BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WOW...A new guy with 6 posts telling us about the EE.

Thanks man.

I am sure you mean well, but I think we are on top of it.

SGatr15

What ban is he referring to???

Could somebody sell me a vowel please?

I think he may have been talking about the bans in NY, NJ, CT, MA, HI, ME,  and CA. I dun know??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I guess you feel that an original Shelby GT500 is worthless while the kit cars are being produced too...

That argument is getting rather tiresome.  The Shelby is something that is widely regarded as being collectible and worth money to someone that has it.  Being the one guy in the world that owns some outdated AR with a special stamp on the barrel or receiver is only "cool" or valuable to maybe 15 dorks on the internet.  Nobody else cares.  If you have one, and you can find one of those 15 dorks to sell it to, good for you, but otherwise nobody cares.

Not to mention, in terms of pure perfomrance, you'd be much better served with a brand new 'Vette or Viper than you would with the Shelby.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The thing is, something like 35% - 40% of the US population is still under a ban of some sort.

Couple that with the fact that MOST newer receivers are "high or narrow" shelf or the wrong pin size or blocked or...

...and that pre-pre PWA lower on your gun is STILL a bit more scarce than that $75 mega EE special.

I think I will just hold on to my lower until the market shakes out. The way it is now, somebody will feel like they got burned two or three months down the road.

Im not under a ban. A friend of mine is. One of my lowers is on the way to him. IF I find another friend that needs one, that will be another one out the door. Keep going until I have rotated all of them out the door or run out of friends.

I will never feel like I got burned, I feel like a pile of us got liberated, with a bonus. Pesimist versus optimist I guess

1) I get to get rid of  a 20 yr old AR and get me a brand new AR.

2) I get to help a friend get a good AR.

3) And last but not least I get to piss in DiFi's face.

And I get to do this all in one swoop. There is no downside to me, money isnt everything and I cant take any of it with me. United we stand, divided we fall. Disarmed we are fucked.

I will venture to guess those few of you holding onto those valuable pre-bans will be holding them awhile, as I know there are enough good guys around these parts to share the wealth with all the friends that need them.

And since when is 3 states 40% of 50???

New math?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The thing is, something like 35% - 40% of the US population is still under a ban of some sort.

Couple that with the fact that MOST newer receivers are "high or narrow" shelf or the wrong pin size or blocked or...ONLY IF IT'S A COLT

...and that pre-pre PWA lower on your gun is STILL a bit more scarce than that $75 mega EE special.

I think I will just hold on to my lower until the market shakes out. The way it is now, somebody will feel like they got burned two or three months down the road.

How do you come up with that figure?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WOW...A new guy with 6 posts telling us about the EE.

Thanks man.

I am sure you mean well, but I think we are on top of it.

SGatr15

I hate when people judge someone based on their post count, as if, by some miracle, more posts equal more intelligence.

It doesn't ? There are a couple dozen (at least) asshats on here that think it does.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Im not under a ban. A friend of mine is. One of my lowers is on the way to him. IF I find another friend that needs one, that will be another one out the door. Keep going until I have rotated all of them out the door or run out of friends.

I will never feel like I got burned, I feel like a pile of us got liberated, with a bonus. Pesimist versus optimist I guess

And I get to do this all in one swoop. There is no downside to me, money isnt everything and I cant take any of it with me. United we stand, divided we fall. Disarmed we are fucked.

I will venture to guess those few of you holding onto those valuable pre-bans will be holding them awhile, as I know there are enough good guys around these parts to share the wealth with all the friends that need them.

I like you more and more every day!

I have 2 that will be on the way soon and one pending a new loving home, Yup I paid way to much, but that was then and this is now!. I know that these lowers will be loved even more than I loved them!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couple that with the fact that MOST newer receivers are "high or narrow" shelf or the wrong pin size or blocked or...

And since when is 3 states 40% of 50???

New math?

1.) Nowhere did I say that three states were still under a ban.

According to my admittedly lame “local office of the ATF”  

Quote: Seven states still have some sort of legislation regarding SAWs or high capacity magazines. (The legislation that expired was how he put it)

He was unable to specify the exact states. I have asked for an opinion in writing but I now believe those states to be Massachusetts, Maryland, Connecticut, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York and California.

“new math” indeed and way to partial quote me. You should go to work for CBS.

2.) I realize that the owners of this board and about 35%- 40% of the members of this board come from those states but your level of rhetoric is absolutely astounding.

I simply pointed out that the market would take several months to shake out. Waiting until that point before selling your lower prevents either side from feeling ripped off. Hell, my much used 1993 PWAs may only be worth $40 instead of that straight up trade for new. That much used slabside colt could only be worth $50. We’ll see in a couple of months.

3) Larryg – The Mega, VM HT, Stag, New PWA, Colt, Armalite and others all differ in design from the original Colt AR and the older receivers.

I arrived at that figure by adding up the populations of six of the above states and subtracting it from the total population. It’s a pretty rough estimate of the people still getting screwed by unconstitutional laws NOT the potential market for a shot to shit lower.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top