Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Will we end up living like the Israelis? I don't know; but I do know that Israel has managed to cut down bombings in populated areas to nearly none by doing just one thing.  They built that fence that has all the people in Europe so outraged. In other words, THEY'VE SEALED THE BORDER!

The murderers in Gaza are pretty much reduced to slinging some home made rockets over the line these days, or taking shots at the heardheaded Jews who won't leave Gaza.

To hell with random searches on subways.  When we take action to keep the murderers out of the country, like the Israelis do, we'll all be a lot safer.

No, we can't build a wall around the whole country. But can damn well make getting into this country a hell of a lot harder than it is now. We don't need Arab tourism, and we damn sure don't need illegals coming in from Mexico and Canada.

Cameras all over the place? Shoot, all that's done in the UK is enable the cops to figure out who did the bombing, after it was over. Somehow, I don't think the dead people's families feel comforted that the police now know who did it. To me, a dollar spent on that (non)solution is a dollar wasted.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It is up to the people of our society - the government cannot do it alone.  Everyone single person has to take an active role in erradicating terrorism.  I like to compare it the immune system of the human body - the innocent people in a society are the white blood cells and the terrorists are the bacteria.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
We will not be able to stop it it will happen again and again!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can we win the "war aganist the Crown", or will we forever remain a colony on the British Empire?

Can we win the "War between the States", or will we become a fractured nation?

Can we win the "war aganist Nazism" or will we become like England, being bombed all the time?

Can we win the "Cold War", or will the entire world be forced to bear the yoke of tyranny?  

Gain some perspective & grow a sack America!

However are you not fighting a known enemy during all of these fights?

And Nazism is still around simply not in power.

Also terrorism will always be as long as people hate. Just always has been.

Oh really??? I'm just a know nothing thirty something gun nut sitting in front of his computer, but give me about a half hour & Google and I could put together a fairly comprehensive target list for you. Off the top of my head, let's start with the seats of government, armed forces & WMD labs of Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.

Depending on how effective those strikes are in crippling these nations, we may have to move onto their infrastructures (power plants, water purification facilities, sea ports, heavy industry, etc.), and then if they still fail to "see the light" we move onto their population centers & religious cities.

See... total war is a filthy dirty business, but if you are going to play it, you play to win.          
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can we win the "war aganist the Crown", or will we forever remain a colony on the British Empire?

Can we win the "War between the States", or will we become a fractured nation?

Can we win the "war aganist Nazism" or will we become like England, being bombed all the time?

Can we win the "Cold War", or will the entire world be forced to bear the yoke of tyranny?  

Gain some perspective & grow a sack America! hr

However are you not fighting a known enemy during all of these fights?

And Nazism is still around simply not in power.

Also terrorism will always be as long as people hate. Just always has been.

Oh really??? I'm just a know nothing thirty something gun nut sitting in front of his computer, but give me about a half hour & Google and I could put together a fairly comprehensive target list. Off the top of my head, let's start with the seats of government, armed forces & WMD labs of Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.

Depending on how effective those strikes are in crippling these nations, we may have to move onto their infrastructures (power plants, water purification facilities, sea ports, heavy industry, etc.), and then if they still fail to "see the light" we move onto their population centers & religious cities.

See... total war is a filthy dirty business, but if you are going to play it, you play to win.          

Sounds good to me. Let's do it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the terrorists start targeting American cities will we be able to stop them
or will it become a way of life for us like it is in Israel, and how will we change?

Thay want us to be like Israel. Living under the gun and terror.

Its working and much of it gets cheered on.

Hmm, last time I looked, there were no terror bombings in every city in the US and unlike Isreal, liberals in this nation hate people owning guns to protect themselves.

We are not quite there yet. If the gov. quits being so PC and quits bowing down to the Euros/UN we will exterminate these non humans. Ideology or not, they are all evil and WILL be wiped from this earth.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If the gov. quits being so PC and quits bowing down to the Euros/UN we will exterminate these non humans.

Since that won't happen, what changes would be most likely here in the USA
people creating walled communities where everyone is searched before entering(like Israel)
buildings\garages having everyone searched before entering(remember, no profiling)
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr Tancredo seems to recognize that PC will be our downfall
(and the muslims do not seem to be similarly handicapped)

guest commentary
Bigger sins than offending
By Rep. Tom Tancredo
R-Colo.  
07/24/2005
denverpost.com/opinion/ci_2880546
By now, many people in America - and likely around the world - are familiar with my statements regarding a possible response to a nuclear attack on U.S. cities by fundamentalist Islamic terrorists.

Without question, my comments have prompted strong reactions from many quarters, but they have also served to start a national dialogue about what options we have to deter al-Qaeda and other would-be Islamic terrorists.

Many critics of my statements have characterized them as "offensive," and indeed they may have offended some. But in this battle against fundamentalist Islam, I am hardly preoccupied with political correctness, or who may or may not be offended. Indeed, al-Qaeda cares little if the Western world is "offended" by televised images of hostages beheaded in Iraq, subway bombings in London, train attacks in Madrid, or Americans jumping to their death from the Twin Towers as they collapsed.

Few can argue that our current approach to this war has deterred fundamentalists from killing Westerners - nor has it prompted "moderate" Muslims and leaders of Muslim countries to do what is necessary to crack down on the extremists in their midst who perpetuate these grisly crimes.

That being the case, perhaps the civilized world must intensify its approach.

Does that mean the United States should be re-targeting its entire missile arsenal on Mecca today? Does it mean we ought to be sending Stealth bombers on runs over Medina? Clearly not.

But should we take any option or target off the table, regardless of the circumstances? Absolutely not, particularly if the mere discussion of an option or target may dissuade a fundamentalist Muslim extremist from strapping on a bomb-filled backpack, or if it might encourage "moderate" Muslims to do a better job cracking down on extremism in their ranks.

People have accused me of creating more terrorism by making these statements. Indeed, we often hear that Western governments bring these attacks on themselves. Just days after the London subway attacks two weeks ago, for example, Tariq Ali, a prominent British Muslim activist, was quick to suggest

that London residents "paid the price" for British support in the Iraq campaign.
A professor in Lebanon, Dr. George Hajjar, went even further, proclaiming, "I hope that every patriotic and Islamic Arab will participate in this war, and will shift the war not only to America, but to ... wherever America may be." Hajjar went on to say that "there are no innocent people," and referred to the victims of the attack as "collateral casualties."

These are fairly "offensive" statements, to be sure, but the sentiments expressed by Ali and Hajjar are sadly commonplace in the "mainstream" Muslim world, where justification for terrorist attacks like the ones that rocked London, New York and Washington is never in short supply.

Fundamentalist Muslims have advocated the destruction of the West since long before the attacks of Sept. 11, long before the Madrid, London and Bali attacks, long before the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, long before the attack on the USS Cole and the 1993 WTC bombing.

In many respects, the decision of "moderate" Muslims to acquiesce to these actions and even provide tacit justification for them is just as damaging to global safety and security as the attacks themselves.

Until "mainstream" Islam can bring itself to stop rationalizing terrorist attacks and start repudiating and purging people like Ali and Hajjar from its ranks who do, this war will continue. As long as this war goes on, being "offended" should be the least of anyone's worries.

Republican Tom Tancredo represents Colorado's 6th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I like Tancredo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I for one refuse to concede that a perpetual state of Islamic terror is inevitable.

God... have we become so soft as a people that many of us are willing to accept a "tolerable" level of terrorist violence because we can't stomach the thought of what is required to truly eradicate the threat?

The WOT is a winnable war. We have the tools. We know the targets. What we don't have (yet?) are the balls to call this struggle what it really is & act accordingly.

+1

Action Plan for victory:

1.  Make the borders airtight and shoot anyone caught trying to cross illegally.  
2.  Once step 1 has been completed, sweep out the illegals.  If you are not a citizen you leave, and only allow them to return after a much more exhastive check than today.    Yes, this will inconvience a lot of good people, but it is necessary.
3.  Any mosque caught teaching anti-American fundamentalism will be shutdown under the Seditions Act.  
4.  Openly and with extreme prejudice go after any terrorist, organization, government that is caught supporting terrorist.  I don't necessrily mean invade, but crippling strikes can be done with minimal risk and cost.  
5.  Put strict constructionist on the Supreme Court.

I think that would be a good start.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Study the history of White/Indian conflict in North America.

The WHOLE history from 1607-1890.

This current episode between us and the Islamic world is a replay on a larger scale.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
If we have ANOTHER attack on our soil will the pricks in washington finally start protecting the border?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If we have ANOTHER attack on our soil will the pricks in washington finally start protecting the border?

Nope. Cheap labor and not offending Mexico are higher priorities for those currently in office.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Cheap labor and not offending Mexico are higher priorities for those currently in office.

Will the Citizens give them the choice? It seems like after
the first subway\bus\restaurant\school bomb goes off, the
Citizens here will probably get a lot more serious about security
and maybe even decide that this Country should be protected
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#15]
It seems like London got a new attitude after their bombings(the muslims didn't though)

British stand by 'shoot to kill'
By Paul Martin
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
July 25, 2005
www.washingtontimes.com/world/20050724-115129-2248r.htm
LONDON -- Police and the government said yesterday they will not back away from a tough new "shoot-to-kill" policy when pursuing suspected terrorists or suicide bombers, despite the death on Friday of an innocent Brazilian who was shot after fleeing police.
   Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said more shootings could be expected.
   "This is a terrifying set of circumstances for anyone to take such a decision," Commissioner Blair said. He urged understanding of the threats Londoners face "on the streets and below the streets" -- a reference to eight bombs in the transit system in the previous 17 days.
   Authorities also announced that police had arrested a man Saturday night "on suspicion of the commission, investigation or preparation of acts of terrorism." Details of his connection to the bombings were not released.
   However, the arrest was made in a neighborhood in south London where two other men were arrested earlier. Those two still were being interrogated.
   Leading Cabinet minister Peter Hain said earlier that police have the government's "full support" and that police officers would keep the authority to use lethal force "when there is danger to their own lives or to lives of the public."
   "We are standing absolutely steely firm," he said. "I think the terrorists understand very clearly that we have a government that will not flinch and will hunt them down and root them out."
   He also said that powers to be given to the security services before the end of the year will make it a crime to get training in terrorist activities abroad, even if it cannot be proved that the trainee was planning terrorist acts in Britain.
   Fifty-two persons died along with four suicide bombers in a first set of bombing attacks on July 7. Four more men were on the run after trying to detonate bombs on three trains and a bus Thursday.
   Further details emerged yesterday about evidence linking the two sets of bombers, connecting members of both groups to a white-water rafting expedition in Wales a week before the first attacks.
   Two of the four members of the first group, who have been named, were identifiable in souvenir photographs from the rafting trip, which appeared in British newspapers Thursday.
   Police sources said evidence obtained from backpacks left in trains and a bus by the second set of bombers had provided a link to the same outfitting company in northern Wales.
One source said brochures from the company had been found in a backpack. A conflicting account said materials in the packs led to addresses in London whose residents, as identified by tax rolls, had used the rafting company.
   Police sources yesterday said Jean Charles de Menezes, the 27-year-old Brazilian electrician who was killed Friday, had been wearing a large padded jacket on a warm day and, when challenged, jumped a barrier and raced onto a subway train.
   After he stumbled and fell, a police officer shot him at least four times in the head acting on rules formulated after September 11, 2001. The rule is based on the fear that even a wounded suicide bomber could detonate his charge and cause massive casualties.
   Commissioner Blair also noted that the man had been observed leaving an address that was under surveillance in connection with the bomb attacks.
   "The not-very-large block of apartments from which he came out was subsequently raided by armed officers," he said. "It's important to stress that it was not just a random event, and officers are still having to make these calls as we speak."
   The killing has aroused fierce passions among the country's 1.7-million-strong Muslim community, threatening to complicate authorities' efforts to gain information about extremists within that community.
   Muslim leaders in Britain have condemned the bombings and pledged to cooperate with police investigations. But they say they will protest any perceived targeting of the Muslim community.
   The Brazilian foreign minister was in London over the weekend. He said his country was "shocked and perplexed" by the shooting, but remained in solidarity with Britain in the "fight against terror."

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]

The killing has aroused fierce passions among the country's 1.7-million-strong Muslim community, threatening to complicate authorities' efforts to gain information about extremists within that community.
Muslim leaders in Britain have condemned the bombings and pledged to cooperate with police investigations. But they say they will protest any perceived targeting of the Muslim community

Translation: as long as you never profile ANY muslims we will help you fight terrorism
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
LONDON -- Police and the government said yesterday they will not back away from a tough new "shoot-to-kill" policy when pursuing suspected terrorists or suicide bombers, despite the death on Friday of an innocent Brazilian who was shot after fleeing police.  

Despite what some would like to believe on this forum, when it's time to go the British CAN play hardball and play for keeps…

ANdy
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Despite what some would like to believe on this forum, when it's time to go the British CAN play hardball and play for keeps…

ANdy

...and I, for one, thank you too.  Y'all know how to enact emergency wartime measures over there Andy, and I think it's time for us to do the same.  Others over here disagree but that's OK too (for a while).  Time will tell.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Despite what some would like to believe on this forum, when it's time to go the British CAN play hardball and play for keeps

ANdy

Sadly, our PC country cannot and will not...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
   Muslim leaders in Britain have condemned the bombings and pledged to cooperate with police investigations. But they say they will protest any perceived targeting of the Muslim community.
   The Brazilian foreign minister was in London over the weekend. He said his country was "shocked and perplexed" by the shooting, but remained in solidarity with Britain in the "fight against terror."  

Can anyone come up with any rational reason why the muslims would complicate investigations?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Trust me, I know this.

Just kinda cracks me up as to how formal the British politicos are.

In my mind, it's "Well no fucking shit we're gonna shoot to kill.  Whaddya think, we're gonna shoot to wound?!?!"

The British just have to say it...

Speaking of playing hardball...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#22]
We will live with terrorism untill Islam goes thru a reformation that removes the violence from itself.

Or Islam is destroyed.

One or the other. Let them choose.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We will live with terrorism untill Islam goes thru a reformation that removes the violence from itself.

Or Islam is destroyed.

That's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or Islam is destroyed.

Ding-ding-ding .
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or Islam is destroyed.

Ding-ding-ding .

Thats what I am thinking too, it seems pretty obvious which path they will choose..........

The killing has aroused fierce passions among the country's 1.7-million-strong
Muslim community, threatening to complicate authorities' efforts
to gain information about extremists within that community
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]
When the CIA starts grooming HUMINT assets in far away lands again, then and only the will we know that the Federal Government is serious about fighting terrorists. No KY satelite can read a mans mind from geosyncrous orbit. Only having a man on the inside can prevent a small cell of determined men from commiting a bombing attack.

Unfortunately, the CIA is now over run with the PC crowd, and isn't interested in the spy game any longer.
Why else have they missed every major even in the last 20 years? No idea the Berlin wall was coming down, no idea that Iraq was going to invade Kuwait, missed every major terrorist attack.
The evidence speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Birng it on, I hate Starbucks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Despite what some would like to believe on this forum, when it's time to go the British CAN play hardball and play for keeps

ANdy

Sadly, our PC country cannot and will not...

London has decided to stop wasting time searching old white women
Nothing new on America's policies to keep searching old white women
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they want to make it our way of life, it will be.

+1. You can't win a war against a religious ideology. You are not fighting a standing army, nor a foe that is tangible and easily identifiable. As long as their abomination of a religion and their clerics continues to preach that the murder of innocents is acceptable in order to achieve peace, they will continue to succeed in recruiting for their fanatical cause......Sadly, that's just the way it is..

I say this in an academic sence: destroy the idea that drives them, or destroy them.

Carthage gave Rome shit.  Rome wiped them off the map and made what was left over their bitch.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#30]

we'll never be like israel.

they let their people carry M4's!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top