User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Two snares are set through where the bunnies like to run. I'd set more, but the neighbors may get upset.

Two enough or set more?

Two should be plenty, but I don't think you'll find any bunnys in the AM.  
Maybe some bloody snares...

Not working right now so I will pull the nightshift.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I need some encouragement to make some new snares, and I've already started drinking today. Am I going to Hell for this?

You wont go to hell if you come through with it for us!!!!!

Allright, fuck it I'm foing.

Tag for AAR!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tagged for owl sightings.

Man I'm really impressed by this owl thing. I thought owls just kept people from polluting the woods.

No, they're pretty impressive critters.  The Great Horned Owls down here make dogs tuck tail and herd you back into the house, whining the whole way.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Our cat leaves us bunnies on the porch about every two weeks.

ETA if you have a burrow around, I've heard you can use nice thorny blackberry vines to "roto rooter" them out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I need some encouragement to make some new snares, and I've already started drinking today. Am I going to Hell for this?

Allright, fuck it I'm foing in.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
wow this totally sounds like the remains of a rabbit that has been decimated by a holy handgrenade.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran over a whole nest of rabbits while running a bushhog.
There was a patch of grass about 4' in diameter that was nothing but blood and fur
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well whatever doesn't get eaten by the owl will be eaten for dinner
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Owl

Ah, that's weird you say that my neighbor across the street is a biologist and he spotted some sort of rare owl near the crime scene a few months back. He said they were from near the Dakotas and migrating down. We do have lots of hawks in the area as well, but this happened at night, I see the hawks hunt in the day.

ETA: I didn't know owls were such bad asses

I was at work over the winter and we heard this incredible death shrill
Looked out the window and an owl had hit a hare and was carrying it off.  After that I had a new respect for owls
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if it is legal to snare rabbits on your own land in IL?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
What about the Tasmanian devil...he will eat anything especially rabbits
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Have a trail cam? Or know someone that does? I would tie the rabbit to a stake in the ground and set up a trailcam to capture it all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
lawn mower

A mulching blade leaves nothing.

Its like the bunny was never there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Black crap?  Probably a 'yote.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Any action???
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
It might have been this:

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I really wish I would have taken a pic before I scooped it up this morning, but I failed. Where I live we have a ridiculous amount of rabbits. Wife tells me this morning she see's a rabbit's leg in the front yard covered in ants. I look a little further into the yar, find another hind leg, both legs still have a little meat on them and there is some fur around the other leg and a big pile of black shit that I didn't recognize from ever cleaning a rabbit. Not even the head was left.

Coyote?

Devil Worshipers?

Feral Cat?

You have uncovered one of the great secrets of the world. The fur used by furries for their costumes doesn't grow on trees, it grows on bunnies! There's a furry somewhere near you that's wearing your bunny now.

Consider yourself warned!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Any action???

empty snares
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You know in summer time rabbits have worms, the worms normally die after the first frost.  Just an FYI if your planning on eating them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I ran over a whole nest of rabbits while running a bushhog.
There was a patch of grass about 4' in diameter that was nothing but blood and fur

running shit over with bush hogs can get very interesting can't it
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Revenge of Jimmy Carter.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#22]
MY CAT LOVES THE TASE OF WABITTS. WE HAD LOTS OF THEM BEFORE WE GOT OUR CAT. ITS VERY RARE TO SEE EVEN ONE NOW.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allright, fuck it I'm in foing.

Corrected for proper response.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#24]
The Canadian footjacker; call in the Mounties ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Unless someone tells me it's evil, I'm gonna snare one tonight. I wanna see what eats it

I wouldn't with my luck I'd snare a neighbor kid that would panic and die of a heart attack or I'd snare some wild engandered thing and end up in prison because some wild life org was following it and saw my snare get it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#26]
fox
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know in summer time rabbits have worms, the worms normally die after the first frost.  Just an FYI if your planning on eating them.

That's why rabbit season is in winter Can't really eat them in the Summer unless they are frozen in the freezer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Coyote?

Devil Worshipers?

Feral Cat?

Nope, that my friend is the work of Al Qaeda.  RUN!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Patiently awaiting AAR.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What's AAR?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why rabbit season is in winter Can't really eat them in the Summer unless they are frozen in the freezer.

Yeah, one year I shot so many I was still eating then BBQ'd on the 4th of Julyby then I was pretty sick of em.  But my new Benneli M1 got work out that year
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's AAR?

A fter A ction R eport
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#33]
It's so obvious who did it, Elmer Fudd!

Maybe he found a silencer for his blunderbuss, that's why you didn't hear him.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allright, fuck it I'm doing.

ftfy

TXL
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#35]
maybe someone was baiting vultures

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#36]
It has taken so long for the results I got bored and bought a membership so I can find this thread...

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Any Germans in your neighborhood?

German Police Hunt Bunny Murderer

4:27pm UK, Wednesday July 09, 2008

Greg Milam, Europe correspondent

Police in Germany admit they are baffled by the beheading of more than forty pet rabbits.

Killing spree is one of Germany's worst episodes of animal cruelty

The bunny killing spree started last summer but has gathered pace in the last few weeks and is now regarded as one of the country's worst episodes of animal cruelty.

Once beheaded the animals are often bled dry and the blood taken away, leading police to suspect there could be a satanic or occult connection to the killings.

A taskforce of five officers has interviewed more than 300 people in the search for the killer.

The 'bunny murders' have alarmed owners living around the city of Dortmund who have now offered a £2000 reward to catch the killer.

In one case, brother and sister rabbits Fussel and Marianne were dragged from their cage, decapitated, bled dry and their bodies left for their owners to find the next morning.

A spokesman for Dortmund police told Sky News: "We are no nearer to understanding why anyone would want to do this."

Police even believe it is possible the killer could be using satellite images from Google Earth to identify potential targets.

Sabine Reide, who runs a group which monitors religious sects, believes the killers could be satanists collecting blood for a ritual.

Whatever the motive, rabbit owners are now going to extreme lengths to protect their pets, installing new security equipment and keeping their location secret.

Volker Schutte, police spokesman for the Witten district, said: "The person must have a very good knowledge of the area.

"It's not like after the war when everyone had a rabbit in the backyard. They aren't that easy to find and many of the cages can't be seen from the road."

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It might have been this:

newsbusters.org/static/2007/11/2007-11-05Rosie.jpg

Not likely; there were peices of uneaten remains at the scene.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
It's the ATF, they're fucking with you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmm, no AAR, how about a sitrep on how its going?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a few Northern Harriers (Hawks) come in every Spring, I start finding little piles of fur and/or feathers all over which tells me they are back, and when they are activley hunting it is very quiet in the Hood.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Any word??
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Hmmm, I bet the bunnies starved by now...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#44]
OK, who's got the ban hammer...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top