Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't want to be educated, they want material to use on the next hit piece.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck CNN

We're not going to get anywhere with that attitude... I recommend professional looking minorities, gays, and women flood iReport.

Jesus Christ Himself could come down here and give His personal blessings to ARs and AR owners everywhere and CNN would still spin it into some anti-gun garbage. Screw that and screw trying to help out those who are against us. CNN can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CNN

We're not going to get anywhere with that attitude... I recommend professional looking minorities, gays, and women flood iReport.

i posted mine a few days ago. its the one titled "yes it was" its got 1200+ views and some positive comments.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://ireport.cnn.com/topics/898502

Here you go, here is the chance to educate the media.

They're not educable.

This and fuck CNN, MSNBC and all the other liberal pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Be very careful. They will be very selective in choosing the ones that portray us the worst. Don't get sucked in.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I posted on it. I ain't scared.

The Truth About Rifles

Good post
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Truth About Rifles

Thank you for your post. However you start your post with: "First off, assault rifles have been banned since 1986." First off, no they haven't.

You did an excellent job with the FBI stats on murders with rifles compared to knives or hands - and that the previous AWB didn't stop Columbine. That needs to be hammered home.

Good on you.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
have not rifles that have the capability of select fire not been banned and regulated strictly since then? correct me if I'm wrong so that I can edit the article.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
dont just tell me I'm wrong... come on man
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://ireport.cnn.com/topics/898502

Here you go, here is the chance to educate the media.

I completely agree. We shouldn't just say "fuck you, stay away from me guns!!!!!!".

What we need to do is calmly debate, share our positive experiences with the AR15 and being at the range and that we are polite people. If we always reply angrily and not actually take people to the range or talk about it, then these people will always have a bad stigma for the AR15

I agree. Currently the media allows Adam Lanza to be our definition of an ar15 owner.
Prove them otherwise!
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CNN

What about a furry?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have a hard time believing that it's not a convenient way to collect accounts from individuals, adjust context or content slightly, and store for later use as "proof" that we're all fuckin' crazy nutters.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CNN

Isn't it disgusting that these people are considered to have a greater amount of moral authority than heterosexual white males by the MSM?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

CNN summarized some of their iReport gun owner remarks and linked them to their homepage near the top of the Newtown/AWB coverage.  They chose some solid, well reasoned arguments to quote, no editorializing or cherry picking some nutcase: http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/us/military-style-weapons-ireport/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

It is actually a very well written article, and gives plenty of real world reasons why normal folks enjoy owning and shooting the AR-15 platform.  CNN did a solid on this one, I have to say.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a hard time believing that it's not a convenient way to collect accounts from individuals, adjust context or content slightly, and store for later use as "proof" that we're all fuckin' crazy nutters.

I have a feeling that the photos will be taken and used for a hit piece.

I'm on the fence about writing an article on one of my ARs. It seems like my 20 inch A2/A4 would be more politically correct, but my bad side wants to throw up a pic of my 11.5 SBR.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I have an AR
I WILL use it to defend my home and my person
END of story.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Compile every single ar hunting pic you can find block the faces and submit them. Shut down their argument that these rifles are not used for hunting.

This!

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I just read the article, quite reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#19]
This is the shit we are up against,

From the comments

jmsramsey

Key word is 'wounds' and not killed as mason stated. I want to have the right to own a gun to protect my family but assault weapons should be banned except for law enforcement and the military. Did anyone notice that a few of the comments stated it was 'fun' to fire an aauualt weapon? You people who said that are a bunch of sick puppies
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Fuck the Communist News Network.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I despise CNN more than most, but I think this is a chance for us to make our voices heard in what may be the biggest Constitutional battle of our generation. It might not do any good, sure, but would it be better to just sit on our hands and complain?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
You're wrong!

You have the dates mixed up 1986 was when Reagan banned the manufacture of new class III full auto weapons for public sale. A tax stamp has been required since 1934 I believe.

The '94 ban didn't address full auto, just a bunch of "Scary" features on semi autos like flash hiders, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, and prohibited the manufacture of magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds.

I thought the CNN iarticle was pretty decent. I might contribute when I have time....

Edit: Dammit, this was supposed to have a quote....
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Huh.

Maybe someone should offer a case of 5.56 for $49/shipping for the best CNN/Pro-AR15 video.

Do we really have more guys willing to wear a dress, than to do a video for this?

I know we have some professional looking men and women on this board.  Why not do this?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
thought it was a pretty good piece.

didn't try to paint us all as nutcases. the people they posted responses from made valid points, and came across as just normal folks who own ar-15's.

"winning hearts and minds"
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]

For crying out loud.

Why do I get the feeling that guy has never been in a fight in his life.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CNN

Jesus Christ Himself could come down here and give His personal blessings to ARs and AR owners everywhere and CNN would still spin it into some anti-gun garbage. Screw that and screw trying to help out those who are against us. CNN can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

I can just see that on the next new episode of South Park
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Compile every single ar hunting pic you can find block the faces and submit them. Shut down their argument that these rifles are not used for hunting.

its better to cut the faces out. they have programs which can unmask coverups or blending.  once you cut it out, then save it without it as another name its gone. thats if it makes a big difference to you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Modern day musket

Should know it before joining military.

Should know it to enjoy being a free man.

exactly

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay, who's kit is this?  ETA: dangerdan03, you bastard, I knew it!  Look'n good, sir.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It was a dark and stormy night ..................

...& then the tragic boating incident..
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't trust CNN. Of all the response they get, they will pick and quote the idiot (false flag?) response and claim gun owners are lunatics. Then we will waste a lot of our resources to try to explain ourselves again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#33]
It isn't about presenting "the crazy gun owner" so much (although I do believe that they will fish for the nuttiest thing possible and at least keep it for later) as it is a way of making you feel like you're actually doing something. They can even use this to point at and claim that they presented a fair airing of both sides.

You're being used and lulled into a false sense of participatory action.

And all the while, they are selling the panic and fear mongering grabbers on primetime while you're tucked away in a nice relatively quiet corner on the web.

You've been given a nice seat at the childrens table.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Truth About Rifles

Awesome.

Also, arfcomers...there is a portion below the story where you can vote (after logging in) as to whether or not you think what he wrote should appear on CNN.

If you like what he wrote enough, I did, go out there and vote!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Needs a new title. "CNN wants to know about you and your AR15 so you can be reported along with your IP address to the proper authorities" I'll try to educate people but what I have, how many and why I have them is none of anyone's damn business.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Needs a new title. "CNN wants to know about you and your AR15 so you can be reported along with your IP address to the proper authorities" I'll try to educate people but what I have, how many and why I have them is none of anyone's damn business.

Cool, I'm not home, nor using my own computer, so they're going to be kicking in the door to my friend's house, who doesn't own any guns.

That, and what you're talking about is the most insane, tin-foil wearing, loony retardation I've heard since the last time I read a GD post, so you've got that going for you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Okay, who's kit is this?  ETA: dangerdan03, you bastard, I knew it!  Look'n good, sir.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/ireport/sm/prod/2012/12/23/WE00886652/2335777/573F9C5004B04ADA99A2DD133D857684-2335777_p9.jpg  

I couldn't come up with a good story, so I wrote what was at the top of my head....
I just felt like posting a pic
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]
There are some i-reports that have "discretion" and all it is is a pic of a bolt action "sniper" rifle.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top