Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Just signed up to give monthly donations because of that ad.

Major league ownage.

Edit: Speaking of ownage, I own page 3!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We need more brutal.

Patience Grasshopper.  It's going to be a long haul before the general election.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if i was mcCain..

my first question at the first debate would be...

senator obama.. have you any spare CHANGE?

digg.com/people/Spare_Change_Hilarious_Clever_Panhandling_Signs_%5BPics%5D/p.jpg

McCain has allready used that angle...

'You can't pay your mortgage with Change'
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
bwuahahaha...love it.  we need much, much more of those ads on prime time TV

No kidding. All "election season" I've seen one add for a Republican. That was Huck back in the primaries, Hillary/Obama adds everywhere though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please, like there is any job in the world that can prepare you for the presidency.

How much experience did Obama have running a presidential campaign?
How much experience do the Clintons have?

He sure seems to have brought something to the table there.

There are plenty of substantial things to gripe about, can't we talk about those?

There are plenty of jobs that can help you prepare for the presidency:

Vice-president
Governor
Mayor of a large city - NYC has a larger police force than many nations' militaries and a larger budget
Cabinet positions with major domestic or foreign policy implications like Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Director of OMB
White House Chief of Staff
Senate and House Chairmen with prominent committees - Intelligence, Ways and Means/Finance
Senior military - generals/admirals

I could go on and on... but here is a clue, Illinois state legislature and 1/3 of a term in the US senate with half of that running for president is NOT experienced enough.

With the possible exception of Sec of State none of those prepare you for the presidency any more than mowing lawns prepares you for agricultural engineering. The civil, military and foreign demands don't have a close second. Even the VP is more a Senator than an executive. I mean, he gets to run the Smithsonian Institute - wow!

Besides, it's not like being a legislator translates into being an executive. We haven't elected a Congressman as president for years for just that reason. So that puts McCain and Obama in pretty much the same boat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is but a glimpse of the terror the RNC will unleash upon Obama.

Thunderdome 2008. "Two men enter; one man leaves!!"

Unless that asshat McCain tells them NOT to.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please, like there is any job in the world that can prepare you for the presidency.

There are plenty of substantial things to gripe about, can't we talk about those?

Vice-president
Governor
Mayor of a large city - NYC has a larger police force than many nations' militaries and a larger budget
Cabinet positions with major domestic or foreign policy implications like Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Director of OMB
Senate and House Chairmen with prominent committees - Intelligence, Ways and Means/Finance

I could go on and on... but here is a clue, Illinois state legislature and 1/3 of a term in the US senate with half of that running for president is NOT experienced enough.

He was also a Community Organizer in the toughest parts of Chicago.

And he also hung out with Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk rock performance poets.

Oh, and he's Black too.

Actually, he's only half black, which means he's only HALF qualified for the position.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Halfrican American.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vice-president
Governor

With the possible exception of Sec of State none of those prepare you for the presidency any more than mowing lawns prepares you for agricultural engineering. The civil, military and foreign demands don't have a close second. Even the VP is more a Senator than an executive. I mean, he gets to run the Smithsonian Institute - wow!

Besides, it's not like being a legislator translates into being an executive. We haven't elected a Congressman as president for years for just that reason. So that puts McCain and Obama in pretty much the same boat.

Put down the fucking crackpipe.  You just made the most ignorant statement you have probably ever made on this or any other board in interwebz history.  We got it, you have a hard-on to see that any Republican loses at any cost.  Whether that means you are pimping for Paul to be a spoiler... or whoring for Obama.  We get it.  Just save your fucking bullshit.

I'm always amazed by your total inability to have an intelligent conversation.
I'm not voting for Paul or Obama so my "fucking bullshit" is just you showing your baseless ASSumptions.

The clueless are so easy to lead. The PARTY thanks you for your unconditional support.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vice-president
Governor

How about being an officer in the United States Navy?  Does that qualify John McCain over Barrack in terms of experience working with and leading the United States Military in a time of war as Commander-in-Chief?  How about LENGTH OF SERVICE in the legislature?  Do you think McCain will have a more reasonable and realistic approach as leader of the executive branch when working with the legislative branch?  

All Barrack has done is beat the inner-city victimhood drum his whole life.  He beat it loud enough that he managed to be elected to represent the epicenter of said victimhood.  How exactly does that qualify him to be anything but a slick-talking opportunist whose only campaign slogan is "change" and the very "unity" he spent his whole previous adult life blocking with the willful dissemination of ignorance for personal gain.

I will vote McCain.  The choice is clear.  I do not like all his policies, and I abhor some of them.  If I agreed with everything he said I would be less inclined to vote for him.  It would mean he is willfully lying to get my vote, and ignoring the political realities of the day.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Nope, they are in the SAME boat!  Just ask Jonas.  Twenty years in Congress is the same as two years where you haven't even been there for half of that because you were campaigning.  Even if he was there, he has a track record for voting present/abstaining on anything controversial so he could be all things to all people.  Talking to General Clark is the SAME as having graduated from Annapolis, served in combat, spent 5.5 years as a POW and then STAYING in the military when he could have gotten a medical discharge had he wanted one.  I mean, come on... they are EQUALLY qualified for the job... just ask Jonas!  Working hand in hand with presidents of BOTH parties for decades is the SAME as spending two years in the Senate complaining about everything Bush has ever done.  

And ANYBODY who doesn't think Barack is EQUALLY qualified is a racist damn it!  Hell, if you don't think he is MORE qualified than you are a double dirty dog racist!

Lol, my bad!   GOBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   experience 4 teh WIN!111!!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vice-president
Governor

How about being an officer in the United States Navy?  Does that qualify John McCain over Barrack in terms of experience working with and leading the United States Military in a time of war as Commander-in-Chief?  How about LENGTH OF SERVICE in the legislature?  Do you think McCain will have a more reasonable and realistic approach as leader of the executive branch when working with the legislative branch?  

All Barrack has done is beat the inner-city victimhood drum his whole life.  He beat it loud enough that he managed to be elected to represent the epicenter of said victimhood.  How exactly does that qualify him to be anything but a slick-talking opportunist whose only campaign slogan is "change" and the very "unity" he spent his whole previous adult life blocking with the willful dissemination of ignorance for personal gain.

I will vote McCain.  The choice is clear.  I do not like all his policies, and I abhor some of them.  If I agreed with everything he said I would be less inclined to vote for him.  It would mean he is willfully lying to get my vote, and ignoring the political realities of the day.  

Nope, they are in the SAME boat!  Just ask Jonas.  Twenty years in Congress is the same as two years where you haven't even been there for half of that because you were campaigning.  Even if he was there, he has a track record for voting present/abstaining on anything controversial so he could be all things to all people.  Talking to General Clark is the SAME as having graduated from Annapolis, served in combat, spent 5.5 years as a POW and then STAYING in the military when he could have gotten a medical discharge had he wanted one.  I mean, come on... they are EQUALLY qualified for the job... just ask Jonas!  Working hand in hand with presidents of BOTH parties for decades is the SAME as spending two years in the Senate complaining about everything Bush has ever done.  

And ANYBODY who doesn't think Barack is EQUALLY qualified is a racist damn it!  Hell, if you don't think he is MORE qualified than you are a double dirty dog racist!

Bustin, being an officer in the Navy certainly looks good on his resume, but there are plenty of retired Navy captains and more than a few admirals running around, military service doesn't oblige me to vote for him.

Hiram, I've never questioned that he gave for his country, that he gave more than most people ever would. I will honor him for that, but that doesn't mean I have to vote for him.  The fact that you're implying that I've disparaged his military record is blatant intellectual dishonesty. Being a POW is a tremendous test of courage and faith, and it prepares you to be president... how?

If Obama is an opportunist then file him under anyone that's ever won an election. I don't buy the snake oil he's selling anymore than I buy the endless smoke and mirrors of the GOP. I personally don't give a rat's ass if he's black or half black or half white or layered like a god damn cake - I don't like what he stands for and I'm not going to vote for him. Try to work it into that iron ensconced brain that there are more than two options.

But if the GOP wants to win this election they need to find something to run on other than 'OUR GUY IS OLD! AND HE'S NOT A D-." The way I see it, the GOP is running the same platform that the Dems did in 2004, how well did that work out for them?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Jonas, I never said it obliged anyone to vote for him.  I was mearly pointing out that your statement that McCain and Obama are equally qualified because of a lack of experience is patently false.  And I do think past performance and job type matters.  It is not a small little issue.  

I voted for a far different set of values than McCains in the primary.  I now only have two choices that have a remote chance.  One of the two will make it.  McCain is not even comparable as a lesser of two evils.  He is downright BAD ASS next to the pile of crap named Obama.  Go ahead and make your silly unrealistic and self-centered protest vote.  I hope it makes you "feel" better and more "empowered".  The primaries are the time for voting your ideals.  The general election is time to vote reality.  Reality says McCain for all his faults is miles above Obama.  

P.S. please spare me the "party" crap and saying I am a party line follower.  And in politics their will always be smoke and mirrors on all sides.  Always has been.  Once you get over your idealism you will understand this.  I was once the same way.    
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
in the meanwhile, you can get it out there by emailing the youtube link to friends and family.  The beauty is we no longer have to rely upon expensive advertising.  More and more people get their news on-line... its why circulation of printed newspapers is on a major decline.  

Decades of incessant liberal bullshit is the reason the major print outlets are in decline.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
in the meanwhile, you can get it out there by emailing the youtube link to friends and family.  The beauty is we no longer have to rely upon expensive advertising.  More and more people get their news on-line... its why circulation of printed newspapers is on a major decline.  

Decades of incessant liberal bullshit is the reason the major print outlets are in decline.

would that be why conservative papers have lower circulation as well?  It is across the board.  And if most of America is comprised of mindless fools that drink the kool-aid as many here assert, why would a liberal bias in the news matter.  No, its more than that.  The prevalence of 24 hour news channels, the popularity of talk radio, our on the go lifestyle, and free access to news on the web versus paying for it daily all contribute to the decline of the print media.  The fact is, while I love the feel of a newspaper in hand, it is not nearly as convenient as the web... and no newsprint fingers!

And the newspaper is 2 day old information...
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bustin, being an officer in the Navy certainly looks good on his resume, but there are plenty of retired Navy captains and more than a few admirals running around, military service doesn't oblige me to vote for him.

Just drop it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#25]
That's frickin' brilliant!  This is going to be one hell of an election!

-James
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vice-president
Governor

All Barrack has done is beat the inner-city victimhood drum his whole life.  He beat it loud enough that he managed to be elected annointed by default to represent the epicenter of said victimhood.  How exactly does that qualify him to be anything but a slick-talking opportunist whose only campaign slogan is "change" and the very "unity" he spent his whole previous adult life blocking with the willful dissemination of ignorance for personal gain.

fixed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top