Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Feed the children it's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
have some self respect, same with changing diapers in public; go into a a restroom or something.

Sooo… do you eat your dinner in the shitter?

those seats are NOT comfy ( won't even go into sanitation)....besides, when you are in a restaurant booth, it is very hard to see unless someone makes an effort to see it.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
have some self respect, same with changing diapers in public; go into a a restroom or something.

Sooo… do you eat your dinner in the shitter?

those seats are NOT comfy ( won't even go into sanitation)....besides, when you are in a restaurant booth, it is very hard to see unless someone makes an effort to see it.  

Huge +1 to that.

I wouldn't feed rotten meat to carrion birds in some public restrooms, let alone milk to one of my children.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have no problem with it, as long as it's discreet...at least as much as possible.

HH

+1 I see it all the time and never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I saw 'breast' and 'public' and voted 'Bring it on!'

Right on right on right on
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#7]

".....shall not be infringed."

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]
No big deal, just titties. However, some women like to "push" the issue and force everyone else to accept their radical nonsense. Same women who cut their hair like men, think they can do "anything" a man can  do and don't shave their pits.

Most women are discreet about it, like 98% but there will always be that small percentage that has an agenda.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:21:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I like bewbies as much as the next starving baby. I voted bring it on. Hey if I can eat in public why cant a baby.

In my opinion its the mothers choice on what she wants to do. If she wants to whip it out Go ahead, If she wants to cover it up fine by me, If she is against it and wants to keep it at home and just give the kid a bottle out in public more power to you!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't fear the tittie!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have my first children (twins) on the way. I plan to breast-feed, but I can't imagine doing so in public... I think I'd take it along in a bottle. Personally, I see breastfeeding as a time to bond with my children, and I don't think I'd very well accomplish that with all kinds of prudes and creeps staring at me.

A few comments that I hope might help you...  First I'm a guy, so these ideas are actually my wifes ideas and expiriences.

When switching between the real nipple and the rubber nipple some babies will not not eat from one or the other.  IIRC it's called "nipple confussion".  Since my wife was dead set on breast feeding for the health benefits to the baby and the great weight loss program for the mother she didn't take a chance and give our children bottles until she was ready to quit breastfeeding.  Turns out they didn't like bottles and we moved right to sippy cups.

If you pump your milk to put it in a bottle we decided you actually ended up spending twice as long to feed the child.  One feeding time to pump and another feeding time to actually feed.  Time is too valuable with a new baby in the house to spend any time you don't need too feeding the baby.

As for feeding in public...  My wife found if she wore a breastfeeding bra, a tank top and a button-up shirt over that that she typically just tied at the waist rather than actually buttoning it.  She could very discretely tuck our sons head under her overshirt, lift the tank top and never expose a thing to the public during the entire process since the overshirt blocked any direct view.

To the folks complaining about women flopping a boob out at feeding time...  I've never seen a woman actually flop a boob out in public in a way that exposed it to the view of the general public.  I don't know if you folks that have are just associating with a different class of people than I've been exposed to or if you are suffering from Victorian era levels of sexual repression.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't mind. (as long as it's a milf)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife breast fed anywhere she felt like it. If a woman is going to breast feed at all,
she should be permitted to do it anywhere she deems neccessary.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I could use some milk.

Does a body good and helps my spelling out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have a problem with doing it in public, but I do like the idea of trying to maintain some modicum of modesty and maybe draping a blanket over themselves.

FWIW I never could do it.  I'm not one to just whip 'em out in public like that.  I'm too shy.

I tried the blanket, it lasted one month....both the boys were too long and hated any blankets covering them!  I just ended up wearing vests or jackets a lot, and sitting in "out of the way" places.  I had to wean my oldest, though, at six months, because he was the size of an 18 month old!  Too big for my lap!

Sure, sure.  But the point is that you maintained some semblance of modesty.  With my babies I never did it in public..... of course, I didn't end up breast feeding as much as I would have liked to for my kids' sakes.

FWIW, my older sister has breast fed all SIX of her kids, she's even done it in public- (because unless you put yourself in some kind of life seclusion for a year it's just unavoidable), but she's always covered up with a blanket.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top