Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Let he who is without sin pull the railroad tie out of his own eye before he puts on a dramatic display about the sawdust in his neighbor's eye...or something.

This was the work of ten minutes:

[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=116616[/url]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds 'Jewish' does he?

Hmmmm.

Eric The(GentleGentile)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

SOUNDS like a Sharon sphincter-dweller. [}:D]

Does he live near you???? [}:D]
View Quote

[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=113394[/url]
Quoted:
But Eric would be loathe to quote a Palestinian in ANY event, apparently even when the Palestinians agree with him.

THAT my friends is blind hatred.
View Quote

[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110256 [/url]
(quotes taken only from the first of seven pages)
Quoted:
Hypocrisy. Plain and simple. Or at the very least IMMENSE bias. A bias SO obvious, it discredits those who hold it.
View Quote

WHERE'S ETH IN ALL THIS???? WHATSMATTA, ERIC, CHECKING WITH SHARONE HOW TO HANDLE THIS ONE?????

Never mind. I know you'll give some flippant, irrelevant response anyway.

Oh, how inconvenient the facts can be.....
View Quote

[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111478[/url]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -
The Israelis were killing unarmed POWs in the desert.
View Quote

Nonsense! They collected over 10,000 Egyptians POWs before they lost count.

View Quote

HA-hahahahahaha!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Really - I just fell out of my chair, Eric!!!

I guess "lost count" is the Israeli euphemism for "killed off the rest." [}:D]

I think (no, actually I KNOW )Hitler "lost count" as well.
View Quote

Who is accusing who of similarities to Hitler?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let he who is without sin pull the railroad tie out of his own eye before he puts on a dramatic display about the sawdust in his neighbor's eye...or something.

This was the work of ten minutes:

[snip snip]

View Quote

[owned]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess "lost count" is the Israeli euphemism for "killed off the rest." [}:D]

I think (no, actually I KNOW )Hitler "lost count" as well.
View Quote

View Quote

I think its pretty clear that I'm comparing the ISRAELIS with Hitler, whereas Eric is comparing ME with Hitler.

You are intelligent enuf to understand the diferrence, no???? Well lemme explain it for you. THERE IS NO BOARD POLICY AGAINST LAUNCHING ATTACKS AGAINST THE ACTIONS OF NATIONS. [rolleyes]

Remember the Israelies with the moving truck taht had traces of explosives out on teh West Coast? Did I associate Eric with that? [size=6]NO [/size=6] But he has REPEATEDLY associated mw with bin Laden, Arafat, and other terrorist types.

The rest of what you posted  - do you REALLY equate any of that with eric saying "You are hoping for another Sept 11 attack" to me???

I attack ideas and ideology. Eric attacks peoples charachter.

Slowly, people are coming to this thread and backing me up.

Even RikWriter, with whom I agree on NOTHING (amazing but true) implicitly states he has seen Eric use the phrases I claimed.

And maybe Rik has the proper solution - for me to return the same in kind.(Personally, I don't want to see this board turn into THAT kind forum.)

But if I did, it would be entertaining to see Eric whine like a bottle rocket on the Fourth of July.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a few observations from a newer member:

I've seen both members mentioned get pretty vocal, the level of which increases as passion for there position increases. I myself have been attacked after respectfully posting an unpopular position. I've also noticed that the favorite tactic when logic and reason fails is to use comparisons with the following words:

-Hitler
-Nazis
-Stalin
-Klinton (always with a K)
-Reno
-Liberals

GMan, you yourself did something similar to me when I posted on abortion and you disagreed with me. I'm not trying to pick a fight, nor am a questioning your character or depth of feeling. But I guess I don't see that you and Eric are that much different. Time to just walk away from what looks like a waste of time.

-regards,

legrue
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think its pretty clear that I'm comparing the ISRAELIS with Hitler, whereas Eric is comparing ME with Hitler.
View Quote

Very well. Your moral equivalence when it comes to the Nazis and the Israelis is a matter of record. Are you asking me to continue to search?

You are intelligent enuf to understand the diferrence, no???? Well lemme explain it for you. THERE IS NO BOARD POLICY AGAINST LAUNCHING ATTACKS AGAINST THE ACTIONS OF NATIONS. [rolleyes]
View Quote

As I said, that's what I found in [b]ten minutes[/b].

Remember the Israelies with the moving truck taht had traces of explosives out on teh West Coast? Did I associate Eric with that? [size=6]NO [/size=6] But he has REPEATEDLY associated mw with bin Laden, Arafat, and other terrorist types.
View Quote

You are associated with those you defend. Your defense of Arafat, the man who gave the orders to kill the US Ambassador to the Sudan and the originator of the PLO, Fatah, Black September, the Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade, et al. is a matter of record.

No link between the gents in the rental truck and the government of Israel has yet been established.

The rest of what you posted  - do you REALLY equate any of that with eric saying "You are hoping for another Sept 11 attack" to me???
View Quote

Please post the URL and quote. I had the decency to do that for you. I back up what I post, rather than simply drawing thin and specious analogies.

I attack ideas and ideology. Eric attacks peoples charachter.
View Quote

Aside from the "Hitler" reference above with which you took issue, you don't dispute the other three quotes in which you quite clearly attacked Eric and his character. You just ignored those quotes as though they don't exist, as you do from time to time with inconvenient facts.

You and I are in agreement on many more issues than we disagree on, but I've got to call you on this just as I take it to Eric on Pollard and the USS Liberty, and on any other issue on which we disagree strongly.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Jarhead-

I actually have a solution to all this in the works, which Ed Avila is helping me out with.

He's a good guy.

So are you.

So is Eric I suppose, in his own way, and I've just failed to see it.

Peace,

g-man

OUT.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Garandman, I'm glad to hear that you are working something out.

I've felt for some time that you and Eric were going at it too strong for two gentlemen, not to mention Christian brothers, such as yourselves.  But it didn't seem like it bothered either one of you, so I thought what the hey, and kept my mouth shut about it and stayed out of the way.  I'm sorry it went as far as it did and didn't mean to imply otherwise by my previous comments.

I would encourage both you and Eric to take a look at Colossians 3:12-17.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
garandman,

You have been quite vocal about your "problems".  How about coming up with some solutions that you would deem acceptable.  From what it sounds like here you would only be happy if ETH steps down as a mod or is silenced in some way.  

I, for one, would never want to be in your shoes after this.  You realize that now your conduct will be held to a strict standard because you could not let this go.

My advice would be to just take a break.  You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#10]
G-man,

I had the same thing happen to me, however it was a different mod (similar attacks though).
I'm kinda surprised that Eric does this. I have not read many of your threads, but Eric has responded to some of mine with some funny shit. I hope you get this resolved, good luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
1) It is obvious ETH sides with the Israelies.

2) It is obvious GM does not side with the Israelies.

(Order of 1&2 was ETH /GM alphabetically)

3) As long as you two talk Israel/Palestine issues you WILL continue to bump heads.

4) Unless you BOTH cease and desist I/P discussions, these issues will continue to arise.

(Order of 3&4 was I/P  alphabetically)

[b]Above was attempt at a totally neutral evaluation of the situation.
Below is a PERSONAL OPINION-[/b]

GM,

a) you are pissin up a rope....

b) shootin pool with a wet rope...

c) fighting a losing battle...

[b]d)ALL OF THE ABOVE[/b]

You cant win this no way no how, best I see you gettin is a draw, wherein [b]BOTH[/b] of you leave your I/P politics at home, and stop bringing the [b]entire board down[/b].

Whether or not you two realize it, you are [b]BOTH[/b] forcing people to take sides. I vs. P & ETH vs GMANN. [b]That shit aint right.[/b] A house divided against itself cannot stand. And I think the rest of us cannot stand much more of it.

Wanna fight, join the Marines.....

JMHO
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top