BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Bush says to Automakers...go fly a kite  

They couldn't build a kite right either.

They could build one, but according to union rules you need at least 8 guys making $75/hour to produce it to spec.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking for a new car back in 2000 and none of the Japanese cars had the amount of performance I wanted at the time. I went with a Ford Crown Vic and overall, it hasn't been a bad car at all. With my mods, I am running high 14s in the 1/4 mile naturally aspirated. I know there are Japanese cars that are lighter and have more horsepower than what I have now, which means better performance.

However, I have come to the conclusion that for a daily driver, all you really need is a car that is capable of mid to high 14sand can get the highest gas mileage possible. Anything faster is a waste, and anything slower will not fare very well in tactical situations. A Corvette Z06 or Charger SRT-8 are "fun" cars, cars that you know make gobs of power, but doesn't necessarily make a great year-round daily driver. A Kia or Hyundai might make a good daily driver for gas mileage reasons but if you need to go fast, you're SOL.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top