Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
page 2 says Glock all day
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That is a very cool looking pistola.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
glock 19

aftermarket parts
part availability
relatively low magazine costs (magpul mags now too)
lighter
perfect size
will shoot pretty much whatever you feed it
only the cool kids have it

Also I cant stand how tiny the CZ slide is, plus striker fired for the win.  CZ would be a cool show piece for me thats all.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All the fanboys are really a turnoff for the glock that and the CZ is so nice looking, all metal. Supposed to function GREAT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTP.

I voted CZ75. Why? It's not a Glock.

Aesthetics, accuracy, I like metal and I literally despise the fanboi effect associated with Glock. They're every bit as bad as the Apple worshippers. And just as rabid when they find out you're not part of the sheeple cult!

P.S.- I'm old, cranky and set in my ways. No use trying to change MY mind. I'm NOT going to drink the KoolAid.

All the fanboys are really a turnoff for the glock that and the CZ is so nice looking, all metal. Supposed to function GREAT.

Ever wonder why the fanboys are created? I tried HK, Sig, Beretta, Springfield, and Smith&Wesson when I started in IDPA. They all fell to the wayside when I picked up a gen 2 G19 in a trade. The 19 did it all without malfunctions, or parts breaking and it did it quickly. The Sig was almost as good but it weighed as much as a brick. So the 19 won out again. Now all of my pistols are Glocks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

No light rail.

Edit: it would be nice if CZ came out with a P-0x that was G26 sized and a Kadet conversion (with a 1/2-28 threaded barrel option) that would lock the slide back.  It would make me consider switching from Glock.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Go with whichever one feels better in your hand.  For 99.9% of people, that will be the CZ.  You will love how it feels.  Get the Gluck if you like staple guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Well thank fully we are living in a golden age.
You can get both.  
CZ p07.  Hammer fired.  Tight lock up. And poly lower.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
glock 19

aftermarket parts
part availability
lighter
perfect size

Also I cant stand how tiny the CZ slide is, plus striker fired for the win.  CZ would be a cool show piece for me thats all.
View Quote

Try feeding a glock led.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its yours not mine

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its yours not mine

Well technically it isn't mine.... I've got the same grips inbound though
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What color frag grips are those?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What color frag grips are those?

IDR, their from VZ
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go with whichever one feels better in your hand.  For 99.9% of people, that will be the CZ.  You will love how it feels.  Get the Gluck if you like staple guns.
View Quote

Not trying to pick on you, but I fucking loathe the advice "what feels best".

Glocks do not feel great in my hand.  1911s, CZs, even M&Ps feel better if I'm just fondling shit at the gun store.  But they shoot damn well for me at the range despite that.  

How a gun behaves under recoil, how the trigger breaks and resets when shooting, how accurate the gun is....none of these things can be determined by "what feels good" in the hand.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Somethings can't be churched up, no matter how much shiney shit you add.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The CZ is a very nice pistol, classy even. The Glock is more like a Jeep, you can keep it clean and nice but it is perfectly at home in the mud and dirt and everyone knows when they see it.

Somethings can't be churched up, no matter how much shiney shit you add.

Only thing I add to my Glocks are night sights. They're low maintenance and perform as well or better than guns two or three times their price.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Both
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#14]
CZ or an M&P.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]
CZ-75.

It feels better in my hand.  Almost as good as my 1911.

I don't get that from a Glock.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ever wonder why the fanboys are created? I tried HK, Sig, Beretta, Springfield, and Smith&Wesson when I started in IDPA. They all fell to the wayside when I picked up a gen 2 G19 in a trade. The 19 did it all without malfunctions, or parts breaking and it did it quickly. The Sig was almost as good but it weighed as much as a brick. So the 19 won out again. Now all of my pistols are Glocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTP.

I voted CZ75. Why? It's not a Glock.

Aesthetics, accuracy, I like metal and I literally despise the fanboi effect associated with Glock. They're every bit as bad as the Apple worshippers. And just as rabid when they find out you're not part of the sheeple cult!

P.S.- I'm old, cranky and set in my ways. No use trying to change MY mind. I'm NOT going to drink the KoolAid.

I think glock fanboys are there because their gun sample size are glocks. I used to think glocks were the best. Then I started getting more into pistols, shooting different types. When my sample size increased, I realized glocks aren't as great as I thought.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#17]
CZ 75 has simply got to be the best fit in the hand I ever tried. Heavy yes but the fit makes up for it. They must have formed that handle just right. I can tell the difference blindfolded. 1911 design can't be beat plus the nice grip and feel.  Lots of great guns out there but the 75 is one notch up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Both
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
The difference in accuracy and reliability is not all that much.  Glock weighs less and costs less these days unless you get one of the newer polymer CZ's.  Parts are easier to find.  Not to mention Mags.  Trigger is better on the Glock then the CZ.  Only thing the CZ really has is a more comfortable grip, but more difficult to charge.

Fully loaded mags don't rattle in a Glock mag like a CZ mag does.  Not a real problem, but could be annoying if carried concealed.

I have owned multiples of both.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think glock fanboys are there because their gun sample size are glocks. I used to think glocks were the best. Then I started getting more into pistols, shooting different types. When my sample size increased, I realized glocks aren't as great as I thought.
View Quote

Yep and most new shooters go for a Glock, since it is the most known and pervasive.  New shooters seem to be the most enthusiastic when defending and justifying heir purchases on gun boards.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

It is without a  magazine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
G19. Best combination of size, weight, capacity, and caliber. It's the perfect general purpose 9mm, and because it's a Glock you won't feel bad about mistreating it by shooting the piss out of it and not cleaning it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Heh.  I am pretty sure it comes with a magazine but it definitely is not gold plated either!

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never heard of a CZ owner shooting themself in the dick.
View Quote

It's because CZ owners are mostly women.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Try feeding a glock led.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
glock 19

aftermarket parts
part availability
lighter
perfect size

Try feeding a glock led.

This, although I know you meant LEAD. I shoot primarily lead bullets. One of my coworkers has literary hundreds of thousands of bullets that he has cast. He sells them to me cheap, so I shoot them. If I buy a Glock,I either have to shoot jacketed bullets or buy an aftermarket barrel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
CZ-75 compact name one thing wrong with this
View Quote

It's not mine!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I like glocks for the role you want. Both is the only answer really. Cz's are awesome and would serve well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This, although I know you meant LEAD. I shoot primarily lead bullets. One of my coworkers has literary hundreds of thousands of bullets that he has cast. He sells them to me cheap, so I shoot them. If I buy a Glock,I either have to shoot jacketed bullets or buy an aftermarket barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
glock 19

aftermarket parts
part availability
lighter
perfect size

Try feeding a glock led.

I was on the fence with which one to use
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't have a CZ, I'm just in here to vote against Glock
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I voted pie because this question is the most definite buy both thread in the history of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For an EDC and combat sidearm.

CCW Primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what?

CCW Primary.

I have and enjoy both.

For those purposes, glock for sure.  If for no other reason than just weight.  The weight difference is huge.   Also, something that is a glock advantage is that it is much easier to rack a glock slide than the much thinner cz slide under stress.

I have a p07 that us better than a 75 for carry because of weight, but it still is slower to rack than a glock.  

Striker fired with no safety is faster and simpler to draw and get a fast first hit than something with a thumb safety, unless you really practice like hell with that safety, and there's still the chance of user error in high stress environments. If you use a decocker model with the hammer down, the first shot will have a heavier and longer trigger pull than a glock.  In terms of motor skills, Glock is always just point and click.

Both are must-own guns.  If you push more towards the "combat" requirements of the OP, and can have a slicked-up, super accurate CGW CZ 75, and you're not EDC'ing the extra weight, the 75 might have some better arguments for it. But trending towards edc/ccw/wearing with everyday clothes etc, glock is hard to beat

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't have a CZ, I'm just in here to vote against Glock
View Quote

Haha I actually own two Glocks but do not currently own a CZ, and I voted CZ. I have been needing to remedy that though, but it has to get in line.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Glock because, OZ. is Lbs. and Lbs. is pain.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Did I make it in before "muh handfeels"?

Get the G19.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I went with both, and each has its place.  If pushed, I'd have to go with Glock for carrying due to weight.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]
HK VP9 > Glock
Walther PPQ > Glock
CZ P07 > Glock

I have a Glock and there is no way I'd buy another one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Glocks do not feel great in my hand.  1911s, CZs, even M&Ps feel better if I'm just fondling shit at the gun store.  But they shoot damn well for me at the range despite that.  

How a gun behaves under recoil, how the trigger breaks and resets when shooting, how accurate the gun is....none of these things can be determined by "what feels good" in the hand.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x100000000000
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

CCW Primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what?

CCW Primary.

I have to vote glock. Big difference in weight in favor of the glock. Not a fan of the stock cz triggers (long, stacky, DA...long reset) though I'm in love with the trigger on my shadow custom. Glocks stock trigger isn't much to write home about either but it's cheap and easy to upgrade, and has a nice, short tactile reset.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Having had glocks in the past I just picked up a PCR for carry.   Absolutely love it.  I'll never go back to glock or anything else for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This x100000000000
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x100000000000

So a lighter snappier gun with an inferior trigger with shit ergonomics, get that gun?

CZ all the way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So a lighter snappier gun with an inferior trigger with shit ergonomics, get that gun?

CZ all the way.
View Quote

Oh look, someone who can't read.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

CCW Primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what?

CCW Primary.

Get a Glock 19.4. That's your benchmark and is perfect for what you're looking to do. If you want to try a P-01 or P-07 later then you'll have something to compare it to. The Glock 19 is plain, utilitarian, and unexciting. It's also light weight, has excellent capacity, has hundreds of sight and holster options, and magazines are readily available.

ETA: P-07 vs G19 is a good matchup. Roughly the same size, weight, capacity, and both will take an XC1.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ all the way.

Nope, just someone who thinks comfort ranks higher on the criteria for gun choice than most people.  Comfortable to SHOOT, CARRY, HOLD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope, just someone who thinks comfort ranks higher on the criteria for gun choice than most people.  Comfortable to SHOOT, CARRY, HOLD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ all the way.

It's only a two page thread, man.  I really recommend reading some of my other posts in it, then reevaluating if you took my comment the way it was intended or not.  

Protip:  You did not.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This x100000000000

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This x100000000000

You shoot a CZ enough and you don't even use the sights anymore because it is so good of fit in your hand, you can feel where it is aiming.  I have never shot a handgun that I could do that with except the CZ.  Enough said!

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
G19. Best combination of size, weight, capacity, and caliber. It's the perfect general purpose 9mm, and because it's a Glock you won't feel bad about mistreating it by shooting the piss out of it and not cleaning it.

View Quote

I really like my CZ, but I wouldn't really want to EDC it because of the weight.  

For EDC G19 wins, CZ for competition.

Long way of saying get both!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#47]
G19

Size, weight, cost, capacity, reliability, proven, striker fire system
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Really like the look of a CZ-75 B and it holds 17 rounds.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#49]
However everyone should own at least 1 glock, if SHTF they will be the most common sidearm right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I just realized:  OP has had a Chili thread and a Glock/CZ thread in the last month or so.

What's next, OP.....9mm vs 45?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top