Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This has always thrown me.  I'd almost need something on my chest.  Anything else bounces around and causes irritation.  I run 6 miles almost every day, and 12 on Sunday.

Page 3 is so mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
When I run, I just put the gun down my shorts.  When youre that well endowed, a few dozen extra ounces down there and nobody even notices.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a Taurus 905 (same as the 85, except it's a 9mm instead of a .38) in a Smart Carry holster. But instead of having the Smart Carry over my nuts, I slide it around to my strong side about 4 O'clock, makes for a decent draw since my jogging pants have an elastic waist. Holds the gun pretty good.

http://www.smartcarry.com/
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't wear enough to conceal anything, much less a weapon.  I'm a sitting duck when I'm on a run, but unless they just want to get someone for the fun of it, it's pretty obvious I'm not carrying anything of value.  Knowing this is still a possibility, I generally run with groups or in populated areas.

Agreed on all points, except for running in groups.
I run alone, unarmed, but in semi-rural and some residential areas.
Only thing I have with me is a cheapp mp3 player and a bunch of sweaty clothes....no cash or jewlery. Its the one time I am completely vulnerable.

Honestly, the only thing that sucks about it is the occcasional unleashed dog.
(been chased a few times - would have liked a gun then)

Im picky about what i wear when I run...and having a perfect balance.
I supposed I could make it work if I had to, but its one time that I just havent attempted carrying.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
AR15 + Port Arms
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are running somewhere where the above mentioned is going on then you dont need to carry you either need to quit running, find a completely new place, or buy a treadmill.

I'll do you one better.  If you feel the need to EVER carry a GUN in PUBLIC, you're probably hanging out with gangbanging terrorist drug dealing child molesters and should be locked up.  

Please move here

You'll find plenty of your kind there....

CPO SWCC US Navy (Retired)

That just might have been a joke.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I run and ride a bike with a nylon Eagle Industries tanker holster and don't worry whether it's concealed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#8]
i carry a NAA 22LR revolver in my armband with my mp3 player and a gerber automatic knife on my hip
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top