Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 77
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It even took the ACLU to fight for the right to protest/assembly for the whites to be there. Fox talked to one dude live and he dropped the F bomb twice but what he was saying was true. You can't suppress one side's speech just because you don't agree with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gov. McAuliffe calling out the National Guard / declaring a state of emergency.  Must suppress speech you disagree with.  Damn commie. 
It even took the ACLU to fight for the right to protest/assembly for the whites to be there. Fox talked to one dude live and he dropped the F bomb twice but what he was saying was true. You can't suppress one side's speech just because you don't agree with it.
I should have said, use the power of the State to suppress speech you disagree with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
4 guys fighting, 28 people videoing. This crap is like modern Jerry Springer BS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pg 2 let's start a riot
View Quote
So close!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No they won't. We will take them back. 
View Quote
When does this start.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
ACLU of Virginia?Verified account @ACLUVA  14m14 minutes ago
Our legal observers are watching, making sure police don't violate anyone's rights. #Charlottesville
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

really... then who are?
View Quote
Looks like a fair amount of them a just plain old racist assholes. Not ALT-RIGHT. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fox news reporting tear gas being used.
Lots of civilians open carrying, saw a couple of ar15.
Report of a guy with a baseball bat with nails on it
View Quote
There were 32-35 people in just one group with ARs and other weapons.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One of the featured... "speakers."

https://twitter.com/nsm88

“Unite the Right” Rally Could Be Largest White Supremacist Gathering in a Decade"

Also note the burning crosses.
View Quote
Those are not people that I stand with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered them to disperse. Could get fun!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The left are the ones attacking without provocation, of course nothing is done to them.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pg 2 let's start a riot
View Quote
Fail
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Was that some kind of charge? What was with the running?

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Ah what the heck. In.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What have I missed?
Not much.
Is this the White Power "Alt-Right" gathering that the ACLU had to actually support?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our legal observers are watching, making sure police don't violate anyone's rights. #Charlottesville
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCuqDgW0AEmFZD.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHCuqDgW0AEmFZD.jpg
Can we make possession of a "legal observer" vest or hat at a riot a federal felony?  

Those are clearly card carrying members of the ACLU right there.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Unite the Right” Rally Could Be Largest White Supremacist Gathering in a Decade"

Not me either.  Free speech and equality, yes. Racism, no.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Bad ass bald white guy hops in his faggy little hatch back and drives away, LOL

screen name?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is this the White Power "Alt-Right" gathering that the ACLU had to actually support?
View Quote
I get the quotes but still don't see the white power fuckers as Alt-Right. As to the rest I haven't kept up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
so what are the chances that this rally was organized by Leftists masquerading as Nazis, KKK, and Trump supporters, specifically to discredit anyone opposed to the liberal agenda?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
when you spend a decade calling every white person a racist, you end up with a lot of racists.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Also when will people realize that shitty particulate bird flu masks don't do shit against OC and tear gas? LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Correct.
View Quote
How fucking dare white people assemble! How fucking dare them!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
so what are the chances that this rally was organized by Leftists masquerading as Nazis, KKK, and Trump supporters, specifically to discredit anyone opposed to the liberal agenda?
View Quote
Between 14 and 88%.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What have I missed?
Not much.
Not the first time

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Breakdown of today's event.  Whiteys peaceably assemble.  Left wing thugs show up.  Police tell whitey to haul ass.  Thugs follow whitey around while whitey is trying to leave.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

These aren't "alt right" guys; that's the misnomer.
View Quote
"alt-right" is a fabrication of the Left. Somehow it's enter d the lexicon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bad ass bald white guy hops in his faggy little hatch back and drives away, LOL

screen name?
View Quote
I saw that. That dude was severally outnumbered and stood a good chance of having his car destroyed if things went south. What would you have done?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
when you spend a decade calling every white person a racist, you end up with a lot of racists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their version of "racist" probably so.  I'm caucasian, male and Christian.  That makes me a racist in their eyes and a domestic terrorist in Janet Nopalitano's among many others, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get the quotes but still don't see the white power fuckers as Alt-Right. As to the rest I haven't kept up.
View Quote
The media has already labeled this a white nationalist protest, regardless of what it actually is.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is very true, after a while people start getting fed up giving you what you want.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably a mixture of both.  The Right has its share of tards too.  If there is any Moby's involved, they wont be exposed until months afterward and most will have forgotten this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I saw that. That dude was severally outnumbered and stood a good chance of having his car destroyed if things went south. What would you have done?
View Quote
He would have been the guy fighting bald dude if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like a fair amount of them a just plain old racist assholes. Not ALT-RIGHT. 
View Quote
Because they're white is that prima facia evidence that they're "racist?"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Holy shit. Lots of rifles and plate carriers. I guess they are militia or 3%.

Some dude has his head busted open...everyone yelling "Medic"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
People that become racist just because they are called racist are stupid. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My aunt-in-law is.  Bishop in United Church of Christ, man-hater, denies the Divinity of Christ yet claims to be a Christian. Which I do not understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is every female "priest" a lesbian?
My aunt-in-law is.  Bishop in United Church of Christ, man-hater, denies the Divinity of Christ yet claims to be a Christian. Which I do not understand.
2 Timothy 4:3 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Short of it - she's not a Christian, she's a heretic.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The media has already labeled this a white nationalist protest, regardless of what it actually is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted it earlier.

The Knights of Columbus could march there and it would be called a racist white nationalist white supremacist protest
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Screen names of attendees?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
From what I gathered the term "alt right" in it's traditional use is a bunch of racists. No one besides 88ers and those who know about 88ers knew this term or used it until the progressive left adopted it and used it to label anyone who opposes them. Now we have a modern definition of "alt right" that differs from the traditional meaning.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
The media is wrong big shock there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Quite a few regular posters in this thread seem to find no issue taking a side in that nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
People that become racist just because they are called racist are stupid. 
View Quote
kick a dog until it bites you then "omg vicious dog,"
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just ordered them to disperse. Could get fun!
View Quote
Police in Charlottesville, Va., cleared a downtown park Saturday after local authorities declared a "Unite the Right" rally an "unlawful assembly" following clashes between thousands of alt-right demonstrators, counter-protesters, white nationalists and supporters of Black Lives Matter.

State police outfitted with helmets and riot gear and wielding shields cleared the park where 2,000 to 6,000 people were gathering for the rally of white nationalists, neo-Nazis, alt-right activists and pro-Confederacy groups.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency to give local authorities more resources to quell the disturbance.

"ALERT: Unlawful assembly declared for rally at Emancipation Park," The Charlottesville City tweeted short before the noon demonstration was scheduled to begin.

This is the Virginia statute on unlawful assembly #cvilleaug12pic.twitter.com/dyqdEN7k71
— VA State Police (@VSPPIO) August 12, 2017

Governor McAuliffe has declared a state of emergency to aid state response to violence at Alt-Right rally in Charlottesville
— Terry McAuliffe (@GovernorVA) August 12, 2017

The declaration effectively reversed a federal court injunction Friday night that rejected the city's earlier attempt to ban the rally at Emancipation Park and require protesters to move to another park. The rally had been called to protest the city's decision to remove a statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee, but also served as a rallying cry for the far right.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Regarding the matter of last night and today's marches in Charlottesville, VA replete with real, actual Nazis and Confederate wannabes with tiki-torches, and the obligatory poo-flinging and pepper-spraying counter-protesters:

"Ignorant free speech often works against the speaker. That is one of several reasons why it must be given rein instead of suppressed."
-Anna Quindlen

"One of the problems with defending free speech is you often have to defend people that you find to be outrageous and unpleasant and disgusting."
-Salman Rushdie

"Everybody favors free speech in the slack moments when no axes are being ground."
-Heywood Broun

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Because they're white is that prima facia evidence that they're "racist?"
View Quote
Nope, and are asking me if I think because they are white I think they are racist? 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, now we're at forks making people fat, guns killing people and being called a racist makes you a racist.

Dammit.  A decade of that and I ended up married to a Celestial.  Their word magic didn't work on me.  Must have been the Asian counter-sorcery in the house...

Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top