Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool thread
  Thanks alot
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The good thing about going inside your cabin is that from there you can't see the outside of the cabin.

I've lived in worse.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
... Building your own cabin is way cool. I'm starting on my third in my lifetime - this one I will retire in.

... As for the color; I've considered doing a camouflage scheme on mine. Would take photos of the surrounding area, over several different times of year at several times during the day then "mix up" the colors using PhotoShop© or the like for an "average" color and paint it that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Two years worth of weekends on mine.  Just now got the inside all finished up last weekend.  A man must have a cottage in the woods.
www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/10060/aug12126.jpg
www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/10060/withwindow.JPG
www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/userpics/10060/gun4%7E0.JPG

I like this alot. Did you build from a set of plans? If so are you done with them!! or where can I get a set of plans?  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.  So, is land in TX cheap?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Great job on the getaway, although you wouldn't make it as a builder in the real world where a 3500 sq ft. house is ready to be occupied in six weeks. Most here wish they had something like you have, myself included.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Great job.  The color is acceptable, I always aim for something acceptable since in my opinion the job of paint is to either seal what you are painting, cover stains from the last party, make the lady happy, or just get the can empty so you can have a paint can to roll around the yard using your shotgun and slugs.

Small it may be, but paid for means so much more.

And it is easy to extend and expand from there.

Heck, in a decade you might build a bigger cabin and then you can have a guest cabin for those who annoy you more than others when they visit.

And looking at your pics, the quad and guns and what not, I am happy to see you consider the cabin to be more for sleeping while the outdoors is for awake time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice Hillbilly go-cart you got there slacker....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

you got that right buddy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
You need a fireplace... I would gone a bit bigger for an indoor eating area in case the weather got nasty, but that looks very nice dude !
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got that right buddy

You should see me chasing possums @ midnight on it! 12GA shotty w/maglight taped to the bbl and a helmet going thru the fields after them lil' bastards! Yea, the country is great!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Couldn't you just have gotten one of those portable sheds delivered alot sooner and cheaper?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#13]
"I see a red door and I want it painted black"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Your cabin is awesome, and I am green with envy!

I need me a cabin in the middle of no where.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
can you elaborate on the type of foundation you're using? Color-wise, it is fine with me. Insulate the inside for a more even temperature range.

I just would have put wheels on it, then you could tow it back and forth from your house!

Hey, when you're at camp, you don't need nuttin' else!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Still have pictures of yours on my fridge.

Ah--I'm flattered.  You wouldn't recognize it now--especially after the stain was applied this past summer.  The color adds a great deal to the appearance.  I keep plugging away.

I have a certain picture of yours in my hallway too.  

Speaking of that, I wore a certain sweatshirt home to mom's (Wis.) for Christmas.  

Hell I thought he was talking about my shed!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got that right buddy

You should see me chasing possums @ midnight on it! 12GA shotty w/maglight taped to the bbl and a helmet going thru the fields after them lil' bastards! Yea, the country is great!

You got to be kidding me. No shit?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"I see a red door and I want it painted black"

My wife said the same dam thing!!! go buy the paint
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn,  I need some land with a cabin on it!

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
If you were to go with an outswing door, you can get a Larson roll up screen door for around $150.00 and mount it on the inside.
as for the color... it looks like a nice neutral color. not too dark for the summer heat and not too light for the cold winters. I would agree with everyone that insulation is important, but then you would also have to finish off the inside, so you arn't getting fiberglass all over you while you sleep. if you were to do that, I would suggest 1/8" standard hardboard (masonite) for your interior walls.
 It might be a nice addition to the front porch to build a mount or table for a portable grill under cover so you can cook in the rain, and not trip over it.
 It looks great, and I am very jealous.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top