Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry an axe handle as a walking stick when my wife and I go for a walk in the evening.

There are a lot of aggressive little dogs in the neighborhood, and shooting a 20 pound dog seems like overkill.

Some of my neighbors probably think I am a nutjob. I am OK with that.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I carry an axe handle as a walking stick when my wife and I go for a walk in the evening.

There are a lot of aggressive little dogs in the neighborhood, and shooting a 20 pound dog seems like overkill.

One of these lines is a sigline.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nothing like a good piece of hickory.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Try a halberd.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of these lines is a sigline.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]

I see that a lot in my AO as well. Some need it, not that hard to tell who is using it for it's intended purpose. Then there's a couple that are carrying it around like they're ready to beat someone with it. 9mm is greater than any damn stick.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Try a halberd.

Roncone, for the win.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thats how my neighborhood is. Most of the dogs I can intimidate by standing my ground and jumping at them. 20lbs and under. Kicked one right in front of the owner and he looked at me opened his mouth and decided better of it. One neighbor has a full size poodle....I go the other way if I see him out of his fence I don't feel like messing with a big smart dog like that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I know I can't outrun a dog.  A dog can't outrun a slow .45.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not understanding any of this.

Have any of you people on this gun board ever heard of a handgun? Or wear shoes when you're walking outside suitable for kicking/stomping something that doesn't quite need to be shot?

We moved out of caves thousands of years ago. I'm not carrying a fucking stick around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have any of you people on this gun board ever heard of a handgun? Or wear shoes when you're walking outside suitable for kicking/stomping something that doesn't quite need to be shot?

We moved out of caves thousands of years ago. I'm not carrying a fucking stick around.

Some of us live in states that hate freedom and love disarmed victims.

I'm fighting the good fight here in IL, and until the day that I finally eject, I'll continue to fight for CCW.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Yesterday I bought a stockman's cane at a ranch supply store, it cost $14.99.  This cane is probably 1 1/8" thick it will be good for practice, now I'm looking for a more slender cane for carry.  

Craigs List often has wooden canes listed under ' walking cane' or somesuch.  

I carry a gun, but using a cane would be better than destroying what's left of my hearing.

Around here almost all males carry some kind of club while walking, most often a golf club.  Women, they can let themselves be victims, but that isn't culturally OK for men.

This past weekend my sister visited and brought me one of our families Irish walking sticks.  It is beautiful knobby blackthorn, probably from a GG grandfather.  Anyway it is too valuable to carry.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#13]
is a kid in the 50s and 60s i couldnt get pepper spray any more than a 45 but after seeing one of my palls get pulled off his huffy and maulled by a real german shepard, my brother and i put a 75%water 25%amonia mix in our water pistols and when we rode on that street the next time we used it on him. he ran like his tail was on fire and howlled like a coon hound. after two times of that we and we only could and would ride past that big, old, and vicious shepard and just point at him like we were pulling a trigger and he suddenly had somewhere else to be in a hurry. just so you know, anything stronger than 25 75 mix can cause perminant eye dammage to most dogs, and it will ruin nost water pistols if left in them for more that a day or so. happy hunting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck carrying a handgun where I live if you're not a cop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
is a kid in the 50s and 60s i couldnt get pepper spray any more than a 45 but after seeing one of my palls get pulled off his huffy and maulled by a real german shepard, my brother and i put a 75%water 25%amonia mix in our water pistols and when we rode on that street the next time we used it on him. he ran like his tail was on fire and howlled like a coon hound. after two times of that we and we only could and would ride past that big, old, and vicious shepard and just point at him like we were pulling a trigger and he suddenly had somewhere else to be in a hurry. just so you know, anything stronger than 25 75 mix can cause perminant eye dammage to most dogs, and it will ruin nost water pistols if left in them for more that a day or so. happy hunting.

I knew someone who used 60 molar ammonium hydroxide, from a spray bottle, set to stream, on an asshole dog.  The dog would go after him when he was riding his bike.  He'd squirt the dog in it's open mouth and in it's eyes when it tried to bite his offered foot.  The dog would pull up it's front paws to rub it's eyes at around 15 mph, justice ensued.  This behavior modification therapy had to be applied every two weeks or so.  Lessons:  a dogs memory is good for around two weeks.  The dogs owner let the dog attack bicyclists while he watched and did nothing, but this changed after seeing a couple conflict resolution sessions applied to his dog.  After the last attack n spray, both the dog and the owner ran when the screaming, enraged bicyclist headed their way with the spray bottle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not understanding any of this. I'll try to use smaller words.

Have any of you people on this gun board ever heard of a handgun? Obviously I have, since I have weighed the pros and cons of shooting a small bitey dog. Nobody calls the cops because they heard a stick being used outside. My pistol is for more serious threats.

Or wear shoes when you're walking outside suitable for kicking/stomping something that doesn't quite need to be shot? I'd rather give a jab with a walking stick than go straight to the waffle-stomping, but that's just me. If I want to give out the Doctor Marten Dental Plan then I have a bit of standoff to deliver a nice kick.

We moved out of caves thousands of years ago. I'm not carrying a fucking stick around. We moved out of caves by learning to use tools instead of simply smashing things with our appendages. I have found the right tool, for me, for this particular job.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top