User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They appear to be some kind of crazy wiccan family. That probably has something to do with her breast feeding for so many years.

Whether or not they are Wiccan has nothing to do with it.    Your comments come dangerously close to violating the CoC.  

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

there are crazy catholics, crazy baptists, etc.  

Bob1984 must be a wiccan.

Tekka is insinuating that the religious practices of the family in question has something to do with the decision to breastfeed children for an abnormal length of time.  

Not only is this insinuation completely baseless and false, it also borders on "derogatory comments of a religious nature" as per the CoC.  

I would be saying the same thing if the religion mentioned happened to have been Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or any other religion.  

Quoted:
Did you go crying to the teacher when someone took your lunch money too?

The last person who ever tried that ended up getting his ass kicked behind a dumpster.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF - sick bastards
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Dumb cunt.
Period.

I feel sorry for those kids Future lesbians no doubt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They appear to be some kind of crazy wiccan family. That probably has something to do with her breast feeding for so many years.

Whether or not they are Wiccan has nothing to do with it.    Your comments come dangerously close to violating the CoC.  

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

What is it with all of the whining about someone maybe violating COC these days. Last time I checked, this site was made up of mostly grown men. If you don't like what someone said, tell him so, period.  Something along the lines of "I am a Wiccan and don't appreciate those kind of comments". Did you go crying to the teacher when someone took your lunch money too?

That lady is fucked up in the head no matter what her beliefs are, simple as that. If I actually saw that happening, rest assured I would confront her.

+1

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Kids will be as screwed up as the parents.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tekka is insinuating that the religious practices of the family in question has something to do with the decision to breastfeed children for an abnormal length of time.  

Not only is this insinuation completely baseless and false, it also borders on "derogatory comments of a religious nature" as per the CoC.  

I would be saying the same thing if the religion mentioned happened to have been Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or any other religion.  

Quoted:

The last person who ever tried that ended up getting his ass kicked behind a dumpster.  

Is Wicca a real religion.  I thought it was some looney practice of sorcery?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is it with all of the whining about someone maybe violating COC these days. Last time I checked, this site was made up of mostly grown men. If you don't like what someone said, tell him so, period.  Something along the lines of "I am a Wiccan and don't appreciate those kind of comments". Did you go crying to the teacher when someone took your lunch money too?

That lady is fucked up in the head no matter what her beliefs are, simple as that. If I actually saw that happening, rest assured I would confront her.

Are there laws against it? Is it bad for them?
Or, as it appears, is this a prime case of mind your own business?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would say, "taking young kids shooting is fucked up in the head, no matter what your beliefs are, simple as that."

Fuck almighty, from the land of insane child pregnancy rates and the highest crime in the developed world comes the new special - "Listen to us tell you how to raise your kids."
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]
well at 43 I still enjoy sucking on a nipple.please don't tell the Gov to raid my house
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

mister44.com/projects/humor/sand.jpg

Relax, Bob is just jonesing for some fresh breast milk.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing wrong with breastfeeding... it's superior to bottle feeding in virtually every way.  The oldest kid I've ever seen breastfeeding (in person) was between 4 and 5yo... and I nearly dropped my chart when I walked into the room and saw crunchy-granola, earth-mother mom breastfeeding that old a child.

People are welcome to do what they want... but breastfeeding until 8 years of age?  I'm hesitant to call it child abuse, but at that point, I'd venture to say that it's not just for the child anymore.  I'd question whether there's some secondary gain (even if simply psychological) on the mother's part.

I may be way off base on that, but the sheer deviancy of the situation really raises the specter of pathology in that particular parent/child relationship.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is just as real as every other religion in the world.  This news article might be of interest to you (link left cold on purpose):  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/apr/23/20070423-104939-6596r/

Quoted:
Nothing wrong with breastfeeding... it's superior to bottle feeding in virtually every way.  The oldest kid I've ever seen breastfeeding (in person) was between 4 and 5yo... and I nearly dropped my chart when I walked into the room and saw crunchy-granola, earth-mother mom breastfeeding that old a child.

People are welcome to do what they want... but breastfeeding until 8 years of age?  I'm hesitant to call it child abuse, but at that point, I'd venture to say that it's not just for the child anymore.  I'd question whether there's some secondary gain (even if simply psychological) on the mother's part.

I may be way off base on that, but the sheer deviancy of the situation really raises the specter of pathology in that particular parent/child relationship.

My personal opinion is that it is just a strange behavior.  I'm not sure that I could call it abuse per se, but it is definitely weird.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Roberta Hertzel: People used to think it was strange 'cause I breast-fed him 'til he was almost five, but I say - hunh, just look at the results!
(About Schmidt)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Are there laws against it? Is it bad for them?
Or, as it appears, is this a prime case of mind your own business?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would say, "taking young kids shooting is fucked up in the head, no matter what your beliefs are, simple as that."

Fuck almighty, from the land of insane child pregnancy rates and the highest crime in the developed world comes the new special - "Listen to us tell you how to raise your kids."

So you are saying there is nothing wrong with an 8 year old child still sucking on her mothers tit? Just want to make sure so I know who's posts to ignore from now on, because that is seriously fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Wiccans aren't any more legitimate than those idiot's who pretend to be Klingons. It's just a bunch of ugly chicks and losers trying desperately to feel unique. The people whining about CoC need to throw their magic the gathering cards and SCA costume into the trash and shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wiccans aren't any more legitimate than those idiot's who pretend to be Klingons. It's just a bunch of ugly chicks and losers trying desperately to feel unique. The people whining about CoC need to throw their magic the gathering cards and SCA costume into the trash and shut the fuck up.

Quoted for ignorance.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess if you really can't afford milk from the grocery store....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I guess if you really can't afford milk from the grocery store....

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Wow that's one of the most ignorant things I've read on this forum and I've viewed a LOT of drunk threads!

Not being christian myself makes me think you know nothing about non christian's.  I think it's only christian's and muslim's that think it's their way or the highway, but I could be wrong and have never said I know everything.

Wiccan's are all around you every day and you have no idea who they are.  

I'm not Wiccan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're joking, right?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow that's one of the most ignorant things I've read on this forum and I've viewed a LOT of drunk threads!

Not being christian myself makes me think you know nothing about non christian's.  I think it's only christian's and muslim's that think it's their way or the highway, but I could be wrong and have never said I know everything.

Wiccan's are all around you every day and you have no idea who they are.  

I'm not Wiccan.

Oh, I know what it is, and I've seen these people many times. It's just your typical attention seeking bullshit all tarted up in pseudo mythology.  

I think I'll proclaim my worship of Thor. From now on there will be no discussions concerning hammers as I consider that an offense to my God.

Just because something was done
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're joking, right?

Tekka is insinuating that the religious practices of the family in question has something to do with the decision to breastfeed children for an abnormal length of time.  Yes, Wicca is a religion.  

If someone were to insinuate that being Muslim was an automatic indicator of a predisposition to terroristic behavior, they would find themselves banned rather quickly.    
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're joking, right?

Tekka is insinuating that the religious practices of the family in question has something to do with the decision to breastfeed children for an abnormal length of time.  Yes, Wicca is a religion.  

If someone were to insinuate that being Muslim was an automatic indicator of a predisposition to terroristic behavior, they would find themselves banned rather quickly.    

I would wager that Scientology is more a religion than Wicca yet bashing Scientology and it's followers is almost a sporting event on these forums but someone is getting upset at hurting the feelings of a buch of Salems Lot wannabes.  

I guess someone is gonna cast a spell on me now.

As for the original topic.  I think the mother is the one dependent on breastfeeding the kids.  She has serious codependency issues, abandonment issues and whole slew of other shit her parents did to her when she was a child that she is now taking out on her kids.  Id even wager she is sexually abusing the kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#26]

LOL!

oh and I own page 4!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

LOL !

Huzzah!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never intended to seem like I was disparaging their chosen religion. The people themselves seemed like nice people... just kinda odd.

BTW

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I saw something like this on some sitcom a few years ago (not real life, I know).  It turned out the mom was doing it not for the kid, but because the calories she lost through making and giving the breast milk allowed her to eat a couple extra donuts every day without getting fat.  Maybe the mom in the Youtube video had similar motivations?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I saw something like this on some sitcom a few years ago (not real life, I know).  It turned out the mom was doing it not for the kid, but because the calories she lost through making and giving the breast milk allowed her to eat a couple extra donuts every day without getting fat.  Maybe the mom in the Youtube video had similar motivations?

Interesting.  Never heard of that before.  Still sounds weird.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.  Never heard of that before.  Still sounds weird.  

Why not just let the husband do it then?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#32]
My aunt breastfed my cousin until he was 5.  He is now fucked up in the head and socially inept.  Is there a correlation between the two?  You be the judge.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My aunt breastfed my cousin until he was 5.  He is now fucked up in the head and socially inept.  Is there a correlation between the two?  You be the judge.

There was probably other weird shit going on, too, in addition to the breast feeding.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Kid's gona be F'd up later in life.

+1
Apple won't fall far from the tree.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#35]
If she's letting her choose when to stop, who's to say that they WILL want to stop when they go off to college or get married? She seems to think it'll somehow magically stop then.

Breastfeeding's great and all, but this is taking it too far. I'm not sure what kind of research has been done on it (IIRC it hinders dental development, but I've never read into the psychological effects of it). It's something that should be left behind along with carrying your child, changing her diaper, bathing her, etc. I don't see how a child who's breastfed so late can aptly function in social situations when mentally, they are still stuck in infancy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
No one else picked up on it so here it is:

In humans, oxytocin stimulates milk ejection during lactation, uterine contraction during birth, and is released during sexual orgasm in both men and women.

Wiki has another article where the findings are less pronounced and open to debate.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was probably other weird shit going on, too, in addition to the breast feeding.  

I don't doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#38]
'i HAVE NIPPLES , CAN YOU MILK ME?"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top