Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lead is a toxic and trying to avoid it from getting in the water and food supply isn't a bad idea at all.

Do I support a ban? No, but eliminating lead from wild and recreational areas is a good idea.

View Quote

In this context it really has no significant impact on the environment. Wildlife and people are not harmed due to lead from hunting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Suppressors are legal in MN on July 1.  It's a step!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Awesome, now you get to pay to ask permission to use them!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lead is a toxic and trying to avoid it from getting in the water and food supply isn't a bad idea at all.

Do I support a ban? No, but eliminating lead from wild and recreational areas is a good idea.

View Quote

If that was the true goal, they would be banning lead fishing gear too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Lead bullets do not break down and the hype about this has been proven to be wrong

over and over.

Get away from the koolaid.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lead bullets do not break down and the hype about this has been proven to be wrong

over and over.

Why don't you swallow some lead pellets and show the egg head scientists how much they don't know?

There was a thread years ago from an ARFcom member talking about how doctors found elevated levels of lead in his blood. Once he wore gloves it went down a lot. The fact is, lead gets into your and my food supply. Endangering YOUR health as welol as everyone else's.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1435544096n4v03mhfwfy
Starting July 1, 2015, nonlead ammunition will be required when hunting on all California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) lands and for all Nelson bighorn sheep hunts anywhere in the state.

Further phase-out of lead ammunition for hunting in California will continue on July 1, 2016, when nonlead ammunition will be required when hunting with shotguns for upland game birds (except for dove, quail and snipe), small game mammals, fur-bearing mammals and nongame birds except for when hunting at licensed game bird clubs. Nonlead ammunition will also be required when taking wildlife with shotguns for depredation purposes anywhere in the state.

Starting July 1, 2019, hunters must use nonlead ammunition when taking any animal anywhere in the state for any purpose.
View Quote

View Quote

Oh, for the love of pete....  

[tool] "Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona Bay." [/tool]  

I realize there are good people in California but it's also filled with idiotic political leaders who are so out of touch with reality that it's embarrassing. Really, California. Really.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why don't you swallow some lead pellets and show the egg head scientists how much they don't know?

There was a thread years ago from an ARFcom member talking about how doctors found elevated levels of lead in his blood. Once he wore gloves it went down a lot. The fact is, lead gets into your and my food supply. Endangering YOUR health as welol as everyone else's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

over and over.

Bull shit.

Do you even hunt? Do you know how few shots are fired hunting?

How about fishing. Far more lead is lost while fishing than have ever been fired while

hunting. Lead from hunting does not get into the food supply. this has been proven

over and over.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in San Jose last week for business.  I found it highly amusing all of the "This product contains elements known to cause cancer in the state of California." signs in random places.  Like the elevator at the airport garage for the rental cars.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bull shit.

How about fishing. Far more lead is lost while fishing than have ever been fired while

hunting. Lead from hunting does not get into the food supply. this has been proven

over and over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

over and over.

Bull shit.

over and over.

Not bullshit. Produce one peer review study that says lead is harmless in woodland areas

I can post a ton of these. I doubt you can post many at all favoring lead for hunting.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
And i see some of the gomers from CA are buying this line of shit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Not bullshit. Produce one peer review study that says lead is harmless in woodland areas

I can post a ton of these. I doubt you can post many at all favoring lead for hunting.

http://m.humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/wildlife_abuse/toxic-lead-ammunition-poisoning-wildlife.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

over and over.

Bull shit.

over and over.

http://m.humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/wildlife_abuse/toxic-lead-ammunition-poisoning-wildlife.html

You post shit from the humane society and believe it.

You are being obtuse.

Again how many shots are fired on average while hunting?

Very few.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
July 1st Georgia gets the cool fireworks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

View Quote

Provide me with some study that shows lead is harmless.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have any idea how much lead it would take to have any significant effect?  One bullet isn't going to do it, 10 isn't going to do it, 100 isn't going to do it, a 1,000 isn't't going to do it, even if you took 10,000 rounds and fired them all into the same place the effect will be virtually zero beyond a few feet of it.  Even if you dumped an entire tractor trailer of ammo into the source of the LA River it would have zero effect.

Their has never been any scientific evidence of even a single bird being harmed by lead ammunition, hippie windmills on the other hand have killed thousands.  What about lead fishing wieghts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

Lead does not breakdown and get into anything. It is is almost insolvable.

I never said lead is harmless, I said lead bullets do not breakdown and get into

the food chain.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile, Kansas' Constitutional Carry goes into effect July 1st.

Nice!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We've got that in PA. Welcome to our rights
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but......it's PA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I never said lead is harmless, I said lead bullets do not breakdown and get into

the food chain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

the food chain.

Years ago, people thought lead in gasoline was harmless.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What are you going to use for .22's?
View Quote

Reloaded .22 Hornets and .223 w/ lead free bullets.

It sure as hell won't be rimfire ammo, as things stand.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
and it has already been proven that lead bullets do not cause harm the the environment.
View Quote

Who said this has anything to do with protecting the environment?

Be grateful they haven't mandated gold core, platinum jacket ammo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

the food chain.

Years ago people would admit when they were wrong and not play straw-man arguments.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Years ago people would admit when they were wrong and not play straw-man arguments.

View Quote

You've proved that lead is harmless and can't possibly contaminate wildlife? Where is this proof?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup. Not quite sure how they check the bullet without cutting it open though.

No different than federal regs about carrying any lead shot on you when hunting waterfowl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one will pay attention to this, its not enforceable

this is true, toss it, carry on

The authority of the game wardens, puts police to shame.  They will do spot checks, and they have the ability to confiscate anything used to violate hunting and fishing regulations.  This includes guns, boats, and vehicles; if they choose to be an asshole.

Yup. Not quite sure how they check the bullet without cutting it open though.

No different than federal regs about carrying any lead shot on you when hunting waterfowl.

Warden can squint and guess, or there is a high tech contraption he can employ, like a metal detector wand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

the food chain.

Are you seriously comparing lead bromide vapor to metallic/elemental lead?  I have a degree in chemistry and an MD and you're wrong.  Stop it already.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

You are deliberately asking for the impossible, you know damn well that no one is claiming lead is harmless, what you refuse to understand is:

It is NOT getting into the food supply from hunting
There is ZERO evidence that lead bullets have ever harmed a single animal not shot by them
Lead does NOT break down and "leach" into the environment like they claim
There is such a thing as dosage, just because lead is toxic does not mean that you are getting enough to hurt you.  Did you know that the Tunafish you get at the grocery store contains a pretty good amount of mercury, a substance far more toxic than lead?  How about that Banannas contain radioactive potassium?  Because they do, enough that your banana consumption is actually one of the factors to consider when calculating your background dose rate.  Did you know that once upon a time most water pipes, including city mains were actually MADE of lead?  And that many old ones are still in use today?  Guess what, we didn't go extinct.

You need to find an actual credible source before you go citing an activist group with an obvious agenda for "facts."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You are deliberately asking for the impossible, you know damn well that no one is claiming lead is harmless, what you refuse to understand is:

There is ZERO evidence that lead bullets have ever harmed a single animal not shot by them

There is such a thing as dosage, just because lead is toxic does not mean that you are getting enough to hurt you.  Did you know that the Tunafish you get at the grocery store contains a pretty good amount of mercury, a substance far more toxic than lead?  How about that Banannas contain radioactive potassium?  Because they do, enough that your banana consumption is actually one of the factors to consider when calculating your background dose rate.  Did you know that once upon a time most water pipes, including city mains were actually MADE of lead?  And that many old ones are still in use today?  Guess what, we didn't go extinct.
You need to find an actual credible source before you go citing an activist group with an obvious agenda for "facts."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.
Very few.

The California legislator with hundreds of representatives, senators, and governor CAN move on something that has no basis whatsoever in reality?

A state of almost 40 million people and no credible scientific source called them on it?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The California legislator with hundreds of representatives, senators, and governor CAN move on something that has no basis whatsoever in reality?

A state of almost 40 million people and no credible scientific source called them on it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

That same gov and those same people banned hi-cap mags "for the children". Hows that workin out?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

YOU, my friend, are MASSIVELY uninformed.  Metallic lead is NOT an issue to the food and water supply ANYWHERE.  It would take tens of THOUSANDS of years for lead projectiles to affect the water quality in ANY water table in the US.

This lead issue is WAY overblown, and preys upon the ignorance of those who confuse NON-METALLIC lead with the metallic stuff.  Non-metallic lead (like lead salts from leaded gasoline exhaust residue) is QUITE soluble in water, and easily ingested by organisms.  The metallic stuff is quite the opposite!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pellet rifles too.
So no more shooting rats with lead pellets I guess.

Stoopid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you going to use for .22's?

Pellet rifles too.
So no more shooting rats with lead pellets I guess.

Stoopid.

Air guns are not firearms, and so are specifically NOT covered by lead bans.  They will "discover" this "loophole" at a later date.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
And thank god for those bullet buttons! Cali.gov and it's people got it all figured out. So if they say lead bullets kill babies, then they must kill the fuck out of some babies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is coming.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

Using the California State Legislature and basis in reality are not exactly a winning argument with any issue.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

This is why we can't have nice things. Please stay in MI. We don't need another one of you out here. We have enough problems.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Ha Ha. Fuck Kommiefornia.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only for open carry...and you still can't open carry in Philadelphia.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Why, it's just a way for the Southern democrats to control all us Negros citizens.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ha Ha. Fuck Kommiefornia.
View Quote

What a class act you are. If you think this isn't coming for everyone you're a fool. Scratch that your response was proof enough.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
and it has already been proven that lead bullets do not cause harm the the environment.
View Quote

I know what you posted was a tongue and cheek statement...but I don't think this is about the environment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I can find 50 year old, blackish/purple spent lead bullets in the desert.  Once the surface oxidizes, it becomes passive and inert.

People crying about bullets poisoning the environment are simply making stuff up.  Here's your song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsWmfljeIq0&feature=player_detailpage
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So where the hell do you find "nonlead" 22 ammo for hunting small game?   I'm thinking rabbits, squirrels, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1435544096n4v03mhfwfy

Starting July 1, 2015, nonlead ammunition will be required when hunting on all California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) lands and for all Nelson bighorn sheep hunts anywhere in the state.

Further phase-out of lead ammunition for hunting in California will continue on July 1, 2016, when nonlead ammunition will be required when hunting with shotguns for upland game birds (except for dove, quail and snipe), small game mammals, fur-bearing mammals and nongame birds except for when hunting at licensed game bird clubs. Nonlead ammunition will also be required when taking wildlife with shotguns for depredation purposes anywhere in the state.

Starting July 1, 2019, hunters must use nonlead ammunition when taking any animal anywhere in the state for any purpose.

So where the hell do you find "nonlead" 22 ammo for hunting small game?   I'm thinking rabbits, squirrels, etc.

You dont.  Thats the idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Just for the record I grew up chewing on lead shot when we hunted as children. My dad who is pushing 80 also grew up chewing on lead shot and taught us this. No one in my family ever got sick from it and we are all healthy. I don't think lead is poison at all and is just something that EPA and the government want to say just to help Ban it and help ban ammo.  Also for the record I have perfect teeth with zero cavities and so does my dad.  We also no longer chew on lead!

Lead comes from the environment and absolutely is no danger to the environment in anyway shape or form and any scientist that says it is, is a fucking MORAN! Lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Stuff has been tried and reported to be inaccurate, short range junk.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

I use those pipes to make bullets.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where do you think lead comes from?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are being obtuse.

Very few.

You gots to be trollin'.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#47]
deleted
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder where the lead comes from?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#50]
This lead bullet ban is a dishonest, environmentalist trick to make hunting first, and then all shooting, prohibitively expensive.  They will be perfectly happy to make deer rifle ammo and upland shotshells cost $20 / shot.

It's backdoor gun control.  Dumbasses in other states laughing and pointing will be the next victims of this fake environmentalist horse shit.

Nationally, American shooters are so divided, they DESERVE to lose politically on this creeping gun control shit.  Shooters who advocate for lead bullet bans are playing into the hands of gun confiscators, and hunters who support lead bullet bans are Quislings.

For fuck's sake, why must we be saps?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top