Burning my marshmallows?

Ed
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Did Arthur Brown go Cat Stevens?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Bacon, bacon is the answer.

From now on, all explosives should include bacon.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Died doing what he loved.
View Quote
If he died doing what he loved there would be a goat in the picture.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Ramadanbombathon.com domain is available
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  If he died doing what he loved there would be a goat in the picture.
View Quote
If you're cooking the goat @ the same time you're playing w/ it, then you're playing w/ your food, and everyone knows that's not allowed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like he opened the door to hell.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Died doing what he loved.
View Quote
I don't see a goat.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anybody else see the photo and think of this photo?
http://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/2011/12/explosion_mini.jpg
View Quote
What is that?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure this is true. Report I read said they shot him to death, after they forced him to detonate the bomb. Then, he lay there for hours until they could make sure he had no other bombs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure this is true. Report I read said they shot him to death, after they forced him to detonate the bomb. Then, he lay there for hours until they could make sure he had no other bombs.
View Quote
FNC for the win?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
According to reports the device did not function as intended. I.e. fizzle instead of kaboom

The guns of the Belgian security forces however did function.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
According to reports the device did not function as intended. I.e. fizzle instead of kaboom

The guns of the Belgian security forces however did function.  
View Quote
Same thing happened here in 2010. The bomb only killed the suicide bomber. He died slowly after the bomb detonated and ripped his stomach open.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:34:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is that?
Nuclear blast captured at ignition.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe not that specific photo, but those types of photos, yeah, I did.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:59:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Picture is not of the bomber as such, but his trolley. He arrived at 2030. Trolleycase with him, and a backpack on him. He descended the 'big stairs', the main lobby of the station. He activated the trolley, pushed it from him, while shouting the usual. The main charge didn't go off, only the primary burned up. No word yet as of the correct content of the trolley. He then descended to -2, platforms 2 and 3, walked around, and came back up the stairs, where he was stopped by Belgian military personnel. Permanently. Backpack was neutralised at around 2225 by EOD, said to contain "explosives, metal components"

My CSM was there. Talked to him a bit that morning about how his TDY was going, how he's handling the heat, etc. He left with "off now, today is Grand Central". He was not on patrol the exact moment, but QRF at the time.

I spend a day at that particular Shield myself, it's a right nightmare. The main lobby has the ticket booths and the big screen with arrival and departure times, an exit to the Subway lines, and a massive staircase that goes to level -1 to the train platforms. At the bottom of the stairs you have a big gallery, with lots of massive pillars, corners, blind spots, stores, and all the various exits to the side streets. Knowing how busy it can be (imagine those stairs just packed shoulder to shoulder, constantly, from about 1500-1800...), I can only say one thing. Lucky. Again. At Zaventem they only took 3 bags instead of the 4 they had, and the most powerfull didn't explode. On the subway at Maelbeek, the car wasn't full. Now, at Brussels station, he arrived very late instead of during peak rushhour, and again malfunction.

Here you can see the stairs, the small picture shows the beginning of the gallery where he detonated the trolley.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:00:41 AM EDT
[#19]
...continued

I can only say this. Knowing I have been there, and knowing that next week I'm actually starting another rotation, I wish I'd been there...Shooter was a member of the 'Chasseurs Ardennais", Medium Infantry Bn based in the Ardennes forest area. More info on that unit HERE Scuttlebut has it two in the X one in the Y. Hard men.

Perp was a 37 yo male from Molenbeek, Brussels.

Strong similarities between the Zaventem/Maelbeek devices and the one he tried to use. Suggest that it's possible the same bombmaker is still active.

More to follow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...continued

I can only say this. Knowing I have been there, and knowing that next week I'm actually starting another rotation, I wish I'd been there...Shooter was a member of the 'Chasseurs Ardennais", Medium Infantry Bn based in the Ardennes forest area. More info on that unit HERE Scuttlebut has it two in the X one in the Y. Hard men.

Strong similarities between the Zaventem/Maelbeek devices and the one he tried to use. Suggest that it's possible the same bombmaker is still active.

More to follow.
View Quote
Molenbeek.  What a shock.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:08:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fucking flamer.
View Quote
thursday night came early for him
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#22]
@janwynants thanks for the update.  

Stay safe during your next rotation and keep your head on a damn swivel man.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:46:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Molenbeek.  What a shock.
View Quote
Indeed. This is my surprised face.

Also he wasn't listed as a possible terrorism suspect or radicalised person, but he was known to the police because of previous convictions for vice.

Again, my surprised face.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...continued

More to follow.
View Quote
That clarifies a lot, thanks and be safe.  So it sounds like you folks are mobilized in the city 24/7 then?  That explains the quick response.  Well done by all involved.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That clarifies a lot, thanks and be safe.  So it sounds like you folks are mobilized in the city 24/7 then?  That explains the quick response.  Well done by all involved.
View Quote
OVG (Operation Vigilant Guardian) started Januari 16th 2015 (in response to the Paris attacks of Januari 7/8/9). It's an augmentation of the Federal Police, with a mandate to intervene during terrorism. Beginning with 150 pax, we're now up to 1800. You could compare it to the Vigipirate patrols of the French.

Deployment is in several big cities (not just Brussels), subway, airport, and some other installations. And that is about as far as I'll go with info ;)

Response of the public has been very positive. Apart from faceshooting the odd terrorist, petty crime dropped to almost nothing where the military is deployed. Which is nice.

I will say it's a disruption of the training shedule for sure. Some of us have done 240 days in 2 years so far.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Picture is not of the bomber as such, but his trolley. He arrived at 2030. Trolleycase with him, and a backpack on him. He descended the 'big stairs', the main lobby of the station. He activated the trolley, pushed it from him, while shouting the usual. The main charge didn't go off, only the primary burned up. No word yet as of the correct content of the trolley. He then descended to -2, platforms 2 and 3, walked around, and came back up the stairs, where he was stopped by Belgian military personnel. Permanently. Backpack was neutralised at around 2225 by EOD, said to contain "explosives, metal components"

My CSM was there. Talked to him a bit that morning about how his TDY was going, how he's handling the heat, etc. He left with "off now, today is Grand Central". He was not on patrol the exact moment, but QRF at the time.

I spend a day at that particular Shield myself, it's a right nightmare. The main lobby has the ticket booths and the big screen with arrival and departure times, an exit to the Subway lines, and a massive staircase that goes to level -1 to the train platforms. At the bottom of the stairs you have a big gallery, with lots of massive pillars, corners, blind spots, stores, and all the various exits to the side streets. Knowing how busy it can be (imagine those stairs just packed shoulder to shoulder, constantly, from about 1500-1800...), I can only say one thing. Lucky. Again. At Zaventem they only took 3 bags instead of the 4 they had, and the most powerfull didn't explode. On the subway at Maelbeek, the car wasn't full. Now, at Brussels station, he arrived very late instead of during peak rushhour, and again malfunction.

Here you can see the stairs, the small picture shows the beginning of the gallery where he detonated the trolley.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2n8vow.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for the update! Arfcom is really the best place to get news.

You guys sure were lucky on this one, could have been a real shitshow with better recon/planning/devices. Good luck!
Good thing about Beglian security from what I have seen is that they are at least carrying guns in rifle calibers while here it's mostly pistol caliber subguns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update! Arfcom is really the best place to get news.

You guys sure were lucky on this one, could have been a real shitshow with better recon/planning/devices. Good luck!
Good thing about Beglian security from what I have seen is that they are at least carrying guns in rifle calibers while here it's mostly pistol caliber subguns.
View Quote
Military carries FN FNC or SCAR in 5.56, and the FN 5.7 as sidearm. Policeunits will respond with SMG's, except DGSU who also rock the SCAR.

For a short while we actually carried the Minimi (SAW for you Americans), but they told us to stop doing that. Now that's a shame
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks janwynants, and yes Iggy1337, arfcom is a really good place to get this kind of information from. People in the know/involved seem to lurk here a lot. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm confused. Help me out here- which Brussels attack was this? I can't keep them straight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Assuming you're not joking, basically this is what happened:

Pre the Paris attacks, Brussels was a safe haven for terrorists. Large Muslim population to hide in, ineffective law enforcement, easy to get cars, safehouses, weapons,.... They usually left Belgium alone, not to foul their own nest so to speak. There were attacks, such as the 24 may 2014 killing of 4 at the attack on a Jewish museum in Brussels. There was ICOM chatter from various terrorist groups disapproving of this attack, because they feared the Belgian government would do something. Ofcourse, they didn't have to worry about our ineffective government actually doing anyting...

7/8/9 january 2015 (Paris) there was the attack at Charlie Hebdo and several other shootings. 17 dead, 22 injured.
13 november 2015 (Paris) SBIED's at the football stadium in Saint-Denis and the Bataclan shooting. 130 dead, 368 injured.

Surviving members of these cells fled to Belgium and hid in various safehouses in Brussels. Well, when I say "hid", I mean "lived openly amongst the local populace who knew who they were and what they had done"...

15/18 march 2016 (Brussels) Belgian Police raid the remaining terrorist cells in Vorst and Molembeek, comprised of various terrorists that participated in the Paris attack of 2015.. This is in response to pressure from France 'get them or we will get them for you'. Telling is that in the initial raid, 1 French police officer was present during the raid, and wounded. 1 Terrorist killed, 5 arrested.

This forces the remaining cells to "use them or lose them", either wait for the inevitable Police raid or use the cells for an attack.

22 march 2016 (Brussels) 2 SBIED's in Brussels national airport, 1 SBIED in Maelbeek subway station in Brussels. This is in direct response to the police raids of 15/18 march the previous week. 32 Dead.
20 june 2017 (Brussels) 1 SBIED in Brussels main train station. Gunman killed, no deaths.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Immediately.  The one you posted is 100,000 times cooler.  (Hotter?)
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a deflagration and not detonation.  Need mo bomb making training.  LOL.  A low order.  LOL.  He got fired.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Latest update:

He entered the station at 2039 with a trolley containing explosives, gas bottles and nails. He waited a bit, found a group, went to the middle, and started shouting the usual. The trolley didn't explode but caught fire. Everybody ran, including him. The trolley then exploded but still not completely.

He descended the stairs, ascended them, and walked towards the investigating soldiers shouting again. They put him down. No explosives found on his body.

Police ID'd him as Oussama Z., Moroccan national, living in Brussels.

Investigation is ongoing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Time travel?    The pic in the OP happened today 
View Quote
Oh. Ok. Thanks.

My story is from a *previous* Brussels bombing.

It is a sad story in and of itself when you have to clarify *which* Brussels (or Paris, or London, etc) attack we are talking about...

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#35]
What is the reason for so many Muslims from other countries being let into Belgium so that they could metastasize and become such a deadly cancer?  Belgium did not have any significant Muslim populations, if any at all, in its former colonies.  I get why they are in places like France and other countries that had colonies with Muslims, but not so much Belgium.  It struck me as odd when I first read that they had such a population a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Finally, an Alloha Snackbar pictured while properly consuming oxygen!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#37]
haha he went through all of that trouble to feel some fire and get filled with well-deserved shots

hope he's enjoying hell
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What is the reason for so many Muslims from other countries being let into Belgium so that they could metastasize and become such a deadly cancer?  Belgium did not have any significant Muslim populations, if any at all, in its former colonies.  I get why they are in places like France and other countries that had colonies with Muslims, but not so much Belgium.  It struck me as odd when I first read that they had such a population a few years ago.
View Quote
I can't possibly begin to try to explain everything that lead up to it, but in short, lots of immigrants want to make it to the UK, lots of them fail, and up staying in Belgium, discover you get free food, healthcare, housing, .... . They send for their family, the family comes, the next generation is born, they can't identify with the Belgian people, so they become isolated, they don't follow the rules, they are brought up in a modern Western society using middle eastern upbringing, and that clashes. They live in self-created ghetto's, and don't integrate at all.

Don't blame them. Blame our welfare state, our weakwilled politicians and the apathy of our nation as a whole.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Something was bothering him. Burning him up....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Give a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can't possibly begin to try to explain everything that lead up to it, but in short, lots of immigrants want to make it to the UK, lots of them fail, and up staying in Belgium, discover you get free food, healthcare, housing, .... . They send for their family, the family comes, the next generation is born, they can't identify with the Belgian people, so they because isolated, they don't follow the rules, they are brought up in a modern Western society using middle eastern upbringing, and that clashes.

Don't blame them. Blame our welfare state, our weakwilled politicians and the apathy of our nation as a whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't possibly begin to try to explain everything that lead up to it, but in short, lots of immigrants want to make it to the UK, lots of them fail, and up staying in Belgium, discover you get free food, healthcare, housing, .... . They send for their family, the family comes, the next generation is born, they can't identify with the Belgian people, so they because isolated, they don't follow the rules, they are brought up in a modern Western society using middle eastern upbringing, and that clashes.

I say blame them. If they want to keep to an antiquated, warmongering philosophy of raping, pillaging, enslaving and murder of those unlike themselves, tell them to fuck off and get out. Nothing is owed to them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

tell them to fuck off and get out.
View Quote
Can't. They have been given a Belgian passport. Where would you send them to?

Problem is, they vote for a major political party here in Belgium, the Socialists. The same political party that's been in power for most of our modern history, hollowing out institutions and promoting the wellfare state-idea. Because by importing more, they get more votes, and they get to keep their hand in the honeypot that's the political system in Belgium. The Socialists will wake up when there's suddenly an Islamic party and they go from 60% of the vote to about 10 in a heartbeat. Too late.

Any reform to the Consitution needed to do something like you propose, has zilch percent chance to pass into law.

I'm not opposing your idea, I'm just pointing out why it's not feasable.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did he suffer?

Please tell me he flopped around and screamed a lot after this.
View Quote
That would be a heartwarming story.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn Buddhist Monks at it again?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Say hi to Oussama Zariouh.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Labor shortage in the 60s and 70s,same thing that brought loads of Turks to Germany.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OVG (Operation Vigilant Guardian) started Januari 16th 2015 (in response to the Paris attacks of Januari 7/8/9). It's an augmentation of the Federal Police, with a mandate to intervene during terrorism. Beginning with 150 pax, we're now up to 1800. You could compare it to the Vigipirate patrols of the French.

Deployment is in several big cities (not just Brussels), subway, airport, and some other installations. And that is about as far as I'll go with info ;)

Response of the public has been very positive. Apart from faceshooting the odd terrorist, petty crime dropped to almost nothing where the military is deployed. Which is nice.

I will say it's a disruption of the training shedule for sure. Some of us have done 240 days in 2 years so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome info.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh. Ok. Thanks.

It is a sad story in and of itself when you have to clarify *which* Brussels (or Paris, or London, etc) attack we are talking about...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time travel?    The pic in the OP happened today 
Oh. Ok. Thanks.

It is a great story.  I was just joshin with you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Socialist votes
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top