Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
wish we could see what the other entries results were, i mean great we can compare colt to fnh to hk. but i am curious to see how  lwrc, sig, pof, lmt, ultimax 100 did...

and yeah, there definitely is an error on barrel life, maybe a zero missing as stated above but even with an extra zero on colt and fnh entries it sounds way off. 
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wish we could see what the other entries results were, i mean great we can compare colt to fnh to hk. but i am curious to see how  lwrc, sig, pof, lmt, ultimax 100 did...

and yeah, there definitely is an error on barrel life, maybe a zero missing as stated above but even with an extra zero on colt and fnh entries it sounds way off. 
View Quote
Colt, FN, and HK were the only ones to make it to the final down select.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have said it for years now...the hk416 is not the god send that some people claim...and has many flaws induced from the piston system.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct, for the endurance test listed in the 2nd report. i am talking about the other entries in the reliability test shown in the first report. 

IE competitors C, D, E, F, H, and I. 

why competitor F didn't make it to the final round with only 12 failures is also curious. 

or am i misunderstanding the documents shown in the OP? 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are not. I believe DD hammer forged them though for H&K.

This is why battlefield Vegas burned through theirs so fast.

Nothing to protect the barrel from the heat. The civilian barrels would be like having Vulcan/Hesse, making barrels for Colt.
View Quote
I wonder if H&K spec'd a cheaper, less heat-resistant steel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If that's true there's no way, absolutely no way a Colt Canada barrel only got 1,800 rounds barrel life.

KAC uses those barrels on the SR-15 and those see way beyond 20,000 rounds of life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Caniduh.
If that's true there's no way, absolutely no way a Colt Canada barrel only got 1,800 rounds barrel life.

KAC uses those barrels on the SR-15 and those see way beyond 20,000 rounds of life.
Used. KAC used Colt Canukistan barrels. Theyve been making them in house for the past several years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Weaponsman: USMC IAR Reliability Testing Results

"Some interesting results here. The FN entrant had the highest rate of relatively minor Class I and II failures, but the lowest rate — zero — of Class III failures. (That’s why it’s “N/A”. You can’t calculate an MRBF with zero failures). And the HK example was distinctly mediocre compared to these competitors, on this one measurement. Conversely, it had far and away the highest barrel life — an important statistic for the always-broke Marines."
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Military procurement has been this way since 1865 . There were Spencer and Henry repeating rifles available and the military decided single shot was the way to go .
View Quote
[Ordnance Bureau] "Repeating rifles waste expensive ammunition! [/Ordnance Bureau]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are not. I believe DD hammer forged them though for H&K.

This is why battlefield Vegas burned through theirs so fast.

Nothing to protect the barrel from the heat. The civilian barrels would be like having Vulcan/Hesse, making barrels for Colt.
View Quote
If you are talking about MR556 barrels then you are incorrect. HK says in their own catalog that they are hammer forged in Germany from the same steel using the same slight taper to the bores. The ONLY difference is the chrome lining.

It is at the bottom of page 18 of the current civilian catalog - if you want to check. I would bet you have one laying around.

There is no reason for them to lie about something like that. There is also no reason for us to believe the military barrels are magical.

If you have some kind of evidence showing something else then please post it. Otherwise please stop parroting this crap - it is muddying the waters of an otherwise interesting thread.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top