User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a cat once that liked to come along when I took the dog for a walk, it would come when I called it and loved to be petted. I think it was confused and thought it was a dog.

My last cat would do this also; I'd take the dog to the park for a walk, and keeping 20 feet behind and hiding at every opportunity would be the cat.

He also liked to walk through the house opening every door and cupbord with his paw. No one tought him that! He'd just open them up and take a look inside.

My mom's cat does that. He doesn't look at the contents, he'll just decide every now and then that everything has to be open (usually when we're not home) and go around opening every drawer, cabinet, door, etc. in the house. Then my cat comes through behind him and gets into mischief.

My mom's cat has even figured out how to open JARS. He lays them on their side, puts all his weight on the jar to hold it down (and this is a BIG cat too) and uses his front paws to twist the lid off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a cat once that liked to come along when I took the dog for a walk, it would come when I called it and loved to be petted. I think it was confused and thought it was a dog.

My last cat would do this also; I'd take the dog to the park for a walk, and keeping 20 feet behind and hiding at every opportunity would be the cat.

He also liked to walk through the house opening every door and cupbord with his paw. No one tought him that! He'd just open them up and take a look inside.

My mom's cat does that. He doesn't look at the contents, he'll just decide every now and then that everything has to be open (usually when we're not home) and go around opening every drawer, cabinet, door, etc. in the house. Then my cat comes through behind him and gets into mischief.

My mom's cat has even figured out how to open JARS. He lays them on their side, puts all his weight on the jar to hold it down (and this is a BIG cat too) and uses his front paws to twist the lid off.

You need some jars with left-handed threads.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need some jars with left-handed threads.

Or some of these containers, although I'm not sure they'll be safe from those polydactyl cats....I think they have opposable thumbs
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
But Gunny, I don't own a bear...........
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged.

I've seen many cats that figured out how to turn doorknobs.

My three cats will all come to me on command - Unless they really don't feel like it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My cat opens cabinets all the time and will open the fridge if I'm not careful about keeping it blocked.  A friend I knew had handle-style knobs on all the doors in their apartment and the cat would hang from the handles and swing until the door opened.  Had to keep the deadbolt in place in the front door or the cat would be out in the stairwell.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tagged.

I've seen many cats that figured out how to turn doorknobs.

My three cats will all come to me on command - Unless they really don't feel like it.

No shit..............our cat can open a couple doors here in the house as well.  I am not kidding!!  Incredible.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
my cat drinks out of the toilet, I'm working on training him to fetch, and he comes when I call him.

My cat did that, until I flushed the toilet while she was drinking...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my cat drinks out of the toilet, I'm working on training him to fetch, and he comes when I call him.

My cat did that, until I flushed the toilet while she was drinking...

he stares at the water till it comes back and continues drinking
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top