BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Great thread!
Roo, I know what you mean about Dolories O'Riordan - beautiful voice!  I'm a big fan of Andrea Corr as well, and her sisters, Sharon and Caroline.  
I love Irish music - everything from traditional to punk.  
Gotta love Irish women!

I used to have this recurring dream where I was locked in a cabin with Dolores O' Riordan and The Corrs. But now that I am getting older, it's just Dolores.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have any of you seen the show on Georgia Public Broadcasting called "Celtic Woman"?
That's some good music from some FINE women!
I normally don't watch that sort of thing but I've watched the same show 3 times now!

da Girlies are HOT!
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help and explaination,
I looked up the song at Amazon.com, it is called---At the Ceili-----and you can buy the DVD that PBS is now showing.

www.amazon.com/Celtic-Woman-Journey-Castle-Ireland/dp/B000LC4CVA/sr=8-5/qid=1166477928/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-7862141-8924053?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

And I think I will--

Nick
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
that chick from Ronin wasn't too bad at all

She's English

You mean like Andy?
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
that chick from Ronin wasn't too bad at all

She's English

You mean like Andy?

I'm one of the only Arfcommers who's met Andy and his accent's as Irish as Dick van Dyke's is Cockney

Link Posted: 12/18/2006 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow!
I thought that I was the only gun lover in the world that loved the Celtic Woman shows.
I have the first show on dvd and cd. Haven't gotten the new show on dvd YET. Just today I recieved my tickets in the mail for the Charlotte N.C. "Celtic Woman" show in March.
Lisa Kelly is my favorite of the group. Especially when she sings "Send me a song" and "May it be". I think Lisa is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Lisa'a smile and voice absolutely makes my legs weak.
The fiddle player Mairead also appears in Michael Flatley's "Feet of Flames" which is an awesome display of Irish dance and music.
Clannad's lead singer is Maire Brennan (pronounced Moya) She's Enya's older sister.
If you want to check out someone else, check out Joanna Hogg. She has a solo album but her main gig is the lead singer for a group called Iona. I have all of Iona's albums.Thev'e been around for about 15 years
Here's a couple of links to some Iona videos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycELmMgwNZ8&mode=related&search=
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMppT0MdWMg&mode=related&search=
www.youtube.com/watch?v=afP1JO4hZWQ&mode=related&search=
Enjoy and keep this thread going
Irish Chicks Rule!
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]

It was “The Last Rose of Summer”, with Hayley Westenra (who apparently is new to the group and is from New Zealand).

She strolled out by herself - looking like a skinny, bashful schoolgirl with wet hair.

I thought to myself:  “This is going to be terrible!”  

She stated to sing.

I melted into a puddle on the floor!  

Got it on tape now.  I really need to transfer it to DVD before I wear out the tape.

The two drummers in the show appear to be bikers!  

Seriously....you should check out her work. Two albums so far....Pure and Odyssey. Oddly enough caught an ad for her on Fox News Channel two years ago and just had to order Pure. My dear Lord but can she sing! Beautiful, beautiful voice, and she works through a lot of different arrangements over the course of each album. So far 'Across the Universe of Time' from Pure and 'Prayer' from Odyssey are vying for my favorite song.

True story - I had tickets to see her up in NYC a while back, which was a big thing because she's done maybe four events stateside. A week after I purchased them, my best friend (who didn't know about the event) finalized the plans for his wedding, and the rehearsal was planned for that very evening, and I couldn't skip out because I was the best man! I'm still a bit miffed about missing it......
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys are all a bunch of dorks. I can just see you guys driving around in your cars listening to celtic woman songs..
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Celtic chicks are hot,thats why I have one
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had The Cranberries Live in London DVD playing on my copmuter for the last hour great stuff.

Cant do screenshot of live video I guess so it's poor mans screenshot...

Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You guys are all a bunch of dorks. I can just see you guys driving around in your cars listening to celtic woman songs..

Yes because appreciating somebody that knows how to use their voice as an instrument as opposed to the crap that passes for music these days is dumb right.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Man WTF?

First you hate Texas, then it's something else that was weird and now this?
Insulting a whole group at one time again?
Lets see in the first 18 posts you have :
1) Alienated Texas
2) Alienated those of us with taste
3) Blasphemed the Almighty by making disparaging remarks about Irish women.

Holy SHIT!
Are you logged onto the right forum man??????????
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
"You guys are all a bunch of dorks. I can just see you guys driving around in your cars listening to celtic woman songs.."

Dude,
You must be Gay, if you Don't think the Celtic women are Great looking.

Or would you rather have a big harry man singing songs to you?

Go find somewhere else to post.

Link Posted: 12/18/2006 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Dude,

PLEASE....Quote the guy who hates Texas and Irish women, otherwise people will think you're referring to me because my post is right above yours.... the dude is SRTOutlaw that hates Irish women and Texas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
Dude,

Or would you rather have a big harry man singing songs to you? hock.gif

O, I never said they were'nt good looking. Some of them are super HOT. I'm just not gonna drive aroung in my car listening to (let it linger) by the cranberrys.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

O, I never said they were'nt good looking. Some of them are super HOT. I'm just not gonna drive aroung in my car listening to (let it linger) by the cranberrys.

19 Posts and at the very top of my shit list! Congrats.
Now you have blasphemed Dolores O'Riordan!
Is there nothing sacred?
Holy Crap.
It it's "Linger" by The Cranberries.
Jeez, wow.
Holy Jeez again.
I am speechless and amazed.
Who's troll acct?
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
You guys are all a bunch of dorks. I can just see you guys driving around in your cars listening to celtic woman songs..hateInsulting a whole group at one time again?
1) Alienated Texas

Holy SHIT!

I don't hate texas! I was just stirring the pot alittle and you guy blew it all out of proportion.
And I'm not trying to alienate anyone! You guys are just to sensitive.
I think alot of irish woman are Hot.
I like AR-15 and guns in general, so I think this is the right site.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man WTF?

First you hate Texas, then it's something else that was weird and now this?
Insulting a whole group at one time again?
1) Alienated Texas

Holy SHIT!

I don't hate texas! I was just stirring the pot alittle and you guy blew it all out of proportion.
And I'm not trying to alienate anyone! You guys are just to sensitive.
I think alot of irish woman are Hot.
I like AR-15 and guns in general, so I think this is the right site.

Ok no sweat just making sure.
Have fun.
and Irish is capitalized in the future.
so is Texas.

For your penance you must post 4 pics of Dolores O'Riordan in this thread, nice pics.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#22]
How do I post pics.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Marie Brennen and her sister Enya are my favs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I thought it was a funny post.

Although when I try to do something like that, I usually do the smileys like this + so that ppl will realize they're combined.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
You guys are all a bunch of dorks. I can just see you guys driving around in your cars listening to celtic woman songs..hought
Although when I try to do something like that, I usually do the smileys like this hat

Yeah, see you guys are too sensitive.. I think its the celtic woman music that making you guys that way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There is no end to the praises of Irish women.

No end to their detrements either.

This Dub married a Californian. My Best Man's from Limerick. He's said he's given up on Irish lasses and is targetting Americans as well. For starters, before going up to a good-looking Irish girl, you need to have written permission from the Pope.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This Dub married a Californian. My Best Man's from Limerick. He's said he's given up on Irish lasses and is targetting Americans as well. For starters, before going up to a good-looking Irish girl, you need to have written permission from the Pope.

NTM

Permission from the Pope is not a problem. I'm Catholic (kinda)
Look to the right of the Pope, thats me.
I am trying to import an Irish girl, or I will go get one.
Dated a few when I lived overseas, best ever.

Link Posted: 12/18/2006 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#28]
OK, for the record.....

I think red haired Irish Lass's are Very hot!
I do enjoy Irish/Celtic music..being Irish/Scottish.
I do get goosebumps when the fifes, pipes, and drums march past or are played.
I do think that the women/girls in "The Celtic Women" have great voices.

BUT!............

The amount of "Processing" being done to the voices, and to a lesser degree the music, in that show, just makes it imposable for me to listen to. It actually ruins the beauty of the voices for me....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

PLEASE....Quote the guy who hates Texas and Irish women, otherwise people will think you're referring to me because my post is right above yours.... the dude is SRTOutlaw that hates Irish women and Texas.

You come round my way and you'd pay for those comments. I'm Scotch Irish first, Texan Second, and American third. You make this a trifecta and I'm gonna firebomb your car. That extends to Texas Conutry and Irish Folk music.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 3:23:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

You come round my way and you'd pay for those comments. I'm Scotch Irish first, Texan Second, and American third. You make this a trifecta and I'm gonna firebomb your car. That extends to Texas Conutry and Irish Folk music.

Single Malt or Blend?
Most Scots I know would pop you if you called them "Scotch."
Ever been to Ireland or Scotland? Because you live in AMERICA. And placing her third on your list behind countries your ancestors left (probably to avoid English oppression) is just wrong, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

Single Malt or Blend?

They would, but they're probably not retards and would know what I'm talking about...

The term Scotch-Irish is an Americanism, used by historians to separate the Irish Presbyterian migration from the later Irish Catholic migration of the 19th century but it was first used back in 1573. This unusual term refers to those Presbyterian Scots who settled in Ulster (modern-day Northern Ireland) during the seventeenth century. From these 200,000 original settlers, many are still in Ulster but up to 2 million of their descendants eventually reached North America. Today they number an estimated 27.2 million. The terms "Ulster -Scot" or Ulster Irish" do not seem to fill the need as well as Scotch Irish.

Ever been to Ireland or Scotland? Because you live in AMERICA. And placing her third on your list behind countries your ancestors left (probably to avoid English oppression) is just wrong, IMHO.

"We took with us our religion and our schools, and those in Pennsylvania extended their settlements across the mountains and down the valley into Maryland and Virginia. When we gained a foothold, by our thrift, energy, enterprise and when we made our settlements important, we exercised influence in colonial affairs. When this point was gained we brought into public life an element directly antagonistic to the established order of things, and no one can deny that we were instrumental in bringing about the War for Independence, which we loyally supported.

We lived, increased, spread out over the south and west, and carried into Maryland, Virginia, and the Carolinas our democratic principles of human equality, of the responsibility of the governor to the governed, and of the supremacy of conscience over all established forms of thought, government, or worship. The American West was romantic only to people who write and read about it. There was nothing gentle about small log cabins with no windows, women dying of the black vomit of milk sickness, or a million passenger pigeons devouring one's hard-planted crops. Somehow we made it to Dixie. We liked to drink and brawl. We liked to fight and loved politics, which explains a long list of Scotch-Irish soldiers and politicians such as John C. Calhoun, Jeff Davis, Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, "Stonewall" Jackson, William McKinley, and Ulysses Grant, 27 in America, and others in Canada and Australia in later generations."

I am Scotch Irish/Irish/Scottish/and a little bit of English/Indian. I have fair skin and red tinged brown hair. I am a decendent of the Gael and Celts of the British Isles.

I can not change my race and therefore, it is what defines me first. I am proud of the heritage of my people and take a great interest in learning about their history and the history of my ancestors.

I am a Texan before an American. America is a country of United States, one of those being the state my family has lived in for generations. I am a propenent for state's rights and will defend Texas til the end be damned to the rest of the US if need be.

In Texas I am Scotch-Irish.
In America I am Texan.
In the world I am American.

I hang a US, Texas, CSA, Ireland and Scotland flag in my house. All are my heritage and all I am very proud of.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude,

Single Malt or Blend?

They would, but they're probably not retards and would know what I'm talking about...

The term Scotch-Irish is an Americanism, used by historians to separate the Irish Presbyterian migration from the later Irish Catholic migration of the 19th century but it was first used back in 1573. This unusual term refers to those Presbyterian Scots who settled in Ulster (modern-day Northern Ireland) during the seventeenth century. From these 200,000 original settlers, many are still in Ulster but up to 2 million of their descendants eventually reached North America. Today they number an estimated 27.2 million. The terms "Ulster -Scot" or Ulster Irish" do not seem to fill the need as well as Scotch Irish.

I am Scotch Irish/Irish/Scottish/and a little bit of English/Indian. I have fair skin and red tinged brown hair. I am a decendent of the Gael and Celts of the British Isles.

Do you see the irony here?
Also...to dispel ANOTHER fallacy...Celts are not all ruddy complexioned. That is also an Americanized idea. "Black Celts" are the norm...meaning dark skinned and haired.
The reason Scots were thought to be "red-shanked" was because they wore the feile mor (great plaid) and often nothing on their legs which would get abused traversing the harsh land.
I'm not trying to give to a hard time here, T-M. I spent seven years with a Scots living history organization. I know more about Alba's history than I do about my Italian/Irish/Armenian heritage. But I still feel my priority is to my country NOT my ancestry. YMMV  
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Have any of you seen the show on Georgia Public Broadcasting called "Celtic Woman"?
That's some good music from some FINE women!
I normally don't watch that sort of thing but I've watched the same show 3 times now!

Shit yeah I saw it! I was glued! Those were hotties and the music was good too! Thinking about buying the DVD. I love Celtic women....

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
While drinking many beers in Palma, Mallorca I met a sexy redhead Irish chick I used this line on her... "You speak pretty good English for an Irish chick." Wasn't until the next day when I sobered up did I realize why she found it so funny.

Oh well, it worked out fine in the end.

[hijack]
Ever been to "Maggies" there? A little bar run by two women, one English, one Irish.
Got in a "drinking contest" there in 1977 with a hot Swedish girl. We were drinking shots of tequela. Halfway into the "competition" I was licking the salt off her "breasts" and we had a little "side bet" IYKWIM.
I "won," she passed out. I passed out shortly after her. Her girlfriends took her back to their hotel and my shipmates took me back to the ship. Damn it! I never did get to collect on that bet. Ah! Palma.........[hijack]

Hessian-1  
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While drinking many beers in Palma, Mallorca I met a sexy redhead Irish chick I used this line on her... "You speak pretty good English for an Irish chick." Wasn't until the next day when I sobered up did I realize why she found it so funny.

Oh well, it worked out fine in the end.

[hijack]
Ever been to "Maggies" there? A little bar run by two women, one English, one Irish.
Got in a "drinking contest" there in 1977 with a hot Swedish girl. We were drinking shots of tequela. Halfway into the "competition" I was licking the salt off her "breasts" and we had a little "side bet" IYKWIM.
I "won," she passed out. I passed out shortly after her. Her girlfriends took her back to their hotel and my shipmates took me back to the ship. Damn it! I never did get to collect on that bet. Ah! Palma.........[hijack]

Hessian-1  

Dad?

Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Just bought the CD today at Wally mart for $10

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NTM

And even worse, you need the permission from the Pope to get rid of her as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#39]
my wife took me to see them last summer and i must say the fiddle player is the most sexual and beautiful woman i may have ever seen.www.maireadnesbitt.com/10240768.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude,

These damn quotes are confusing..... it's SRTOutlaw that hates Texas and The Irish, not me, I am both Texan and Irish.

I will firebomb his car too.

Just to be clear it isnt me that hates Texas and the Irish.

I am on record saying Irish women are the best.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The amount of "Processing" being done to the voices, and to a lesser degree the music, in that show, just makes it imposable for me to listen to. It actually ruins the beauty of the voices for me....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Signal processing to be more exact. Echo, gate, reverb, filter. I think, for songs such as Orinoco Flow, they were trying to replicate the heavy echoes as in the Enya recording.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Their version of Oranoco Flow is superior to that of Enya's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Their version of Oranoco Flow is superior to that of Enya's.

"Sail away, sail away, sail away."

Is that the song?

Also, I didn't realize Enya sang "Yoko Ono Flow". +
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I just bought tickets this evening for their Feb 22nd show in Roanoke. Should be great...
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't hate Texas and I don't hate the Irish. allthought My being Orange we have had are differances.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, I watched more than a few times. Good music. They air it pretty often too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Signal processing to be more exact. Echo, gate, reverb, filter. I think, for songs such as Orinoco Flow, they were trying to replicate the heavy echoes as in the Enya recording.

Yes, Signal Processing....

Add Chorus/delay to your list and I'd say you were right in the ballpark.

It's so grating to my ears, that i just can not listen to the show/music at all.

Too many years behind recording consoles I guess.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw them live in Chicago earlier this year or last fall (i forget which). Simply amazing. Voices of angels.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I saw them live in Chicago earlier this year or last fall (i forget which). Simply amazing. Voices of angels.

More proof that God is Irish.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Youtube has many of the songs/videos of them.

S.O.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top