Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought one. I think I'm gonna buy a .22 upper to put on it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 2
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So Jake,

When will we start a group buy on upper receivers marked CavAid 2008?

Maybe one of the Special Edition rifles this year will have a Cav-Aid theme....
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bought one. I think I'm gonna buy a .22 upper to put on it.

That's what I'm going to do with mine.  The other one is going to be a gift (to someone other than myself).
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Voted 1x
Order #998
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
CAN I GET A MKII IN PINK!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 1:23:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not yet.  Get one in black until the pink one becomes available.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They do have pink furniture for sale on the CavArms website.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy I spoke with at AGP said he was totally amazed by the number of people requesting pink.

How much of a giant F*U*  would it be to have CavAid 2008 Pink AR15's and advertise them in Family Circle or Redbook?
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The guy I spoke with at AGP said he was totally amazed by the number of people requesting pink.

How much of a giant F*U*  would it be to have CavAid 2008 Pink AR15's and advertise them in Family Circle or Redbook?

It's teh ghey, it's catching on...
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not yet.  Get one in black until the pink one becomes available.

Should probably read:

"Get one in black to help insure they don't go out of business in the meantime and pink is never again available."

It absolutely sickitates me the way ATF is handling this.*

* as in, I acknowledge that they have to do their job (until Congress [hopefully] pulls the plug), but taking the entire inventory/livelihood of a business is beyond the fucking pale.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered 2 lowers
1 for me (makes 3 cav arms lowers for me)
1 for my buddy.... his wife is gonna love me!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered three yesterday around noon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is for my 5YO daughter....silly
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]

AGP Arms, Inc.: Order receipt #886

02/29/08

Thought I posted in this thread, but I can't seem to find it, so add another to the count

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Latest tally, as of Tuesday, 11pm Central:

From this thread: 283*

From AGP's website: 314**

* 281 from poll
+ 1 from odontia32m
+ 1 from [i can't recall, but someone ordered one the 1st day, voted, and then ordered an add'l unit on the 2nd day]

** 686 item(s) available

(also updated first post)
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]
One
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Order # 1030

Got two (2) lowers coming my way...

Kevin Tenney of AGP told me via e-mail on Sunday that AGP didn't have any lower parts kits available.  Yet I keep seeing people say that they're getting their lowers with LPK's.  What gives?
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#19]
At this point, the trend I've noticed is that, while at first the AGP website count and our count in this thread were fairly close and consistent, the AGP website count is starting to pull away.

IMO, the reason the numbers are finally starting to diverge is likely because "the rest of the Internet" is starting to get ahold of this.  Other arfcommers have posted things like "Sniper's Hide now knows about this" and "We need to get the word out to the competition shooting community," etc.

So it's my opinion that the discrepancy is largely due to these non-arfcom related purchases.

If that's the case, this thread could still be valuable if we wanted to see how much we've directly driven sales as opposed to other sites and communities (which we may have even driven indirectly).

It's your call, guys.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't know about ya'll, but the two I ordered are for my kids.

I've got two girls though so having pink (and purple) available would be ideal.

The boy will have to be happy with black.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Order no. 1018. Bought it because I had one already and liked it. Didn't need it, really. But wanted to help out a good company.

I'll either make an ultralight out of it or go the AR45 route.

John
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Past the 300 mark.. (buy AGP's count)....... good good

We need to keep this up, we need to at least try and reach 600.
I'm a poor_man and I bought two,

those that aren't buying one, What's your excuse?

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered one tonight, order #1041. I am trying to get a group buy together at work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
any idea when these are shipping? this week, next week, a month or two?

I'm trying to plan upper purchases
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey Jake, keep the poll going.  I know I've sent e-mails to all of my friends linking to AGP's site.  I should have sent them the link to this thread.

Also, how many ARFCOMers aren't posting in this thread?

BTT
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 3:12:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1
I am a very impatient fellow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey Jake, keep the poll going.  I know I've sent e-mails to all of my friends linking to AGP's site.  I should have sent them the link to this thread.

Also, how many ARFCOMers aren't posting in this thread?

BTT

At least initially, I think a lot of (most?) arfcommers were posting in it, because we were only like 10-11 units off of AGP's website total.  Not a huge discrepancy in the grand scheme of things....

The recent divergence *could* be related to arfcommers who are ordering but not posting here, but if I had to put money on anything, it'd be that what we're seeing now are orders not generated by (at least not directly) arfcom, the website.

I personally think that arfcommers are generating most of this activity, even if only indirectly (the emails you've sent, posts on other web forums/communities, etc).

In short, we effin' rock!

Trying to not sound like a groupie here, but..... I love us.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I'd like to know just so I can tell my FFL.

I don't want to rush anyone, but need to know around what date.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I'd like to know just so I can tell my FFL.

I don't want to rush anyone, but need to know around what date.

Hmmm....has no one received any yet? I suppose if Monday was the first day he could ship any out then today, Wednesday, would still be too early for any to arrive anywhere.

I figured I'd stop by my dealers shop Friday afternoon and check. But it would be nice to know if when it was shipped, if it has. Or will be if it hasn't. I don't need to be bothering either shop every day.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#30]
As of Monday AGP hadn't received any of the lowers for shipping.  Sounds like CavArms only started turning out the CavAid 2008 lowers on Friday.  So it'll take a few days to fill the order for 1000 CavAid lowers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Check this link for updates

Watch for an update on Cavalry Arms delivery schedule.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I ordered mine on Friday the 29th, and regret not having seen this thread before now. I could only get one, but hope to get another, finances permitting. I was order #840. Since I already have two Bazooka Bros. .45 conversions, I'm thinking of either doing the lightweight rifle build on this one, or maybe a dedicated .22 LR, not sure. If they release any pink lowers, though, I will have to get one to build a lightweight Pink AR for my granddaughter. Sometimes being Grandpa means just gritting one's teeth and getting out the plastic . . .

ETA: Oh yeah, tag.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered 3 of them yesterday.

One for my daughter, one for my son, and a spare.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I just ordered 1 a few minutes ago from AGP. The guy I talked to said a hell of a lot of orders had come in. He didn't know how many.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Kevin said they should start shipping out "the day after" they are received.

In hindsight, I'm sure that meant "the business day after".

According to him, they should start receiving them (the first batch?) sometime this week.

I'm normally a little impatient as well, but working with people from a production-operations management background, I can see how what Cav is trying to do isn't quite the same as a firm with a shitload of product already warehoused and in stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Just ordered mine today....

I finished building my first AR about 2 weeks ago and was definitely not in the market for another...and I couldn't really afford it, but I felt I needed to help. My first build was a NM rifle, this one will be my hunting rifle with a 6.8 SPC build...plus since it's lighter, it'll be good for hauling around the woods.

Plus I think it'll be nice in 10 years to have a CAV-AID 2008 marked lower which shows when I tried to help the 2nd.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok everybody, stop surfing the EE for about a week while I look for an upper.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#38]
got one..... waitin on her!
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in for 2 in black - and more if they do a run of some non-standard color(s).  
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Bought one today.  

My Wife saw the receipt for a Bank Check to Ed Avila.  That was a donation to the CavArms defense fund.

She asked about the check, so I showed her some of the threads here and a couple of the online videos.  She doesn't like the ATF any more than I do and she said to go ahead and raid the grocery budget to get a Cav-Aid 2008 lower.

This lower will be mated with a A1 upper for a LW build.  

If I had the money I'd buy a lot more

Screw the ATF.

ZM

Link Posted: 3/9/2008 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#41]
My order for 1 is in, wish I could afford more of them right now...
Now to ponder what to do with it. Dedicated 22LR, or an ultra-lightweight 223 build?
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#42]
So with out reading through 4 or so threads, has there been any more updates?

Have Cavalry Arm's lawyers had any luck getting their needed forms?
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I've not heard anything since the last update (Friday night) by Garryowen in the other thread.

With lawyers and the .gov generally not working weekends, I doubt there's been any progress since.

There may be more info forthcoming with the advent of the new week.  Let's hope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully we hear something by next week.

The more drawn out this becomes, the more angry I get that a government organization can destroy a business, with out providing any evidence of criminal activity.

The longer they make them wait, the more likely they are to lose their company....
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hopefully we hear something by next week.

The more drawn out this becomes, the more angry I get that a government organization can destroy a business, with out providing any evidence of criminal activity.

The longer they make them wait, the more likely they are to lose their company....
amen on that
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Ordered three yesterday around noon.
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 1:59:04 AM EDT
[#47]
A "good morning" bump.

Link Posted: 3/10/2008 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Latest tally, as of Monday (3/10/2008), 11am Central:

From this thread: 334*

From AGP's website: 376**

* 332 from poll
+ 1 from odontia32m
+ 1 from [i can't recall, but someone ordered one the 1st day, voted, and then ordered an add'l unit on the 2nd day]

** 624 item(s) available

(also updated first post)
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Latest tally, as of Monday (3/10/2008), 11am Central:

From this thread: 334*

From AGP's website: 376**

For a difference of...... 42 units.

This would suggest that no more than 42 units have been sold via non-arf means.

I know a lot of us (myself included sometimes, in spurts) tend to think arfcom is the only intarweb, but maybe we can branch out a little and spread the word a bit more in the coming days/weeks?
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I've changed my avatar on all forums I post in.... added AGP's cav-aid link to my sigline too.

I've wasted no effort at getting the word out, both on and off line.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top