User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Anyway,  I think the Storm Troopers are regular guys,  cause in one of the star wars books it said Han Solo was a ST at one point.  I think oroginally they were clones but after clone wars they quit doing that.

I thought Solo was a pilot, not a ST.......

I think Han Solo might have been in the Imperial Academy at some point (not sure), but I don't think he ever became a ST or Imperial officer.  The Academy is located on his home planet, Corellia.

I thought it was Carrida or some such.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nope, not clones.  If any of you played Dark Forces, or Jedi Knight on PC, Kyle Katarn was a Storm Trooper for a while.

In the Star Wars Marvel comics, Boba Fett was a stormtrooper also before killing his commanding officer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Whatever he was, he saved chewbaccas butt and that's how they came to hang out.

At the Academy at Carida he was in pilot training and he saved a wookie slave (Chewy) and was booted out of the academy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope, not clones.  If any of you played Dark Forces, or Jedi Knight on PC, Kyle Katarn was a Storm Trooper for a while.

In the Star Wars Marvel comics, Boba Fett was a stormtrooper also before killing his commanding officer.

If we're going by the books Davin Felth was the ST who said "Look sir, droids." He enlisted.
According to Star Wars: The essential guide to characters.

Davin Felth joined the ranks of the Empire as an eighteen year old; like many others, he had the desire to serve his government, gain usable skills, and work toward a command position. Although he had looked forward to the experience of the Imperial Acadamy, within thirty seconds of arriving on the military training planet of Caridia, his enthusiasm disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the Academy at Carida he was in pilot training and he saved a wookie slave (Chewy) and was booted out of the academy.

Graduated, with honors and accepted a commision in the Imperial Starfleet. Interfered with a slaver who was beating Chewy, was court martialed, stripped of his commisision and rank and ejected from the Navy.
Same reference as above.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Anyway,  I think the Storm Troopers are regular guys,  cause in one of the star wars books it said Han Solo was a ST at one point.  I think oroginally they were clones but after clone wars they quit doing that.

I think Han Solo might have been in the Imperial Academy at some point (not sure), but I don't think he ever became a ST or Imperial officer.  The Academy is located on his home planet, Corellia.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/hansolo/?id=eu

On the right side it lists Solo's home planet as Corellia.

eta:  The Millenium Falcon is a Corellian ship, also.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/millenniumfalcon/
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Graduated, with honors and accepted a commision in the Imperial Starfleet. Interfered with a slaver who was beating Chewy, was court martialed, stripped of his commisision and rank and ejected from the Navy.
Same reference as above.

Affirmative.  There's a blurb about that in the starwars.com database, as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.starwars.com/databank/character/hansolo/?id=eu

www.starwars.com/databank/starship/millenniumfalcon/

Yes, I know. I was reffering to the Imperial Acadamies location, not Han's birth world.
Shoulda been clearerer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seems like Lucas causes more trouble for himself trying to tie everything together.

Funny thing about storm troopers being clones is they all don't sound the same and if you look, easiest in ROTJ, they are not all the same heighth height

That's because some of them are female.

upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/Trooper.jpg

Famale? Maybe......Or fanboys taking estrogen to "fit" into a female storm trooper suit they won on EBay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.starwars.com/databank/character/hansolo/?id=eu

www.starwars.com/databank/starship/millenniumfalcon/

Yes, I know. I was reffering to the Imperial Acadamies location, not Han's birth world.
Shoulda been clearerer.

Roger, I just looked that up because I thought you may have meant that.  From starwars.com:

"The shipyards of Corellia were controlled by the Imperial starfleet, and many Corellians were drafted into Imperial service."

I confused the shipyards with the Imperial Academy.  My apologies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...got into a discussion with the wife about the stormtroopers...

Chatting about the origin of Storm Troopers???????

Et tu, Nerde?

TIME TO POOP ON CLOSET NERD KINGFISH!!!! CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...got into a discussion with the wife about the stormtroopers...

Chatting about the origin of Storm Troopers???????

Et tu, Nerde?

TIME TO POOP ON CLOSET NERD KINGFISH!!!! CLICK HERE

I forgot, stormies are actually Colonel Sanders.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
how'd I miss this thread for 2 days ?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
You know how you make a copy of a copy and the quality gets worse? I bet they cloned one of the clones, and that is why they are so crappy in EP4-6.
tony
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seems like Lucas causes more trouble for himself trying to tie everything together.

Funny thing about storm troopers being clones is they all don't sound the same and if you look, easiest in ROTJ, they are not all the same heighth height

That's because some of them are female.

upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/Trooper.jpg

You can clone a few of her for me anytime!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top