User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2007 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump.

Do threads drop off a forum if they are not replied to for a period of time?  I don't see a page 3 so I am just curious.  We are going to finish our paneling and then i'll get some more pics.   I need to figure out which wall our guns will go on.... and how they will be mounted.

Yes I know we should have a fire proof safe instead.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2007 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bump.

Do threads drop off a forum if they are not replied to for a period of time?  I don't see a page 3 so I am just curious.

IIRC, I think they go to the archives (accessible only by team members) after 30 days of no replies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2007 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]

We didnt feel like hanging sheetrock, so we bought a cheap ammo net...

Old Kitchen cabinets will be used somewhere... great ammo storage I guess.

A bench will be here...

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody have any opinions where to mount the guns at?  Which wall?  Im guessing we'll have a setup like the pictures on the first page.  Free standing on one of the walls, most likely on one of the walls that has cement behind it.  Apprx. 15-20 rifles.

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Looking good! Keep 'em comin!

(just started on my "new" space.  digging out the crawlspace....fun, fun, fun.)
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
All these ideas are nice but not quite as secure as they could be.

For a relatively simple way to add a secure room to a basement, check out Block Joist System Floors and Safe Room Design

Just add one of these big steel doors to the room.

Safe and secure......even if the house collapses on it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gun rooms are nice but only if they are fire proof.  If they are not, you are wasting your time and money !!!
Bullshit.  None of the rooms are a waste of time or money.

Owning more than three guns is a waste of time and money.  Let's hear it for wasting time and money!
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
You all can say we are wasting time and money but the time that I've spent building this basement w/ my Father has been great.  

I want this room to look like a Mini Cabelas when we are done w/ it...  
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Fire suppression system!!!

Weather it is a stand alone CO2 unit, or water whole house.  You insurance goes down, value of house goes up,
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh Man, I am going to make one of those with the POOL table and a hidden door for htat, It was a great Idea you just gave me when i do a house search in two years from now ...
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice job.
That's another reason why I'm going to get a basement when I purchase my next house.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
some pretty cool stuff!

I'm looking for some ideas for my new home...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top