BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just another reason for more manditory witholding from paychecks. Glad I'm self employed and exempt from that bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just another reason for more manditory witholding from paychecks. Glad I'm self employed and exempt from that bullshit.

That is how I read it.  Bump up forced withholdings from the working stiffs, let them accrue to a nice point and whamo, haircuts or taxes to give the never workers a free retirement program off the backs of the industrious.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm an electrician.

I have no education beyond high school and got a job as an apprentice and learned the trade by doing it. Tradespeople who can make things work are highly sought after in this society. My clients happily throw money at me because I can fix their problems, implement their designs, and help make their lives better.

Actually ALL of the building trades work great as small businesses. I highly recommend working to learn a trade while you are making money, as an outside-the-box alternative to the liberal lunacy of becoming a college student loan debt slave.

I own land and a home, have zero debt, and never need to worry about money for the rest of my life.

If you want freedom... lay claim to it in your own life by working to earn it.
View Quote
I was close to going into that when I got out of the Navy years ago. I was an Electronics Tech so had some electrical background. It came down to drive time being a lot longer than an IT job. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

For most large businesses debt is a GOOD thing. If your books show a profit you have to pay taxes on it. Plus the plan is to make more on your product or service than what you are paying in interest on your loans and dumping that profit back into the company physically or by buying back company shares to increase self ownership.

Loans have been CHEAP for a long time so not using that leverage to grow your company is foolish . That is why raising interest rates puts a hurting on startups, buyouts, expansions ,etc. and the stock market reacts accordingly. Hours are cut, some jobs are lost, and houses and cars sit unsold as consumers start tightening the purse strings on loan items.

In theory inflation drops along with demand but with trillions in freshly printed cash floating around still looking for a place to settle we are more likely to see long term stagflation which is the worse of both worlds.
View Quote

The dark side of this is a lot of companies are struggling along as zombies living in debt and their bubble is about to be popped.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was close to going into that when I got out of the Navy years ago. I was an Electronics Tech so had some electrical background. It came down to drive time being a lot longer than an IT job. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you.
View Quote

Working all over Los Angeles, I used to do a LOT of driving. Now that I'm older (73) I work locally in my rural community so I don't need to sit in city traffic any more.

While each person's path to freedom is different, the way to find it is the same, by doing what's morally right.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top