[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying to figure out why you think it was the BLM guy???

The first video looks an awful lot like an elk licking it.  And given there's another elk just in front of the camera, I doubt there was a human with a dog there jumping around...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It's LAG BOLT.

I don't know what the hell a "Lack Bolt" is unless it was a subliminal admission that your thread lacked photos/video.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

12 days between when he say it and squatch arm tried to rip it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I was really expecting the pics/video or something.

Sorry to disappoint. I have some vids, and pics of my setup that stayed on public land for a month overall, but no membership so I can't post videos or pics without a huge hastle. Sorry...

So, was it there for more than 14 days?

As far as posting the video goes, just upload it to youtube and then paste a URL  link here.

So did he say that he saw it 12 days prior or you saw him on it 12 days before?

Could he have seen it even before then, but wasn't caught on the camera?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I was really expecting the pics/video or something.

Sorry to disappoint. I have some vids, and pics of my setup that stayed on public land for a month overall, but no membership so I can't post videos or pics without a huge hastle. Sorry...

So, was it there for more than 14 days?

As far as posting the video goes, just upload it to youtube and then paste a URL  link here.

But it was still out there in excess of 14 days?  How do you know he didn't see it earlier?

Sympathy meter just pegged a big fat goose-egg.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Trolled into another safe thread. Again.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm trying to figure out why you think it was the BLM guy???
View Quote

I got him on two cameras. One was timelapse el chepo, and this one. I will show you the vid of him coming through 12 days earlier from this camera. I did not catch him on the other one messing with this one, but I did catch him the same date and time as the (squatch arm)  coming up to it on the other one. That one I am going to keep for posterity because I got his face.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That arm hair looks exactly like standard issue BLM kit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

G, let me get stuff downloaded before douchebaggery. I just set up a frigin photobucket account for the first time. It isn't like I am a rocket scientist, I am a redneck hillbilly Oregonian who barely got a science degree. First I have to transfer from my phone, to the computer, and then the photobucket to get to the question about what this was. Give me a break. I will get the vid of BLM dude up just get me some patience. GD, fuck...It is like a bunch of 5 year old in the back of a station wagon.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I won't say what the other camera watching this one caught, but here is the sasquatch/BLM dude trying to hang on and rip down the camera. This was on a sunday. I didn't think federal employees worked weekends. http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/MFDC0011_zps7m5vecef.mp4.html?filters[user]=143092453&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/MFDC0011_zps7m5vecef.mp4.html?filters[user]=143092453&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/URL]
View Quote

Link to OP's Photobucket Bucket.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is lumped together in the ORS. Fed says 72 hours, state says even BLM is 14 days. Does not matter if it is a blind, camera, stand, camper ect. They include all of that in the ORS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You say it was complying with ORS. It is fed land, so what does the fed law say?

It is lumped together in the ORS. Fed says 72 hours, state says even BLM is 14 days. Does not matter if it is a blind, camera, stand, camper ect. They include all of that in the ORS.

Do you have a link where ORS says what fed law says and how they pick and choose what fed law applies on fed land?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

G, let me get stuff downloaded before douchebaggery. I just set up a frigin photobucket account for the first time. It isn't like I am a rocket scientist, I am a redneck hillbilly Oregonian who barely got a science degree. First I have to transfer from my phone, to the computer, and then the photobucket to get to the question about what this was. Give me a break. I will get the vid of BLM dude up just get me some patience. GD, fuck...It is like a bunch of 5 year old in the back of a station wagon.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More true than you know
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
You know what they say in the Marines?

"Gear adrift, must be a gift."

You left your shit abandoned on public land for a month.  Somebody should've secured your trash and hauled it off, or at least abided by the Code of the West and shot some .30 holes in it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

ETA: Please stick to sciencing. Omg those welds.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I won't say what the other camera watching this one caught, but here is the sasquatch/BLM dude trying to hang on and rip down the camera. This was on a sunday. I didn't think federal employees worked weekends. http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/MFDC0011_zps7m5vecef.mp4.html?filters[user]=143092453&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/MFDC0011_zps7m5vecef.mp4.html?filters[user]=143092453&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/URL]

Link to OP's Photobucket Bucket.

Ya, thanks. Now tell me how secure it is?

Here is BLM dude.

http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/MFDC0009_zpslbslk6yp.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
You drove nails/bolts into a tree on public property?

You should totally be thrown under the jail.   Its a crime to do that around here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you have a link where ORS says what fed law says and how they pick and choose what fed law applies on fed land?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You say it was complying with ORS. It is fed land, so what does the fed law say?

Looking for it. I had a link to is stashed away. It was in the ODFW regs as I recall.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You should totally be thrown under the jail.   Its a crime to do that around here.
View Quote

Bite me tree hugger....Legal. Now go make yourself a tofu burger.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now it's getting good!

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
According to federal law it is only 72 hours. Now to find that other reg I saw.

§ 8365.2-3   Occupancy and use.

In developed camping and picnicking areas, no person shall, unless otherwise authorized:

(a) Fail to pay any fees imposed in accordance with 36 CFR part 71.

(b) Pitch any tent, park any trailer, erect any shelter or place any other camping equipment in any area other than the place designed for it within a designated campsite;

(c) Leave personal property unattended for more than 24 hours in a day use area, or 72 hours in other areas. Personal property left unattended beyond such time limit is subject to disposition under the Federal Property and Administration Services Act of 1949, as amended (40 U.S.C. 484(m));

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
According to federal law it is only 72 hours. Now to find that other reg I saw.

§ 8365.2-3   Occupancy and use.

In developed camping and picnicking areas, no person shall, unless otherwise authorized:

(a) Fail to pay any fees imposed in accordance with 36 CFR part 71.

(b) Pitch any tent, park any trailer, erect any shelter or place any other camping equipment in any area other than the place designed for it within a designated campsite;

(c) Leave personal property unattended for more than 24 hours in a day use area, or 72 hours in other areas. Personal property left unattended beyond such time limit is subject to disposition under the Federal Property and Administration Services Act of 1949, as amended (40 U.S.C. 484(m));

View Quote

That isn't a developed campground.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no you di'int!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's not about tree hugging, it's about not killing someone when a chunk of saw blade goes flying like a bullet at the lumber mill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can someone in Oregon go kick the OP in the face please?
View Quote

I've got it, lemme finish my beer first
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

it's not about tree hugging, it's about not killing someone when a chunk of saw blade goes flying like a bullet at the lumber mill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think I would leave one in? Those things are like $.60 cents a piece. I ain't made of money!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone in Oregon go kick the OP in the face please?

I got a cold PBR waiting for ya.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the link but it's in the Oregon hunting regulation book that unless otherwise posted BLM land follows state laws when it comes to hunting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, at least he did not get my vids. I will have to glue some twigs and moss on it or something.

http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/IMG_20150326_154038_zps20zc3zql.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't have the link but it's in the Oregon hunting regulation book that unless otherwise posted BLM land follows state laws when it comes to hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I recall seing as well. I am looking for the details in writing. I thought I had it saved, but who knows. If I would have left that camera up another month I probably would have forgot where it was. I wanted to leave it up longer and try to catch a cougar, but from what I have read I have to move it 25 miles? The hell with that. Sticks an moss are getting applied.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that is quite normal referring to HUNTING. Placing recording equipment isn't hunting. Sure, you can say it is part of hunting, but do you need a tag or a license to place equipment? It isn't part of hunting. Is there a season to place recording equipment in OR?

I am not so sure you are going to find a law that permits you to install personal equipment on federal land. We had a rancher in NV that has had some problems with personal equipment on BLM land
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes, that is quite normal referring to HUNTING. Placing recording equipment isn't hunting. Sure, you can say it is part of hunting, but do you need a tag or a license to place equipment? It isn't part of hunting. Is there a season to place recording equipment in OR?

I am not so sure you are going to find a law that permits you to install personal equipment on federal land. We had a rancher in NV that has had some problems with personal equipment on BLM land
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may very well be but I do believe there is something about placement of stands, cameras, etc... and how long it can be out past/before hunting season and the duration it can be  setup in the Oregon hunting regulations.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice lock box!

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, Im done with the BLM rant. Anyone want to see the other vids? I got some blacktail, and elk on this trip.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I cant see shit
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Double post
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I have a hunting licence. Yes, there is an open season on other animals such as cougar which I would like to get. If you are BLM trying to justify 12 days before being a thug you can kiss my ass. It was a legally placed camera on public land. It was 12 days since it was discovered, and no...the other camera did not see the BLM ranger before then. I get it, it was (close enough) right? BS The dude is a thief. I hate camera thieves hence the reason I went so far as to build such a contraption, and cover it with another camera, and having a uniform does not make it legal. You find it fine, come back in 14 days. I did, and caught him trying to steal it after 12.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nice lock box!

<a href="http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/IMG_20150501_192146_zps4bb1ilfx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/xacex1/IMG_20150501_192146_zps4bb1ilfx.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s621.photobucket.com/user/xacex1/media/IMG_20150501_192113_zpsiwu5kist.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/xacex1/IMG_20150501_192113_zpsiwu5kist.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks, bed frames. I told you I was poor. Not the best welding I have done in my life, but I left it to add (texture).
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#38]
This is straight from the ODFW regs.

Camping and Leaving Personal Property on Public Lands
Regulations for public use of public lands vary from area to area. It is the
responsibility of each hunter to know the rules and regulations which govern
public land use in the area they are using. In general, individuals
are not allowed to camp or leave personal property or structures such as
tree stands on public lands (including BLM or US Forest Service lands)
for more than 14 days. However, some areas are closed to camping or
may have different stay limits. Hunters should contact the responsible land
management agency prior to installing any cameras, tree stands or other
personal property.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, Im done with the BLM rant. Anyone want to see the other vids? I got some blacktail, and elk on this trip.
View Quote

Post em up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#40]
BLM treats anything left on public land for more than 72 hours as abandoned property (aka trash). Maybe you should try contacting them and letting their locals know where you intend to put a camera and leave it for a month. They may leave it alone if they know it's not abandoned. They may frown on the lag bolts.

ETA: Oh, look.

Quoted:Hunters should contact the responsible land management agency prior to installing any cameras, tree stands or other personal property.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

personal property.

View Quote

Was it there a month?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BLM treats anything left on public land for more than 72 hours as abandoned property (aka trash). Maybe you should try contacting them and letting their locals know where you intend to put a camera and leave it for a month. They may leave it alone if they know it's not abandoned. They may frown on the lag bolts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Hunters should contact the responsible land management agency prior to installing any cameras, tree stands or other personal property.

They can frown all they want I will not leave my cameras out there for BLM thieves to take, and there is no regulation stating that I cannot fasten my camera with a (spike) or bolt. I do not do irreparable damage to a tree by using a 1/4" or 5/16" lag bolt that is removed. I did study enough ecology, biology, botany, silviculture, ect. to know that in the whole scheme of things a device that does not go to (heart)  wood is irelivent. If I was using a 3/4" spike there could be some consequences, but that is ridiculous. You are right though, and I should contact the BLM and kiss their ass for permission to use my land, or I can be a jackass and tell them to go ....off. I choose option 2. I am within MY right as well as YOUR right to do what I do. You should not have to ask PERMISSION and then have someone try to STEAL your shit. Rant off...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Was it there a month?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

personal property.

Was it there a month?

By my own admission, and not proven by video shown here, or by discovery by the BLM.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#44]
As an old guy I am having difficulty getting more than 5 things loaded on photobucket. Any of you millennials want to walk me through adding more video than that? Every time I add another vid it does not show up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#45]
It is pretty easy, but you seem pretty sensitive about the issue
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

By my own admission, and not proven by video shown here, or by discovery by the BLM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

personal property.

Was it there a month?

Or they saw it sooner and the camera didn't capture a picture of them? Or they saw it, and 12 days, which is more than 72 hours, later came back to throw away the trash YOU'RE leaving on MY land?

Stop littering on my trees!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#47]
sounds like you need a camera for your camera
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
sounds like you need a camera for your camera
View Quote

I GOT ONE! Thats how I know the squash arm belongs to BLM.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or they saw it sooner and the camera didn't capture a picture of them? Or they saw it, and 12 days, which is more than 72 hours, later came back to throw away the trash YOU'RE leaving on MY land?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

personal property.

Was it there a month?

Fair enough, come take it down. I will give you the GPS location. You know what. I am going to pour the hottest damn hot sauce, pure capsaicin on these damn cameras just for those fools who want to TRY to steal these cameras. Maybe I should post  the agony as they realize they should not have touched it. If it is not yours dont touch it. Trash is one thing, but equipment is another.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#50]
What part of Oregon??
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top