Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Interestingly Quietbore got shut down a few months ago but is now allowed to sell kits again, and they require an approved f1, which indicates they are actually selling silencer kits instead of "solvent traps". That was really weird that they were allowed to reopen by our benevolent ATF betters at all, and now they actually openly (or as close to openly as possible) state that they are selling silencers with a hole missing.

Quietbore was a little too on the nose, though. Selling the drilling kits, showing a video by the owner drilling them, and including a sticker with the product showing it mounted on a gun with a hole drilled and it saying "holy shit that's quiet" was really playing with fire.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The game is no longer in the shadows.
View Quote

Would appear that way. ATF is getting awfully aggressive all of the sudden. P80, Diversified, and the proposed rule making for braces hits the federal register tomorrow.  Probably going to be going after people who built F1 cans with Diversified's parts too now like they're doing with P80.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where's Trump with these raids?  This shit is still under his watch, not Biden.  
View Quote
He's not really in charge if they don't listen to him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One that was widely published a few years ago (I don't remember which company, but I do remember I was on the list they seized ) was a full SWAT stack and forceful breach through the front doors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
are these raids like swat team showing up guns drawn or just guys walking in flashing badges?
(serious question, i know that it might seem dumb)
One that was widely published a few years ago (I don't remember which company, but I do remember I was on the list they seized ) was a full SWAT stack and forceful breach through the front doors.

Ares I think.  They were going after 3D printed 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
This is fucked up.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not surprised. They were pushing their luck with mounts and ready made K baffles.
View Quote

Jesus Jones, man; read the damn NFA, at least.

You are either complying with the law, or you are breaking the law.  It is binary.  The notion of legal 'gray area' or 'loophole' is a construct by people trying to expand the reach of laws without going through the legislative process as required by law; nothing else.  These guys were following the rules, they were obeying the law, they'd even asked permission & worked with the ATF previously to make sure they were in compliance...but gubmint didn't like that some scumbags (and also tons & tons of good people) took it upon themselves to buy these products, do the work completing them, to produce weapons we all know they have every right to possess anyway.  This company is innocent, and the only reason --mark my words-- the only reason some judge will go along with it like they always do, is quite literally "because the ATF said so."  That's all they have, the pure, lawless use of force to impose their will.

Stop enabling tyrants; this is wrong, plain and simple.

ATF gets a hard-on for specific companies from time to time (usually when a sting operation they themselves set up involves the products of that company), and sets out to destroy them.  Before P80 it was EP Armory, now it's Diversified Machining.  With each of these the companies have tried to work with the Bureau, accommodate its requests so they can keep selling products, and it always comes down to "you're done, we're putting you out of business, now give us your sales records so we can harass your customers en masse."  Because that's the real goal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Amazing how Trump was cock blocked for his entire term.  But Biden seems to be calling the shots before he is even President-Elect. Deep state is more like Dem-State.
View Quote

Yeah, they were never Trump's people, they just keep low until he was on his way out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol. If the ATF is monitoring this, they can kiss my ass. To be clear, Fuck the ATF.
View Quote

agreed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol. If the ATF is monitoring this, they can kiss my ass. To be clear, Fuck the ATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just in case ATF is monitoring this thread, I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a dog. Just putting that out there, FWIW.

This.

I knew a BP agent who applied to the BATF. They asked him his views on the 2nd, he was a very pro gun vet.

They didn't hire him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Surprised no one has been along being ok with this...

The FATF need to be reeled in so far they no longer exist.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Light on details. Why?

View Quote

Same thing ATF did to SD tactical, make it "too easy" for people to form 1 a silencer and they get their panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are either complying with the law, or you are breaking the law.  It is binary.  The notion of legal 'gray area' or 'loophole' is a construct by people trying to expand the reach of laws without going through the legislative process as required by law; nothing else.  These guys were following the rules, they were obeying the law, they'd even asked permission & worked with the ATF previously to make sure they were in compliance...but gubmint didn't like that some scumbags (and also tons & tons of good people) took it upon themselves to buy these products, do the work completing them, to produce weapons we all know they have every right to possess anyway.  This company is innocent, and the only reason --mark my words-- the only reason some judge will go along with it like they always do, is quite literally "because the ATF said so."  That's all they have, the pure, lawless use of force to impose their will.

ATF gets a hard-on for specific companies from time to time (usually when a sting operation they themselves set up involves the products of that company), and sets out to destroy them.  Before P80 it was EP Armory, now it's Diversified Machining.  With each of these the companies have tried to work with the Bureau, accommodate its requests so they can keep selling products, and it always comes down to "you're done, we're putting you out of business, now give us your sales records so we can harass your customers en masse."  Because that's the real goal.
View Quote

Sure, but that really isn't how things have worked. Is there any law that says you can't have open bolt fire weapons or is that only ATF deciding the written law didn't ban enough stuff?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some people are willing to jump on a grenade to protect others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mfg's need the same systems that our spy planes use to destroy the hard drives.

Just make sure it's a raid before killing the drives.

At this point with overreach, I'm surprised someone hasn't done that.  Then again, 'destroying evidence' charges can put you away for a long time anyhow.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Some people are willing to jump on a grenade to protect others.

Yep, if I were in one of these businesses any records I kept would be in a self destructing case.  Trigger the alarm, move it wrong, wrong password, etc and the hard drive gets physically nuked.  It used to be a thing with a couple of hackers I knew many years ago.  Note, wasn't me, I'm barely computer literate as evidenced by some of the dumb questions I've asked in the computer forum.  .
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha, you remind me of the Richmond, VA gun show back around 2003. The ATF had been harassing people who were trying to do private sale and taking them outside and asking them if they knew what they were doing was illegal (it wasn't, at the time, as of July 1 this year it is), and they sent local police to neighborhood of people at the show who bought guns to knock on the people's doors and tell them their neighbor had just bought a gun.

As you might imagine, people got pissed, and ATF set up a table at a subsequent gun show that I attended, and it was hilarious because the show was shoulder-to-shoulder crowded, but the tables the ATF had set up with some brochures and had a few agents manning it was like it had a force-field of death around it and nobody would get near it. So they just sat there ignored all day. I guess it was some lame attempt at outreach to try and improve relations for whatever reason. No fucks were given by attendees though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Surprised no one has been along being ok with this...

The FATF need to be reeled in so far they no longer exist.
View Quote

They'll be along shortly. Probably busy masturbating to anime and logging their serial numbers so they can get those evil ar15s registered.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not surprised. They were pushing their luck with mounts and ready made K baffles.

I'm amazed at the people that will justify .gov infringement.

You are correct, you are either complying with the law or you aren't.

Something is either a suppressor or it isn't, in it's current state. If you have to do some machining to it, it's not a suppressor.

Just like the P80 "kits". If you can take the parts and assemble them, without further machining, then yes they're a pistol. If you have to machine a chunk of plastic to make the parts fit, it isn't a pistol nor firearm.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#17]
This seems to be a daily thing. I just got a call from my lawyer letting me know this happened.

The link the OP posted takes me to a page I can't access. Does anyone have a link to the company page and/or email to the owner?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Trump has never cared about 2A issues. He's done absolutely nothing to help gun owners and with this, the recent brace letter, the Polymer 80 raid and other actions under this woman Lombardo at ATF it's clear he's fine with being remembers as having done more damage on his watch than 8 years of Obama. He's completely silent on the issue and the ATF is repeating exactly what they did with bump stocks under Trumps direction.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Would appear that way. ATF is getting awfully aggressive all of the sudden. P80, Diversified, and the proposed rule making for braces hits the federal register tomorrow.  Probably going to be going after people who built F1 cans with Diversified's parts too now like they're doing with P80.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should be easy enough given the form 1.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they go after people who lawfully built cans on an approved form 1?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This seems to be a daily thing. I just got a call from my lawyer letting me know this happened.

The link the OP posted takes me to a page I can't access. Does anyone have a link to the company page and/or email to the owner?
View Quote

Here is the link to DMs website.

Good luck MAC.

https://diversifiedmachine.us/
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
seems to be a trend.
View Quote
It is a trend. Regina Lombardo, the ATF Director, thanked her security detail recently for keeping her safe from all the angry gun owners. She also said that for 2021 the ATF's mission statement is "reimagining the BATF". Given the Form 1 Suppressor raid, the Q letter, the brace letter I broke news about last night, and bump stocks... we know what this new reimagined ATF is going to be doing at a dizzying pace.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Website it still up and taking orders. Hmmm. I literally was going to put in order in a couple days ago to finish up a Form 1 I've been sitting on for years. Looks like I'll be getting a lathe and mill instead. Brrrr....
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Dont remember seeing many crime stories involving legally purchased suppressors
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The DC bureaucracies never respected Trump. Do you think they're going to listen to him now as he's on his way out the door?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I placed an order last week, in.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't know you were back. So welcome back!

But yeah, the FATF seems to have a hard dick for some butt fucking lately.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
For what it's worth DM is probably luckier the credit card companies didn't raid his business instead for all the chargebacks people have had to do to get their products. He has become a master of taking money for in stock products, not shipping for 3-6 months, and only responding to attempts at communication when you either threaten or initiate a chargeback. Last time I did that he printed a shipping label, told me it would be sent out soon, then it sat for several weeks before being mailed. That was an over 4 month wait (before he pretended to ship) for an in-stock product with him refusing to answer any attempts at communication.

And I say that as someone who is happy with the products I've gotten from him. I would no longer recommend him to anyone regardless of the quality of his product- which in my experience had been excellent. Searching for posts about his conduct the past couple of years would show hundreds of similar posts. Still doesn't mean the ATF should shoot his wife and fuck his dog, but I'm amazed he was able to stay in business given all the chargebacks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#29]
But but but, those words on the piece of paper in Washington say that politicians and guys with guns aren’t allowed to infringe on our Rights.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a question, what if I were a P80 kit owner/solvent trap owner and I ain't home because I work! I'm gone for months at a time and I live alone. Am I going to come home to my shit kicked in? And what if they JBTs don't find what they are looking for? Start calling every shitty hotel around refineries till they find me?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why would they go after people who lawfully built cans on an approved form 1?
View Quote

Same (bad) logic as the P80 BBS kits.  It's already a firearm, so it's supposed to have a 4473 or form 1 before taking possession of all of the components.  They'll claim you illegally possessed a silencer between taking delivery and getting your approved Form 1 back.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

At this point with overreach, I'm surprised someone hasn't done that.  Then again, 'destroying evidence' charges can put you away for a long time anyhow.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
View Quote

Ya, just ask hitlary.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm glad that I've downloaded 10gb+ of interesting 3D printer files before the same people get an ITAR boner.
View Quote

Sharable google drive files?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For what it's worth DM is probably luckier the credit card companies didn't raid his business instead for all the chargebacks people have had to do to get their products. He has become a master of taking money for in stock products, not shipping for 3-6 months, and only responding to attempts at communication when you either threaten or initiate a chargeback. Last time I did that he printed a shipping label, told me it would be sent out soon, then it sat for several weeks before being mailed. That was an over 4 month wait (before he pretended to ship) for an in-stock product with him refusing to answer any attempts at communication.

And I say that as someone who is happy with the products I've gotten from him. I would no longer recommend him to anyone regardless of the quality of his product- which in my experience had been excellent. Searching for posts about his conduct the past couple of years would show hundreds of similar posts. Still doesn't mean the ATF should shoot his wife and fuck his dog, but I'm amazed he was able to stay in business given all the chargebacks.
View Quote

I'm wondering what to do about the open order I have at this point.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I have not read all the post as it made me sick to see several post saying in effect "they were asking for it". What the hell is wrong with you people? I guess that is what you will say when people are fired for not kneeling and chanting black lives matter or not using the proper pronouns for some mentality ill person. There is legal and illegal. I would also go as far as to remind everyone that only our elected representatives are able to make laws. We have failed to reign in these government agencies that can arbitrarily make rules that carry the force of law.
I don't know the solution at this point, but to say that the business that are victimized by the Gestapo brought this infringement upon themselves makes me sad that you are here infecting my one great republic.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I reached out through their contact us page. If anyone knows Chris, please have him respond to my message.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck, guess ill never get that fucking adapter now. Thanks ATF just thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I didn't know you were back. So welcome back!

But yeah, the FATF seems to have a hard dick for some butt fucking lately.
View Quote
I am back, have been for about a year now. It's good to be back.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
So much for the long war being over.  Trump screwed us on stocks and now the ATF is doing whatever they want and he isn't doing jack about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm glad that I've downloaded 10gb+ of interesting 3D printer files before the same people get an ITAR boner.
View Quote

Im just glad I have a lathe
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Feels like they're trying to cut our supply lines because they know whats coming
View Quote

Sure hope they leave the NFA items at the office, otherwise we gonna have some sweet battlefield pickups after the raids kick off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are not doing anything wrong, then how is it evidence that's destroyed?    Maybe they just picked Spring cleaning day to raid the place.

Quoted:
Businesses need to learn to encrypt their data. And use an account from a secure provider.
View Quote

Put it all on Apple phones.  Seems to work for everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They're coming for you.  This isn't a drill.
View Quote

We’re waiting.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm wondering what to do about the open order I have at this point.
View Quote

I would rev up that chargeback, and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all if it was for an "in stock" product that you've been waiting a long time for.

They may be able to reopen- sd tac was able to, quietbore did very quickly, white trash tactical is back to making parts (I think?). But with his recent delays and stall tactics? No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I reached out through their contact us page. If anyone knows Chris, please have him respond to my message.

Thanks guys.
View Quote

since you saw this, I’ll delete my post about it on your FB page. Wish I could offer more info though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It is a trend. Regina Lombardo, the ATF Director, thanked her security detail recently for keeping her safe from all the angry gun owners. She also said that for 2021 the ATF's mission statement is "reimagining the BATF". Given the Form 1 Suppressor raid, the Q letter, the brace letter I broke news about last night, and bump stocks... we know what this new reimagined ATF is going to be doing at a dizzying pace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
seems to be a trend.

Phew!  And here I was worried about my tobacco.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mfg's need the same systems that our spy planes use to destroy the hard drives.

Just make sure it's a raid before killing the drives.

Just clean the server, like with a washcloth
Then nothing happens to you
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Two days after the election dominion should’ve been raided like this.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top