BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call Omaha and complain that your filet order was contaminated with chicken and hot dogs.

Then have a cookout.

Seriously, call the shipper and ask what the deal is.  Perishable food is handled differently from other items.  

They want to make sure that the right items get to the recipient and once you've handled them with your filthy paws it may not meet their standards

Also, if they send out a replacement they'll want to know about the screwup so they can fix it and get the tasty food where it needs to go.

View Quote
truth

they may not accept just handing it to the purchaser, as they do not know what has happened when a 3rd party has control of it
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You don't offend me.  If you can't figure out the right thing to do, I sure as hell am not worried about being offended by you.

Opportunity cost?

So, you only do the right thing when it is beneficial to you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You really shouldn't need to ask us or anyone else whether you should do the right thing.

This thread is stupid.

I am sorry to offend your sensibilities. You should also understand the concept of opportunity cost.

You don't offend me.  If you can't figure out the right thing to do, I sure as hell am not worried about being offended by you.

Opportunity cost?

So, you only do the right thing when it is beneficial to you?

First, I wasn't responding to you. Second, time is money. Making phone calls is no big deal but when it goes beyond that it costs me. I didn't fuck up, someone else did and it really isn't my problem.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. Call the company too and ask them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be a good person. Call the intended recipients.

This. Call the company too and ask them.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It has my address but it isn't addressed to me.
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/jstamatson/steaks_zps24043175.jpg
There was a phone number on it that I assume is the intended recipients but no answer. Obviously it is perishable so it is in my freezer now.

What should I do?
View Quote

Bought them for my son a few years back and he didn't like them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe a google search will reveal the address of the phone number.  It's probably a neighbor's and they got the street numbers juxtaposed.
View Quote

uuuhhh what? they placed the addresses together for contrast?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top