User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pit bull needed to be shot
View Quote

This, then you should have called the law...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What round for pit bulls that are assaulting your dog, your SO or you?  

What round for pit bull owners who assault you after you defend yourself from their dog?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Lord Man.  

Call the cops.  

Big mistake not too IMHO, having been involved in a similar although not as severe incident between an aggressive dog and shit bag owner at a dog park.  

Bite marks on your SO and you didn't call the cops.  That breed of piece of shit needs to be put down before it kills someone.  

DC
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good Lord Man.  

Call the cops.  

Big mistake not too IMHO, having been involved in a similar although not as severe incident between an aggressive dog and shit bag owner at a dog park.  

Bite marks on your SO and you didn't call the cops.  That breed of piece of shit needs to be put down before it kills someone.  

DC
View Quote
So how severe is it when there is no blood between any of the dogs are humans?  What is the lesser of that, a shouting match?  

I'm so glad I don't go to the dog park any more.  It's win win win.  No worries about shit bag owners, no bad behaviors to pick up, no dogs to get sick from, and no...getting licked...errrr attacked by pit bulls.  

I've said it before; dog park people are the cat people of the dog world.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Um why didnt you shoot the attacking dog?
View Quote
Yup.

I may...may have given the dog a chance after a kick, but once it kept going, I would have shot it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
a pitbull attack with no blood?
View Quote
Yep. Story's bullshit.

I liked the part where he grabbed it by the hind legs and threw it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
This will get all dog parks closed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My buddy broke up a fight between a couple of his Terriers a few weeks ago- one tagged his hand pretty good (One bite)- wound still looks bad and far from healed.

And there was LOTS of blood.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Call animal control and make a report. It's not to late. They take dog bites seriously because of rabies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One of the last times I went my dog Zorro was attacked by a pit bull and an american bulldog.

We had been there in the dog park maybe 30 seconds when they came up, sniffed a bit, then went psycho, biting furiously.  Zorro recoiled against the fence and was trapped. I jumped in and lifted Zorro up on my shoulders and out of their way.  One of them latched onto my bicep and clawed the fuck out of me and bit so hard I thought it was going to break the bone.  Thankfully I was wearing one of these heavy cloth swedish military workshirts and layers underneath, so the teeth didn't puncture.  The other was ripping the shit out of my pants leg with his teeth.

After a loooooong minute of me swearing, Zorro barking his head of ("let me at em!"), trying to shake the hell beasts off my arm, and legs, the two middle-aged women owners of the dogs slowly came and got them.  Dogs minded them with voice commands.  They could have stopped it at any time.

I was so pumped with adrenaline I was seeing red and my heart was pounding I couldn't think straight.  Couldn't even talk, really.  The women left with their dogs, one of them calling over their shoulder, "sorry".  I think I still stood there for 20 seconds, in shock, and let Zorro down.  He had a mild puncture on his neck, and the fur scraped off his front legs.  I was bruised on my left arm and my flank skin deeply scratched from the dogs nails.

That's when I noticed all the other dogs in the park were on short leashes with their owners, all looking scared.  Those two dogs had been running around biting and fighting all the other dogs and when anyone went to leave the dogs would charge the gate and not let anyone out.  People were terrified.  The women just kept laughing at everyone. Deeply fucked up situation.  People had been calling the police and "animal control is on its' way" is all they were told.  I was there for another 30 minutes and animal control never showed.

Looking back on it, I should have left Zorro on the ground and let him take on one of the dogs (Zorro could handle himself) and I should have just choked the other one to submission.  And then did the same to the old bitches.  Still makes me furious 10 years later.
View Quote
Shoot, and continue until dogs to no longer move.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]
this happened a few days ago and you haven't reported it yet? you need to call animal control and your board of health RFN. you got saliva on you, your dog and your gf. if that dog had rabies you are walking dead if you don't start treatment
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My buddy broke up a fight between a couple of his Terriers a few weeks ago- one tagged his hand pretty good (One bite)- wound still looks bad and far from healed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know someone that got their hand in the mouth of a Dogo, the finger was just hanging.    it was an accidental bite (breaking up a dog fight...a real dog fight, not done on purpose but over food ).  I also have had to break up some quick scuffles between my boxer and dogo, and there are visible marks and blood within seconds (on BOTH).

I have had my hand bitten by a pit bull before, one quick bite, the tooth went right through my palm.  Son of  bitch hurt like hell.  I know a couple other people that were bitten by pit mixes and they got pretty torn up with just a couple bites.  Hell, OP should see the arm of a "dog trainer" that wanted me to pay him to train my dog.  

Seriously, dog bites really suck even from small little ankle biters, but when you move to the medium breed and up, they get really serious quick.  A dog attack  bite is going to pierce skin on humans and most dogs immediately.  I'm not going to call BULLSHIT on OP, but I do think that there is quite a bit of embellishing what happened, and for those of us that have seen dog ATTACKS on both dogs and humans, it's easy to know why.

Could there have been a rough playing pit bull?  Absolutely.  Could there have been lots of bluster and teeth showing?  Definitely.  Did it ATTACK other dogs and people?  From the end result, I'd say no.  Then again, we also all have different definitions of "pit bull".
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Did the other pit bulls condemn his behavior quickly enough?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
my central florida apt complex has in the lease agreement that no pitbulls are allowed, the dog park has a sign that no pitbulls or dogs over 25lbs are allowed..... yet there is ALWAYS one or two assholes in there with aggressive pitbulls.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm shocked I tell you. Simply shocked. Everyone knows that pitbulls are cuddly enough to sleep in a crib with your newborn.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm shocked I tell you. Simply shocked. Everyone knows that pitbulls are cuddly enough to sleep in a crib with your newborn.

View Quote
Such a dangerous breed that apparently during an attack, they can't even break skin.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
You're a bitch for not shooting the dog and beating the owners ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Cops should have been called as soon as he shoved you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dog parks always struck me as a bad idea.
View Quote
They are if your dog is an unsocialized basket case or people bring such dogs to them.

Our local dog park is pretty nice, seldom any issues and there's always a ranger there so if there's a problem dog they're asked not to come back.

I love having the park, lets my pooch socialize, play and wear himself out without worrying about him going walkabout. But, you have to pay attention and keep them under control.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#21]
OP kicked the can down the road for the next person to have to deal with.  

fail.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The guy put hands on you? I would have called the cops, if nothing else to get them banned from the park.
View Quote
Yup.

And that dog needs to be put down (sounds like the owner does as well). Friggin stereotypical Breed of Peace owners. "Muh dog dindu nuffin!!!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Such a dangerous breed that apparently during an attack, they can't even break skin.  
View Quote
Do you have some sort of skin in the game here? Why the on going stream of insinuations? Why not just call the OP a liar and be done with it?
I've been bit and not bled, so what? Smaller dogs have sharper teeth, some people have sleeves that keep teeth from puncturing ... lots of scenarios that are plausible, or maybe you're just a troll.

Pretty sure Paul addressed this today when he said don't feed the Troll...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP kicked the can down the road for the next person to have to deal with.  

fail.
View Quote
No shit, complete failure on so many levels.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#25]
What round for dogpark?

I opt for .45ACP 230gr hydra shok's.  Always carry when I go... funny thing is im not the only one, i see open carry all the time at the one I go to.

Great thing is that most dogs there are great and fun to be around.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to call the Police, this guy will be back and someone will be hurt very bad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you have some sort of skin in the game here? Why the on going stream of insinuations? Why not just call the OP a liar and be done with it?
I've been bit and not bled, so what? Smaller dogs have sharper teeth, some people have sleeves that keep teeth from puncturing ... lots of scenarios that are plausible, or maybe you're just a troll.

View Quote
THIS!!!

I was thinking OFFS about a hundred times as I read the troll's posts calling the OP a liar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess op contacted the rabiez and dreaded already.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#29]
How to deal with a dog park

1 buy one more dog
2 keep them home to play
3 enjoy them
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted quite a few questions for the OP to answer. The only skin that I have is that of my own experience with dogs.  And any reasonable dog owner can agree with why I am questioning what happened.

Half the posters in this thread are of my mindset, it's not as if I am the only one.  So you have been attacked by a pit and not bled?  I'm just going to say, that is impressive.  I've been bit by the asshole breed of peace as well, just one quick bite, and like I said, hole through my palm.  I have seen pits and other medium and large size dogs get in fights.  It's not pretty.

Attacks are not the same as posturing, rough play, or dominance behavior.  None of which may be acceptable to dog owners, and none belong at the dog park.  But they are most definitely not the same as an attack.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#31]
"Restrained Yourself" Bullshit . Someone knocked me down someone is giving an ass whopping or getting one . Then there would have been no shouting match which I think is your style
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if the op is dead yet?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Pics arent working.

No MS Paints.

No Blading at 45

OP actually backed down .

GF needs a better man.

GSD needs a better owner.

Pit needs to be terminated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
THIS!!!

I was thinking OFFS about a hundred times as I read the troll's posts calling the OP a liar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!

I never called the OP a liar. Based on my experience, most of the so called "pit bulls" should not have been adopted out so behavior such as this from their poor trash "$50 pet" owners is not surprising, but there is usually considerably more damage done during an "attack".
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You're a bitch for not shooting the dog and beating the owners ass.
View Quote
I love GD.

No, I did not shoot the pit bull. There were a bunch of other people around and I was more interested in getting the attacking dog off my girlfriend and dog. There was no safe shot either. I can live with the choice I made to not shoot it.

The dog attack from beginning to end was very quick, I intervened within a few seconds. Maybe if I was slower the pit bull would have had time to get a good bite in to draw blood. I am glad it wasn't worse than it was.

The human attack was over after he shoved me. He didn't continue assaulting me when I got in his face.

I recognize I didn't handle it perfectly. At the time it seemed like the crowd of people didn't think it was worthy of getting the police involved. In the state of mind I was in, I felt like deferring to the crowd's opinion was acceptable. However, I agree with everyone saying I was dumb to not call the police. I will be calling the local PD tonight to report the incident.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#36]
When I used to go to dog parks the pit bulls and their owners were consistently the problem. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The pit bull's hind legs ended up right in front of me, so I picked it up and swung around to toss it about 10 feet away. I think the pit bull's female owner finally grabbed it, because that was the end of the dog's attack....
View Quote

Hammer throw that bitch. Go for distance and height.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#39]
..geez
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Animal control . This is what they do. Your gf will not be the last to be attacked by the dog.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Infection[edit]In September 1931, Joseph Lennox Pawan of Trinidad in the West Indies, a Government Bacteriologist, found Negri bodies in the brain of a bat with unusual habits. In 1932, Pawan first discovered that infected vampire bats could transmit rabies to humans and other animals.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-9][9][/url] For a brief history of some of the controversies surrounding the early discoveries relating to rabies in Trinidad, see the brief history by James Waterman.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-10][10][/url]From the wound of entry, the rabies virus travels quickly along the neural pathways of the peripheral nervous system. The retrograde axonal transport of the rabies virus to the CNS (Central Nervous System) is the key step of pathogenesis during natural infection. The exact molecular mechanism of this transport is unknown although binding of the P protein from rabies virus to the dynein light chain protein DYNLL1 has been shown.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-pmid11024151-11][11][/url] P also acts as an interferon antagonist, thus decreasing the immune response of the host.From the CNS, the virus further spreads to other organs. The salivary glands located in the tissues of the mouth and cheeks receive high concentrations of the virus, thus allowing it to be further transmitted due to projectile salivation. Fatality can occur from two days to five years from the time of initial infection.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-12][12][/url] This however depends largely on the species of animal acting as a reservoir. Most infected mammals die within weeks, while strains of a species such as the African yellow mongoose (Cynictis penicillata) might survive an infection asymptomatically for years.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-pmid7777324-13][13][/url]Signs and Symptoms[edit]The first symptoms of rabies may be very similar to those of the flu including general weakness or discomfort, fever, or headache. These symptoms may last for days. There may be also discomfort or a prickling or itching sensation at the site of bite, progressing within days to symptoms of cerebral dysfunction, anxiety, confusion, agitation. As the disease progresses, the person may experience delirium, abnormal behavior, hallucinations, and insomnia.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-14][14][/url]Antigenicity[edit]Upon viral entry into the body and also after vaccination, the body produces virus neutralizing antibodies which bind and inactivate the virus. Specific regions of the G protein have been shown to be most antigenic in leading to the production of virus neutralizing antibodies. These antigenic sites, or epitopes, are categorized into regions I-IV and minor site a. Previous work has demonstrated that antigenic sites II and III are most commonly targeted by natural neutralizing antibodies.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-15][15][/url] Additionally, a monoclonal antibody with neutralizing functionality has been demonstrated to target antigenic site I.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-16][16][/url] Other proteins, such as the nucleoprotein, have been shown to be unable to elicit production of virus neutralizing antibodies.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-Wiktor-1973-17][17][/url] The epitopes which bind neutralizing antibodies are both linear and conformational.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-Bakker-2005-18][18][/url]Evolution[edit]All extant rabies viruses appear to have evolved within the last 1500 years.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-Nadin-Davis2011-19][19][/url] There are seven genotypes of rabies virus. In Eurasia cases are due to three of these—genotype 1 (classical rabies) and to a lesser extent genotypes 5 and 6 (European bat lyssaviruses type-1 and -2).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-McElhinney2008-20][20][/url] Genotype 1 evolved in Europe in the 17th century and spread to Asia, Africa and the Americas as a result of European exploration and colonization.Bat rabies in North America appears to have been present since 1281 CE (95% confidence interval: 906–1577 CE).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_virus#cite_note-Kuzmina2013-21][21][/url]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
here is the really bad news, if any of you got saliva on you from the other dog there is a good chance you can contact rabies. animal control needs to verify that dog is up on it's vaccine. you need to call 911 and animal control. if that dog is not found and proven to be current on it's vaccines you will need treatment. your dog needs to go to the vet and get a booster shot and remain under quarantine for up to 6 months. you can not mess around rabies is 99.9 percent fatal.

I know all this because my dog stopped a raccoon from getting my wife 
View Quote
There hasn't been a case of a human contracting rabies from a domestic dog in the US in like 30 years according to the nurse I saw a couple years ago when I went in for a dog bite (wasn't a bite per se, someone's dog got a ball lodged in its throat and I got bit trying to pull it out)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sucks man. Hope your gf and pup aren't hurt too badly. I've found the best way not to get myself, or my dog (golden retriever), in situation like that is to practice economic segregation. If you make enough money in life you can afford to live where douchbags (the kind who usually own dangerous dog breeds like pits) like that guy live or visit. As a rule of thumb it doesn't always work, of course, but I've found it has served me well over the years.
View Quote
You've got skills!  You managed to squeeze a humblebrag into a dog fight thread.  +10 internetz!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:41:12 AM EDT
[#44]
At our dog park I estimate 70%of issues are pits, 20% huskies, 10% other.

I would assume the dog that attacked your gf and dog was not current on shots. I probably wouldn't have filed a report either but I wouldn't delete that license plate pic either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:41:48 AM EDT
[#45]
That pit would've got a round right in the top of his head. DRT and the bullet goes into the ground.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#46]
1. Build wall
2. Throw breed of peace over
3. Prosper
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
tl;dr: Pit bull attacks 3 different dogs within 10 minutes of arriving at the dog park.
View Quote

And no pics, or videos from the phone that both of you had on your person.

At least you remembered you had it when you took a pic of his license plate.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Should have been reported immediately.  That dog is going to royally fuck someone up someday and the owner obviously ignores the warning signs.  The only wakeup call will be when the cops show up with animal control and take his dog away.

I would report it now just to get the paper trail going, even though it's long after the fact.

I never take my dog to dog parks.  It sucks because I'm sure he would have a blast but I just don't trust the general public.  He plays with dogs owned by friends and family only or at "puppy playtime" which is supervised by a dog trainer in a controlled environment.

We frequently fish right next to the dog park along the Fox River in Burlington and I'll never go their without being armed.  Too many times someone has let their dog get loose outside of the fence which proceeds to run over and say hi to Apollo.  Haven't had an issue yet but if any unrestrained animal attacks Apollo I'll save the owner the vet bill and put it down myself.

When it comes to dog attacks there are no second chances.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#49]
1. Don't go to dog parks.  That's where shitty dog owners take their shitty dogs.

2. If a dog ever attacks another dog or person ALWAYS CALL THE COPS

If some kid gets its face bitten off by that thing it's on you for not reporting it.  I wouldn't want that on my conscience
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you wonder.  Doesn't sound like an all out attack.  Just very aggressively showing dominance.

Hell I can barely play with my dog without getting some skin broken.  Was running around with him today and we both decided to turn our heads in the same direction at the same time.  He got a lump on his noggin and I split my lip.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top