BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Devices that vibrate and start flashing really bright lights.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you truly want an alarm clock that is so fucking loud it will literally have motel guests kicking your adjacent walls then go to a truck stop or even Amazon and buy yourself a Screaming Meanie alarm.

No one alive will sleep through that alarm.

I should know.

I will sleep through that alarm.  
I should know.
I am deaf.

What kind of alarm does a deaf person use?

Never thought about it before but now Im curious.

Devices that vibrate and start flashing really bright lights.

http://www.sonicalert.com/Combination-Alarm-Clock-p/sb1000.htm

That is the one you seek then. My wife has one and is deaf. It rings and flashes light for her and worked great with a kid monitor that they sell when our son was small. Did I mention it was loud, the son of a bitch will make you come out of your skin with 113dB.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
haven't used an alrm for over 10 years

Decide what time I need to get up in the morning 2am - 6:30am, neer over slept once.

Never could sleep past 7:30 no matter what
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
While not an answer to your question . If you ever need to wake up 15 minutes before sunrise , no matter what time sunrise is.

Get a cat.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get yourself a Big Ben alarm clock.

If you can put up with the loud ticking then the alarm will damn sure wake you up.

You gotta remember to wind it up though.
View Quote

Had one bout 15 - 20 years ago. Very effective if you can refrain from throwing it across the bedroom. They can dish it out but their plastic shell damn sure can't take it.

Ive since switched strategies. Nowadays I use an alarm app on my ipotato that runs through a playlist of soft music from 0% to 100% volume over the course of 30 minutes. Being wrenched from sleep like a brony from his closet is for suckers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you truly want an alarm clock that is so fucking loud it will literally have motel guests kicking your adjacent walls then go to a truck stop or even Amazon and buy yourself a Screaming Meanie alarm.
I should know.
View Quote

Came to post this. Those fuckers are so loud the after a while I was ALWAYS up 3 to 5 minutes early so I didn't have to listen to the damn thing
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I should know.
View Quote
This.

Truck stops also usually carry normal looking alarm clocks that are louder than normal, but nothing tops the Screamin' Meanie.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Multiple alarms.  Never trust a phone alarm.  13'rs sheesh
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top