Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems to me if another life form is smart enough to travel from a distant planet to earth, they wouldn't crash when the get here.
View Quote

We don’t know how far along in the process they’re. They could be just figuring this stuff out and have a failure rate that they’re willing to except.

Just like we can get into low earth orbit but that doesn’t mean we don’t have failures and lose people. Same thing with our other spacecraft and mars probes. Those fail all the time (Chinese and Russians are having a hard time with theirs)
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i also want to believe badly but don't. the amount of lies from the government is crazy.

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence/proof. and not just someone's word.
View Quote

Agreed.  Anything able to transit the distance between stars would be so far beyond our comprehension that the metaphor in "Roadside Picnic" comes to mind.

I could easily see though, some spooky snake eater team finding an artifact, which sits there placidly, utterly unmoveable and indifferent to everything done to it or near it.  Like a Niven stasis field, hovering six feet off the ground through some totally unknown means.

Anyone able to find the, likely apocryphal, quote from von Braun about aliens being the "last distraction"?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to believe. But I don't.

Our government is so inept I don't see this being able to be kept a secret.
View Quote

Yup.  I learned that my first day on base for a classified assignment.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, stop posting this stuff in GD. This place is full of retards.  There's a sub forum for this and this exact topic is already posted there.

MODS, please delete if you feel appropriate.
View Quote

this post has low T
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Exactly.

Alien spacecraft retrieval has been narrative looooong before this story.

In truth, it’s just the evolution of AI traveling back in time to study its creators.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I've worked on a variety of classified programs, including black ones. None have seen the light of day. You have no clue what you are talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to believe. But I don't.

Our government is so inept I don't see this being able to be kept a secret.

Bullshit. I've worked on a variety of classified programs, including black ones. None have seen the light of day. You have no clue what you are talking about.

But see, the SF-86 debacle, "With a cloth?", the Awans, etc...  Those being the leaks we know about.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, stop posting this stuff in GD. This place is full of retards.  There's a sub forum for this and this exact topic is already posted there.

LOFL.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
UFOs are real. That much I can personally say is true. Aliens, I'm not 100% sure about (myself excepted of course), but it's the more practical explanation for how/why there are silent aircraft that are able to fit around unimpeded and with the performance and characteristics that they have.

I saw what was clearly a saucer-ish shaped UFO when I was a kid . After that, stuff about alien abductions and UFOs scared the ever loving shit out of me in my adolescent years because of what I had seen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How do you master inter-stellar travel and then manage to crash on Earth?
View Quote

Female drivers? I keed, I keed.....

I don't believe there are any aliens flying around either.......I do Believe we steal and recover exotic stuff from other countries
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wut???
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
As real as Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]
At this point, the people that don't believe are the conspiracy theorists.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Sure they did…

Now we will have to send the MIC Trillions to protect us from Space Invaders.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Nine crashes? Who’s gonna believe an alien race can’t navigate a blue ball and crashes into it, nine times!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It seems to me if another life form is smart enough to travel from a distant planet to earth, they wouldn't crash when the get here.
View Quote

right, master near light speed travel and can't figure out air and gravity.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nine crashes? Who’s gonna believe an alien race can’t navigate a blue ball and crashes into it, nine times!!
View Quote

Felines ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Call me a skeptic, but bullshit.

Has anyone here ever seen photos or video of the site of crashed aircraft?  Cleaning up a UFO crash site would be an incredibly complex operation requiring tons of trucks and heavy equipment along with hundreds of individuals.  I can't imagine how anyone could keep the site itself and then the transportation of wreckage concealed.  The clean up of the site would take months before they'd feel comfortable enough to let people just have access to it.  

Hell, remember the missing F-35 from a few months ago?  Look what went into that operation.   This UFO shit is all bullshit to draw attention away from actual issues of great concern.  Just more bread and circus for the low information American voters to consume.  

I believe Elon Musk when he says that he has no knowledge of aliens or UFOs and if anyone had knowledge of such a thing it sure as heck would be Elon Musk.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, even the christian god screwed up and had to flood the earth and start over.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
While I don’t deny there might be life on other planets.

I am skeptical that the only place with ufos is the US.  Shouldn’t there be sites in other countries along with bodies?

Hell, a woman doing inappropriate things on a beach gets blasted across the internet but for some reason no one has ever posted legit proof of aliens.
View Quote

the excerpt from the op specifically talked about the cias involvement being getting in to countries where we would normally have a hard time...
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Considering the number of tourists who somehow manage to drive thousands of miles across the country and then total some poor bastard driving to work...it's not all that surprising. Maybe they come from the intergalactic equivalent of Texas?
View Quote

I read the article, there was no mention of possible homosexuality among the aliens?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Call me a skeptic, but bullshit.

Has anyone here ever seen photos or video of the site of crashed aircraft?  Cleaning up a UFO crash site would be an incredibly complex operation requiring tons of trucks and heavy equipment along with hundreds of individuals.  I can't imagine how anyone could keep the site itself and then the transportation of wreckage concealed.  The clean up of the site would take months before they'd feel comfortable enough to let people just have access to it.  

Hell, remember the missing F-35 from a few months ago?  Look what went into that operation.   This UFO shit is all bullshit to draw attention away from actual issues of great concern.  Just more bread and circus for the low information American voters to consume.  

I believe Elon Musk when he says that he has no knowledge of aliens or UFOs and if anyone had knowledge of such a thing it sure as heck would be Elon Musk.
View Quote

Tons of trucks and heavy equipment to  clean up a Volkswagen sized crash?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
UFOs are real. That much I can personally say is true. Aliens, I'm not 100% sure about (myself excepted of course), but it's the more practical explanation for how/why there are silent aircraft that are able to fit around unimpeded and with the performance and characteristics that they have.

I saw what was clearly a saucer-ish shaped UFO when I was a kid . After that, stuff about alien abductions and UFOs scared the ever loving shit out of me in my adolescent years because of what I had seen.
View Quote

Username is suspicious...
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I believe UFOs are real.

I also know 100% that our government routinely lies to us to a point that they cannot communicate WITHOUT lying. Its just a distraction.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's possible.  I'd imagine traveling vast distances of space takes some complex shit. Complicated shit means more things that need to be perfect or shit fails. Also if a dozen have crashed over decades we may be being visited by thousands per year which is a pretty good track record.

Not saying I believe that .  I think this is all psyop. a foreign world threat is the best way to usher in a one world government and prop up military spending.  If you notice wars aren't so easy to sell now.  Too easy for people to get information that isn't propaganda. Also if government really wanted this secret it wouldn't have been leaked.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is pretty accurate.

When it comes to the government there is definitely a threshold with classified material and how its treated. I'm not speaking terms of stuff labeled secret/top secret or even TS SCI which are all strikingly pretty common.  
If its something as sensitive as this topic is and they want to keep a secret then they are more than capable of doing it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

the excerpt from the op specifically talked about the cias involvement being getting in to countries where we would normally have a hard time...
View Quote

The 4477th needed parts.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#29]
NUNHOOMAN REMANES?  like...

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Exactly.

In truth, it’s just the evolution of AI traveling back in time to study its creators.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exactly.

My favorite documentary on the subject. We need to close the flying saucer gap!!!

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe this is a really long way and a very dangerous mission.  It is like saying, if the US Military really had the capability to fly stealth helicopters into Bin Ladens Compound and shoot him in the face, they wouldn't crash one of the choppers...Shit Happens.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#32]
The universe is endless, there are likely trillions of planets out there, mathematically it’s impossible that there’s not other life out there, thus aliens exist, it’s not a mystery, they exist.

Have they been here ? Hell if I know, but if 1000 gigantic Independence Day sized alien ships appeared over earth cities a hour from now, I’d not be surprised space aliens exist,  I’d be surprised those huge ships showed up, but not the aliens themselves.

It’s just strange to me that as humans the vast majority of our species cannot use their brains to form their own facts / possibilities using clues or probability, and must have absolute proof placed in front of their faces to believe something, as “ it’s crazy “ you to suggest something without absolute proof.

Space aliens, voter fraud, both parties work together to protect each other and fuck you,  government corruption and incompetence, etc, it’s obvious as fuck if your paying attention. Yes many won’t believe it, unless the president admits it on live tv, AND every tv talking head agrees with them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]
The Daily Mail, ROFLMAO!  A cross between the National Enquirer, EPOC Times and Loonie tunes.  Have they ever verified the Bat Boy yet?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

is it really that far fetched though?

look at everything the human race has done over the past 50 years and how quickly advancements are made.
Right now the cell phone you text from has exponentially more computing power than the computer that was used to put a man on the moon.

A computer you buy today will be out dated in 2-3 years.

yet with all our technology and advancements we have made there are still 19,937 car accidents in the US every single day because of operator error.

look at the human race in 100 years, now imagine we have figured out interstellar travel and 5% of the people in the world can afford to purchase a vehicle capable of it.
Now all of a sudden 9 crashes over the course of a few decades does not seem all that unreasonable.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#35]
"Surfing with the alien"
Best at 1.5x playback
Surfing with the Alien - Joe Satriani - Wentworth Gallery Hard Rock Hotel - Hollywood, FL 9-8-23
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's possible.  I'd imagine traveling vast distances of space takes some complex shit. Complicated shit means more things that need to be perfect or shit fails. Also if a dozen have crashed over decades we may be being visited by thousands per year which is a pretty good track record.

Not saying I believe that .  I think this is all psyop. a foreign world threat is the best way to usher in a one world government and prop up military spending.  If you notice wars aren't so easy to sell now.  Too easy for people to get information that isn't propaganda. Also if government really wanted this secret it wouldn't have been leaked.  
View Quote

I'm willing to believe there are or have been 100s of millions of civilizations in our galaxy alone that meet or exceed human levels of intelligence. Making the jump from that to existing at the same time as us, detecting us (our signals have only been put out for 100 years or so), deciding we are interesting enough to visit and having the technology to do so, remain completely unannounced and unseen by billions of cameras, somehow crash and still remain in total secrecy...

Yeah anonymous source with no evidence seals the deal on it all being real.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#37]

I hope they look like this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#38]
So the US CIA has the monopoly and dibs on every and all alien spacecraft?

Even if a UFO crashes in the middle of China, the CIA not only knows first but is on scene and removing it before the Chinese government has a clue.

Yeah…the needle my BS detector just flew off the scale.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Space aliens, voter fraud, both parties work together to protect each other and fuck you,  government corruption and incompetence, etc, it’s obvious as fuck if your paying attention. Yes many won’t believe it, unless the president admits it on live tv, AND every tv talking head agrees with them.
View Quote

space aliens actually visiting us is a far stretch from people cheating when money and power is involved or the government being corrupt.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

is it really that far fetched though?

look at everything the human race has done over the past 50 years and how quickly advancements are made.
Right now the cell phone you text from has exponentially more computing power than the computer that was used to put a man on the moon.

A computer you buy today will be out dated in 2-3 years.

yet with all our technology and advancements we have made there are still 19,937 car accidents in the US every single day because of operator error.

look at the human race in 100 years, now imagine we have figured out interstellar travel and 5% of the people in the world can afford to purchase a vehicle capable of it.
Now all of a sudden 9 crashes over the course of a few decades does not seem all that unreasonable.
View Quote

if it was that common there wouldn't be much debate on their existence.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're mostly kids joy riding, ignoring the no fly zone in place around the Earth and its Solar system.

Of course they're going to crash - they're young and dumb and full of bravado...
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
CIA is capable of nullifying alien stealth technology, but we had a rough go in Afghanistan.
View Quote
Not saying aliens are real but I don't think the goal of our wars is to win them.  But to keep the flow of trillions of dollars for the military industrial complex.  If we just use our overwhelming weaponry to kill our enemies then there won't be any long wars to fight to make people rich on our tax money
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You presuppose that aliens wouldn't have accidents, QC issues, or make mistakes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

And why do you feel the need to run GD?

Sorry,  but lots of stuff flows over, if you don’t want to participate then don’t, or become a mod yourself.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nine crashes? Who's gonna believe an alien race can't navigate a blue ball and crashes into it, nine times!!
View Quote
It could have been intentional. You do realize that the US and other countries routinely "crash" drones or probes once they have completed their mission. Including crashing them on other planets in our solar system.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tons of trucks and heavy equipment to  clean up a Volkswagen sized crash?
View Quote

Again, did you see what went into the recovery and clean up of the F-35 earlier this year? Yeah, a ton of trucks, heavy equipment, and people invovled. It's not an auto accident clean-up.  

When you have something that falls from the sky pieces of it tend to go pretty deep into the soil and is a pain to recover, especially if its a "hazmat" style site.  

Plus, if they had issues determing the crash site location of the F-35, just how easy would it be to determine the crash site location of a UFO from space?  Come on, that's a Hell of an operation not AAA towing your wife's car after it breaks down.

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#50]
What's harder to believe: a technologically advanced craft capable of traveling to our orbiting rock manages to crash here or some man-made bullshit story?
Secret agents within a secret department that's secret from all other secret agents within the secret agency has evidence that you can't see.
Want to believe, but.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top