smoke. So I grab a cig and head out the front door. As I light up an older Honda with at least 3 mofos drive by me yelling shit. They got to the end of the street and 1 got out of the car.  I could not keep eyes on him due to the other cars in the area.
The Honda drives to the back of the neighborhood and I can still hear them yelling. Then I hear someone yell "you" right across the street from me. Being 11:30 and the only person outside it was easy to determine they were yelling at me. I took a few more drags of my smoke and hear the "you" yell a few more times. I turn my back and walk inside.
Flipped the lights off, put shoes on my feet and ran upstairs to grab the gun. As I get upstairs I wake the better half telling her to keep an eye on the Honda that is now parked right in front of my place. The lights on the car are off.
I go down to the kitchen with my gun and another mag but couldn't find my flashlight. Fuck.
The car pulls away and goes down to the same place they dropped the person off.
At that point I figured it was over. Nope.
I went back upstairs got in bed and watched out the window to see them stop again in front of my house. Two fuckers got out of the car so I hit the window to get there  attention. It worked because I saw both of them shake a bit and get back in the car and take off.

Easy to tell I was singled out and they wanted to play. Needless to say I slept with an eye open. Didn't call the cops because I had nothing to go on other than a Honda with at least 3 people in it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In SC, yes. Charleston is a different story though. It's a city of tourist, liberal college kids, and businesses employed by yankies. Its one of those places where you can just call the police if you are in danger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Last night about 11:30 I could hear yelling in my neighborhood. I was getting ready for bed and wanted the days last smoke. So I grab a cig and head out the front door. As I light up an older Honda with at least 3 mofos drive by me yelling shit. They got to the end of the street and 1 got out of the car.  I could not keep eyes on him due to the other cars in the area.

The Honda drives to the back of the neighborhood and I can still hear them yelling. Then I hear someone yell "you" right across the street from me. Being 11:30 and the only person outside it was easy to determine they were yelling at me. I took a few more drags of my smoke and hear the "you" yell a few more times. I turn my back and walk inside.

Flipped the lights off, put shoes on my feet and ran upstairs to grab the gun. As I get upstairs I wake the better half telling her to keep an eye on the Honda that is now parked right in front of my place. The lights on the car are off.

I go down to the kitchen with my gun and another mag but couldn't find my flashlight. Fuck.

I went back upstairs got in bed and watched out the window to see them stop again in front of my house. Two fuckers got out of the car so I hit the window to get there  attention. It worked because I saw both of them shake a bit and get back in the car and take off.

Easy to tell I was singled out and they wanted to play. Needless to say I slept with an eye open. Didn't call the cops because I had nothing to go on other than a Honda with at least 3 people in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

Well, by all means.....

Time to carry on smoke breaks.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

About that. I was a 17 year old freshman. Being held back in 7th and 8th because you give zero fucks will do that to a fellow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#24]
That riot didn't happen.  It was a large crowd of people who didn't do anything.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

First thing I noticed too.  Guy's going to be 20 when..if he graduates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

The news sites here used to say that until I started posting what each local school district gets per student in their comments section. It really pissed people off finding out the poor disadvantaged city school district got thousands more per student than the suburban districts that they want to bus kids to.

That's still an optimistic timeline.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#26]
You don't think someone might go off on a crowd of these hood rats with an AR or Glock?
Remember the name Bernard Goetz?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Well, by all means.....

Yes. Good thing I had a shirt and shoes on when I went outside last night. Normally just in my running shorts and flip flops. Now I will go out with running shoes and a gun
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Downtown Charleston in the city is mostly liberals, college students and tourists.
Hell most of the historical homes in that area are owned by people that dont even live in the state, vacation homes.
Just 9 or 10 blocks away is the Hood with lots of geto goblins a perfect area for them to pull this crap.

View Quote

Exactly. Sadly I was down there while this was happening. Was with a large group from a wedding having drinks at Halls. Wife got an alert on her Facebook and we got a Uber out. Normally I carry a M&P9 with one reload. Reload has a Taran Tactical extension on it......
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Plenty of reloads in my vehicle if they get froggy one state north. Or, AWD could clear the path if egress is possible.

You will not surround my vehicle and bang on it with my wife and infant inside.
View Quote

X87.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
SC?  

I'm surprised none of them got extra holes poked in them by the good citizens of Charleston.
View Quote

I am not surprised. Charleston likes Lindsey Graham and went for FBHO in 2012. It's a beautiful city, but there's lots of things to complain about with respect to Charleston, this kind of thing being one of them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, Charleston is the liberal stronghold in SC. It does not surprise me that few would be willing or capable to defend theirselves.

As far as the other comments about going out with a whimper and lines in the stand, I make every effort NOT to be in a place or situation that could lend itself to be a hotbed for trouble.  If you want me to go to marches and all that get up, good luck as I am doing my best to support my family and pay taxes that support the PSA.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Charleston is DNC territory, keep that in mind.  The try this shit in other places and there will probably lots of leaking...
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah.

View Quote

17....in ninth grade.  I was a graduating senior at 17.  Geez.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

When humans act like deranged primates, they should be treated as such, and killed where they stand.
View Quote
Black, white or purple. This.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, Charleston is the liberal stronghold in SC. It does not surprise me that few would be willing or capable to defend theirselves.

As far as the other comments about going out with a whimper and lines in the stand, I make every effort NOT to be in a place or situation that could lend itself to be a hotbed for trouble.  If you want me to go to marches and all that get up, good luck as I am doing my best to support my family and pay taxes that support the PSA.
View Quote

For all the tough talk here so do most others.
It won't be a bad ass that opens up on the hood rats but some little nerd that is afraid and who will drop several of them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#36]

I don't have a front porch so my response would be different.  However I am armed as I have been waiting to shoot the coyote that came through my yard a week or so ago.  Coyote or scumbag, either way I will shoot if need be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Been to Charleston a few times and am very glad I stayed in the tourist area.  Bet the rioters never got close to the Citadel.  I can see a phalanx of cadets with fixed bayonets defending the school.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Youths and Teens.
View Quote

Racist terms.

TC
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

odd that they chose just the right place....hmmm almost as if it were encouraged and planned by......someone?

Nah thats crazy talk.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

He's just waiting till 18 so he can drop out with dignity...

TC
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah.

View Quote

Wait, a seventeen year old high school freshman?

My daughter just turned seventeen, and she's a junior. When she becomes a senior in the fall she will still be seventeen (obviously). That settles it, when I get home from work tonight I'm going to take away her car keys and tell her to check her fucking privilege

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

When humans act like deranged primates, they should be treated as such, and killed where they stand.
View Quote

Did you not watch the remake of 'Planet of the Apes'?  It ain't that easy.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Its all fun and games until someone has had enough. This is what electing Obama gave us. He promised to fundamentally change the country. He want minority control of the US. Hispanic, black, whatever. He will be fine when the shooting starts. That will be all he needs to collect guns. He really thinks it will be that easy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#44]
If you are white and defend yourself against a group of rioting blacks, you will be prosecuted to the full extent of racism.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

View Quote

so, we need to start shooting then?????  If not, when? Really?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ducks are a protected class. If they were penguins, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

We have schools around here that way. The make for great sports teams competing against the others. Not so much on academia levels though. Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank God we can have truck guns in Nevada.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn - I'm getting gorilla thumbs loading & unloading magazines. Might as well get it on and get it over with.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Wonder if we could get a fake news story posted," White teens rampage through the neighborhood attacking blacks. Doesn't seem to be racially motivated."
just to see what the reaction would be.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top