Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
media.jobrelatedstuff.com/media/viewFile.html?i=2410

DK Prof, your cat and mine could be brother and sister (yours is male, right?)

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually not male with 3 colors.   Some sort of genetic thing.   It only works if the male is XXY or some such, and then they're sterile.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually not male with 3 colors.   Some sort of genetic thing.   It only works if the male is XXY or some such, and then they're sterile.

His cat is a Mackerel Tabby Maine Coon, it's not calico.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, my cat's a Torbie.   But I had remembered reading that three fur colors, however arranged, is not possible on a male except by the XXY maleness.   That pic shows black, white AND red/orange which was teh reason for my suppositions.  

How old's your cat?   I just got mine  in October, never was really a cat person before.   Damn thing enjoys knocking all my shit on the floor at night, but generally a nice pet.

I wound up training her to use feline pine, as I hate the tracking of clay litter.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, my cat's a Torbie.   But I had remembered reading that three fur colors, however arranged, is not possible on a male except by the XXY maleness.   That pic shows black, white AND red/orange which was teh reason for my suppositions.  

How old's your cat?   I just got mine  in October, never was really a cat person before.   Damn thing enjoys knocking all my shit on the floor at night, but generally a nice pet.

I wound up training her to use feline pine, as I hate the tracking of clay litter.

Gonzo..what pic are you looking at?  That's a grey cat in DK Profs pic.

But yes, you are right, 99.9% of calico cats are femaes.

I have 3 cats.  My oldest, a Tortie, is about 7-8, she's a shelter cat and they weren't positive.  My Maine Coon is 4, my kitten is a year and a half, he's a Buff colored tabby (and a little shit).  

My Maine Coon is double pawed in front, she feels the need to kick things off tables, too.  In fact, the other night, she felt the need to dump a full glass of water off my nightstand, onto my head.  She's small for a Maine Coon, at about 13 pounds, but still a large cat.  She dwarfs the kitten, who is a small, sleek little 7 pounder.  the Maine Coon is funny though, because she's got such huge front paws, that are all fur, she has no brakes.  She jumps on the kitchen table which has a glass top, and slides a foot before she can stop.  Very funny.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]

I have another Calico, but no picture of her at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]
In the background:

Evil sniper cat:

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just so we are all clear on what my female Maine Coon looks like, here's a shot that really shows her pattern:

media.jobrelatedstuff.com/media/viewFile.html?i=2415

my sister had one just like that.  beautiful cats.  we still have her brother who is grey.  i'll try to find a pic.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just so we are all clear on what my female Maine Coon looks like, here's a shot that really shows her pattern:

Thanks.  Gorgeous cat.  

I've always thought the long hairs look cool, but when I got my first cat I decided on a s.h., as I didn't want to deal with the brushing and all taht.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  Gorgeous cat.  

I've always thought the long hairs look cool, but when I got my first cat I decided on a s.h., as I didn't want to deal with the brushing and all taht.

The Maine Coon fur is not like persian fur, it's much more silky, and rarely needs brushing.  I just brushed mine the other night to get some of the winter undercoat out, but they rarely get mats.  The fur is designed to be maintenance free, for survival in the cold winters.

My Maine coon has shades of dark grey, light grey, some goldish tones, too.  They are truly beautiful cats.  And such lovers, too.  Mine is very chatty.  We have conversations.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  Gorgeous cat.  

It's amazing to me the difference between different kinds of long-hair cats.  My wife has a long-haired cat that sheds like there's no tomorrow, and constantly gets knots and snarls (and HATES being brushed/combed).  Yet my Maine Coons never really needed a lot of brushing or combing, and didn't really shed that much.  

So it can definitely depend on the cat or breed as well, in my experience.  

Oops..didn't see this before I posted.  Yes, it's true, the fur of the Maine Coon is very maintenance free.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#16]

With the price of these freakin' cats, the electric collars are a very good investment
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Bengals are very awesome cats!
They are still kinda "Wild" animals, and it really shows sometimes.
They like water too.  

Above these are
Savannah's
Then
Servals.

And I will own a serval or savannah at some point
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#21]
My crew as of a few minutes ago.  Youngest to oldest.

Keeley

Tiger

Abby(AKA the Duck)

Mama Mama

Sadie

Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They like water too.  

Above these are
Savannah's
Then
Servals.

Where'd you get yours at? I am going to be getting a Bengal when I get home from Iraq, they are the coolest looking cats ever.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#24]
He decided I needed help on that computer build, and was inspecting it before allowing me to proceed.  Lol.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They like water too.  

Above these are
Savannah's
Then
Servals.

Where'd you get yours at? I am going to be getting a Bengal when I get home from Iraq, they are the coolest looking cats ever.

Yankee Bengals in Rhode Island
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's amazing to me the difference between different kinds of long-hair cats.  My wife has a long-haired cat that sheds like there's no tomorrow, and constantly gets knots and snarls (and HATES being brushed/combed).  Yet my Maine Coons never really needed a lot of brushing or combing, and didn't really shed that much.  

So it can definitely depend on the cat or breed as well, in my experience.  

yep. our maine coon has very long, thick hair, but he never really needs brushing (he loves being brushed though, so we oblige).  he does shed, but even then it's less than most dogs i've been around.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They like water too.  

Above these are
Savannah's
Then
Servals.

Yankee Bengals in Rhode Island

They have a website? And ship? (I'll be going back to Michigan).

And if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours? Assuming they are pet quality and not show quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Ill send ya an IM
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He decided I needed help on that computer build, and was inspecting it before allowing me to proceed.  Lol.

i26.tinypic.com/21o0x2s.jpg

Haha... that one is really begging for a caption.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#31]

An oldie.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My crew as of a few minutes ago.  Youngest to oldest.

Keeley
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Bill3508/monkeyscurrent007.jpg

Tiger
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Bill3508/monkeyscurrent004.jpg

Abby(AKA the Duck)
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Bill3508/monkeyscurrent006.jpg

Mama Mama
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Bill3508/monkeyscurrent009.jpg

Sadie
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Bill3508/monkeyscurrent011.jpg

Bill3508

Bill, they're gorgeous!  Sadie's a little chunker, huh?  What beautiful kitties.

Sadie use to be overweight, but she is normal weight now.  When she lays down she has a lot of loose skin that makes her look big.  She is 13.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#33]
My little Maggie, "Mags" for short. I got her from fellow ARFCOMer Millerized.  She was 6 weeks old.

She got bigger.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Ashitaka. (Taka for short)

I have none on-line of the cat I inhearited with my house, have to post him up later.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#36]
+
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

i26.tinypic.com/21o0x2s.jpg

Mine did the same thing on my wolfdale build.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad she came back, and more or less in one piece.  They do the darnedest things.  Yet when something does happen to them, it's just like a member of the family getting hurt or missing.  My fat boy fell off the balcony of the 6th floor apartment I once lived in.  It was two of the longest hours of my life till I found him, cowering underneath some planters.  Rushed him to the vet.  He was fine except a bit shaken and shocked.

height=8
Quoted:
I think I'll hijack this thread just because you guys will appreciate this.

This past Wednesday I was getting in my truck to go to work. I turned the key which resulted in a horrific noise. From under my truck comes my big ol' orange tabby, Sally.

She ran off (more like spun off) into the woods. I lifted the hood and found a HUGE gob of orange hair around all my belts and pulleys. I looked for her for 2 hours and found nothing. I was actually carrying my Ruger MkIII just in case I found her in the condition I thought she would be in. That's my official "euthanasia" weapon.

We (my wife and I) had to come up with a story to tell our 8 year old daughter. The fact that "I" was responsible for the incident didn't need mentioning.
I went through he motions of calling her and feeding her knowing she was gone for good. We were just going to slowly convince our daughter that "something" had happened to her.

Yesterday evening my wife was returning from taking our dog for a walk and she found Sally curled up in a rocking chair on our porch! She had a noticieably shorter and thinner "haircut". She was very poor looking and had a BIG gash on her inner thigh of her back leg.

I had her at the vet first thing this morning and it looks like she's going to be just fine.

I guess she thankfully has 8 more lives left! She sure is a sweet old cat!

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Boomer

Hobbes

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Shadow, the cat from my avatar:

She eats at the table with us
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Tweak giving me the "you're really starting to **** me off with that thing" look.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#47]
This is Annie!

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#48]
"Girly" 14 years old

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Tigger

Moose(Fat Ass)

Monster

Kitten (Couldn't figure out a name)

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Wahahaha, is that really your cat?  How did you get him/her to do that?  That's a great picture.

height=8
Quoted:
i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/PBIR/ck_6.jpg
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top