BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I do know that there were LEO weapons built just after the ban without the LEO markings. But if it was built after the ban with the evil features, its LEO.
View Quote

I'm going to say ditto to this.  Call Colt and find what the date of manufacture is.  If it's after the cut-off, don't own it with pre-ban features on it.

If a cop wants to sell you a Bushmaster made 6 months ago, the gun isn't stamped, but has pre-ban features, would you even consider it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]

I am apparently one of the "simple folk", so would you please explain the statement just to satisfy my curiosity?
View Quote

It is a matter of principle. Now I don't have to open my safe to see a "Jesus Rifle" in there.  I'm not going to go into great detail.  If you don't understand my motivations, sorry.  Most people seem to get the point I was making.  I don't want to spend any money on anything related to the proliferation of lies, AKA Christianity.

Nuff Said.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Confederate, how are you supposedly able to purchase this gun without leo letter?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
THAT EXPLAINS IT!!!

I own a mustang and it's always missing the little pony emblems when I come home from Wal-Mart. I'm tracking your butt down and getting my emblems back :)

Nice idea though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
You can purchase it, but I wouldn't leave home with it, shoot it in public, or tell an ex-wife or anyone you owe money to that you have it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am apparently one of the "simple folk", so would you please explain the statement just to satisfy my curiosity?
View Quote

It is a matter of principle. Now I don't have to open my safe to see a "Jesus Rifle" in there.  I'm not going to go into great detail.  If you don't understand my motivations, sorry.  Most people seem to get the point I was making.  I don't want to spend any money on anything related to the proliferation of lies, AKA Christianity.

Nuff Said.

View Quote

Sounds to me like you cut off your nose to spite your face.
I can deal with religious discussions, and I don't get to wrapped around the axles about it, but from your tone, it seems that religious discussions shouldn't be allowed on a public fourm.

As for the topic, I would pass on it, unless Colt can PROVE that it was manufactured before the ban and was a complete weapon. I know a guy with an Oly lower that was manufactured a few weeks before the ban, but Oly can't say it was a complete weapon. But he keeps a pre ban upper on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Sounds to me like you cut off your nose to spite your face.
I can deal with religious discussions, and I don't get to wrapped around the axles about it, but from your tone, it seems that religious discussions shouldn't be allowed on a public fourm.

View Quote

No problems at all with religion in a public forum.  Now when a moderator uses it as a point of argument, that is a different story altogether.

I can only figure that you and I are in very different demographics brackets by your statement about cutting nose to spite face?  I'm not real sure what diluted point you are trying to make.  I can only assume you are speaking about taking a loss on the sale of the rifle?  To me, no big deal whatsoever.  I still have plenty of AR's.  I don't miss 1 post ban, that's certain.
It is purely principle.  I went to court and dished out over $40,000US to make a very similar point.  I sued for zero financial restitution.  I simply wanted to make sure that company understood I was serious and wanted an apology.  That situation was completly different, but the principle remains the same.
I truly am sorry if you do not understand.  I know there are poeple who don't as I have has this conversation dozens of times.

I agree ignorance is bliss, but those of us who are not ignorant bear the responsibility to bring to light the shortcommings of those who are.
Remember the gene pool needs a little chlorine once in a while.
[chainsaw]
AR50Troll
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I humbly offer you a sincere "thank you" for your beneficent service to the lower forms of life found at this site and the "simple folks" such as myself

I normally do not flame, but your arrogant, condescending attitude is downright annoying.  There are many good people here whom you could perhaps learn something from, not the least of which would be a little humility.

BTW, as far as selling, at a loss, your LEGP--the only point you made was in your own grandiose mind.  Garandman is only a moderator, not an owner of the site, not a seller of the LEGP, basically just another member.  Selling your rifle served no purpose as far as "making a point."  Silly man.
View Quote

Don't waste your time, Mike.

Pearls and swine and all that.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I truly am sorry if you do not understand.  I know there are poeple who don't as I have has this conversation dozens of times.
View Quote

For all your presumptive superiority, you might watch your syntax a little better--the above (second) sentence makes absolutely no sense.  

Quoted:
I agree ignorance is bliss, but those of us who are not ignorant bear the responsibility to bring to light the shortcommings of those who are.
AR50Troll
View Quote

I humbly offer you a sincere "thank you" for your beneficent service to the lower forms of life found at this site and the "simple folks" such as myself.  You may, however, wish to begin using the spellcheck (it's "shortcomings"--one M).  It really sounds as if you are so full of yourself as to be full of shit.  I normally do not flame, but your arrogant, condescending attitude is downright annoying.  There are many good people here whom you could perhaps learn something from, not the least of which would be a little humility.  BTW, as far as selling, at a loss, your LEGP--the only point you made was in your own grandiose mind.  Garandman is only a moderator, not an owner of the site, not a seller of the LEGP, basically just another member.  Selling your rifle served no purpose as far as "making a point."  Silly man.
View Quote

Seriously.  You could not have mistaken what I said in a more wrong way.  I do not consider any of the people mentioned in my post as, what did you demean it as...lower forms of life found at this site?  I believe that behavior is called projection?

Anyhow, sorry I don't use spellcheck.  It is a crutch for dumbasses if you ask me.  I tend to have less errors than most, so I don't bother.  You can generally understand what words I am trying to spell...
I'm not trying to be arrogant or condescending.  If you interpret it that way, that is one of your problems, not mine.
Again, sorry if you misinterpret what I say as being arrogant, condescending.  It is not, you simply think it is.

As far as selling the rifle. Well, you appear to not understand.  I am not going to try to explain. It seems rather pointless to continue beating that dead horse.

I will own the Silly man part.  You are not the first one to say that by any means.

But in defense of myself from your libelous post, I am not full of shit.  Don't be pissed at me for trying to do something with my life and standing behind the ideals that got me to my success level.  Maybe if you would attempt to learn what I am saying you will see I am not trying to be a prick.  People tend to bash what they don't understand.  I guess that's OK if you don't want to learn anything in life...
So in all actuality, it is you who has exhibitied an attitude that could be as you call it "arrogant, condescending" and "full of shit".  I am very sure my reply will only serve to anger you further.  Once again, sorry that you have trouble understanding what I am trying to say.

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No anger, just annoyed.  Internet stuff isn't worth generating anger.  As far as having "trouble understanding what I am trying to say"--please don't flatter yourself.  I understand perfectly when content is presented in a cogent manner.  Some of us "simple folks" are surprisingly intelligent and well educated.  All in all, I have spent enough time on this.  I wish you well, and hope we can come to better terms at some future point in time.  [i]Adieu[/i]
View Quote

Agreed.  Sorry to offend so many.  It just seems to happen.  Remember, I am a gun owner and want to continue to enjoy that right just as much as all of you.  I just seem to piss a few of you off once in a while.  At the end of the day I'm shooting with you, not at you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the legal way you can own this gun, Move to Canada.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I would error on the cautious side.  If the number is above the manufactures pre ban/post ban cut off.  You would need to hide the gun and not let it see the light of day.   All it would take was for a cop to be beside you at the range to cause you problems.   I knew a person who took an illegal gun to the range and was arrested and fined by an off duty sheriff that was at the range that day.  I say you should keep looking and go for a gun that is less risky.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top