Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Luckily, there is no cancer in my family, or at least not yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I lost Mom in 1997 to breast cancer.

First inkling we had was when her side started hurting; it was already in her liver.

Chemo only pissed it off. She went from perfectly healthy to dead in less than 3 months.

She had had a clean mamogram less than three months before her pain started.

I miss her.............. DEARLY.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I lost my husband to cancer 11 years ago this month.  He lived 4 months after being diagnosed.

I've also had several uncles that died from various types of cancers.

I have an aunt who has been fighting cancer for the past 5 years.  She has had several surgeries and undergone chemo and radiation many times.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My Mother died in my arms on September 7, 1992, after a five-year struggle with cancer.

When the end came, she was very glad to go.

She asked me on the very last morning of her life, 'Am I going to die today?'

And I replied, 'Tonight, Mom, you will be with Jesus.'

At 8:30 that evening, she was.

My uncle also died of cancer. A very fine man who was 'Regular' Navy before WWII. He signed up at 16, and was in San Diego on December 7, 1941. Spent the entire war as a SeaBee in the South Pacific.

And his death was just as sweet as my Mother's. He died at home with my Aunt holding his hand.

Whew! It's hard to type when 'your eyes are raining', as my little Granddaughter always calls it.

Eric The(IShallSeeThemBothSomeBrightAndShiningDayWithoutEnd)Hun

I'm not a what you would consider a sensitive guy at all, but after reading the first 5 lines of this i got goosebumps. I am sorry for your loss, and for everyone else's too. I know how it feels.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Grand Mother was the finest lady I will ever know.

MT
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Lumpy196
PhatForrest
chrome1
yugosksfan
DrFrige
dpmmn
John91498
Gigglesmith
twonami
joker581
EricTheHun
photokirk
TimJ
TomJefferson
gamesniper
einnor1040
M10KEN
RAVYN
goodmedicine
Yojimbo
Alien
TNFrank
Johninaustin
cat_aclysm
ovrtym Coolio
SF_Chris
OBK48 B
RSF45
2_of_5
Zaphod
Ogre_4070
MT_Pockets
OFFSHORE
Sorry for your losses
The list just doesn't seem to stop. I am so sorry for your losses
If I missed anyone I am sorry, it is not on purpose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Mom died 9 years ago from breast cancer. I was 20 and very pissed off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a book on Natural Medicine and it seems to place alot of the blame on so much cancer on toxins in our enviroment. I tend to agree. Our water, air and food all have stuff in them that wasn't there 100 years ago. Toxins effect the cells of the body making them mutate into cancer cells. If a person were to drink purified water and eat a more healthy diet I'd be willing to bet cancer would decrease in our society.  FOX News even had a segment on how being over weight contributes to cancer. If my birth mom wouldn't have had cancer I'd have been able to grow up with my brothers and sisters instead of being adopted out and being raised an only child. I wish my adopted parents would have at least let me know about my birth father, brothers and sisters when I was in my teens, that way I could have spent more time with them.  My brother that was a year older then me got adopted out as well, I still need to get in touch with him and my brother Guy, who was two years older was killed in a car accident in '83 so I never got to meet him, my younger brother Mike says I'm alot like him. Who knows, if I'd have known him back then we might have done something different that night and he might still be alive today. The way it is I've only known my birth family for almost 2 years(it'll be 2 years Thanksgiving day) and my brothers and sisters have already bonded like I'd grown up with them all along. I really love my birth family, we've got alot of time to make up for.  I'm just glad that I've at least found them.  In a round about way cancer has messed up my life big time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top