Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:59:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

You are so predictable.
It's almost laughable.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:01:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gcpd19:

1) The Mexicans do extradite enough BGs to make this one BG not worth it (esp when he will die in a TX prison either way)...

Texas does not offer life in prison in a capital murder case, its either the death sentence or conviction on non-capital death.

A presidential commutation to life in prison trumps TX law...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:02:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Primos:

Originally Posted By MTUSA:
The great State of TX needs to handle this.
Dubya had two highpoints.
AWB sunset
SCOTUS appointees.
Facking Politicians

AWB sunset:  he said he would sign it if it came to his desk.
Obviously, he probably knew it wouldn't, so that made it easy to play both sides.
BUT, what if it had come to his desk?  He signed the campaign finance reform with no hesitations, even after he said he opposed it.
Short answer:  we will never know what he would have done.  So that's not a "plus" for him.

SCOTUS appointees:  We'll see how they actually play out.  We haven't had any good, hard decisions come before them yet.  
Remember, he nominated Harriet Myers.  "Trust me" he said.
That's a plus?

This guy is a traitor.  Plain and simple.  He's the best president Iraq and Mexico ever had.

We know what he would have done with the AWB -- he would have signed it.  He has made this clear in the past.

And he also wanted to appoint "Fredo" to the USSC, not just Meyers.  And he was very pissy about being stopped.

Bush is not our friend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:02:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dragongoddess:
There is nothing to lose here. Mexico will not send anyone back to us who will face a death penalty regardless.

And if we execute this guy, that changes to 'Mexico will not send anyone back to us, regardless'...

Not good...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:03:38 PM EDT

1) The Mexicans do extradite enough BGs to make this one BG not worth it (esp when he will die in a TX prison either way)...

Texas does not offer life in prison in a capital murder case, its either the death sentence or conviction on non-capital death.

In your opinion.

Can he get away with it?  Yes.

Should he be doing it, and should it be legal?  Absolutely not.

Your advocacy of the 'do-no-wrong gubmint' is disgusting.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:04:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bobby_the_Hun:
George, you ding-dong, you very well know the Executive Branch cannot tell the Judicial Branch what to do.

He's not telling them what to do...

He is going to commute the sentence from death (under his Constitutional power to grant 'pardons and reprieves') to life in prison..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:04:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dragongoddess:
There is nothing to lose here. Mexico will not send anyone back to us who will face a death penalty regardless.

And if we execute this guy, that changes to 'Mexico will not send anyone back to us, regardless'...

Not good...

Mexico cooperates in the most minimal way right now.  They really couldn't do all that much worse.

We let Mexico get away with this the same way we let Mexico get away with massive diplomatic violations.  We don't have to.  They need us more than we need them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:04:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By trwoprod:

Originally Posted By Primos:

Originally Posted By MTUSA:
The great State of TX needs to handle this.
Dubya had two highpoints.
AWB sunset
SCOTUS appointees.
Facking Politicians

AWB sunset:  he said he would sign it if it came to his desk.
Obviously, he probably knew it wouldn't, so that made it easy to play both sides.
BUT, what if it had come to his desk?  He signed the campaign finance reform with no hesitations, even after he said he opposed it.
Short answer:  we will never know what he would have done.  So that's not a "plus" for him.

SCOTUS appointees:  We'll see how they actually play out.  We haven't had any good, hard decisions come before them yet.  
Remember, he nominated Harriet Myers.  "Trust me" he said.
That's a plus?

This guy is a traitor.  Plain and simple.  He's the best president Iraq and Mexico ever had.

We know what he would have done with the AWB -- he would have signed it.  He has made this clear in the past.

And he also wanted to appoint "Fredo" to the USSC, not just Meyers.  And he was very pissy about being stopped.

Bush is not our friend.

Si senor, Jorge Bush is *our* friend!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:05:35 PM EDT

George, you ding-dong, you very well know the Executive Branch cannot tell the Judicial Branch what to do.

He's not telling them what to do...

He is going to commute the sentence from death (under his Constitutional power to grant 'pardons and reprieves') to life in prison..

We would certainly do something like that.  That would be juvenile, wrong, a horrible precedent, and weak -- in other words, exactly up GW's alley.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:05:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 12:06:03 PM EDT by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

It has to be done... We can't make national policy based on personal emotional reactions of 2 citizens and a few who just hear 'illegal Immigrant' and think 'Must Die'....

I just hear "murdering rapist" and think "must die", but YMMV.

I say we can fix this pretty easily....

Grant the guy a special citizenship dispensation with a bill through congress.

THEN we give him the hotshot.

Believe me, I'd love to see him executed too...

But as long as execution would disrupt broader national interests...

Life without parole is an acceptable substitute...

Remember: He is still a child molester in a maximum security prison... I doubt prison will be 'enjoyable' for him...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:06 PM EDT

"...for offenses against The United States..."

I always thought this meant Federal jurisdiction, not state matters.
Learn something new every day.
Still sucks.

Our murderers running to Mexico to escape justice.
Their criminals still knowing that Texas will jack them up hard.
Win-Win, since Mexico is full of shit about tracking, apprehending and returning criminals.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:22 PM EDT

It has to be done... We can't make national policy based on personal emotional reactions of 2 citizens and a few who just hear 'illegal Immigrant' and think 'Must Die'....

I just hear "murdering rapist" and think "must die", but YMMV.

I say we can fix this pretty easily....

Grant the guy a special citizenship dispensation with a bill through congress.

THEN we give him the hotshot.

Believe me, I'd love to see him executed too...

But as long as execution would disrupt broader national interests...

Life without parole is an acceptable substitute...

Remember: He is still a child molester in a maximum security prison... I doubt prison will be 'enjoyable' for him...

Dude, I have spent most of my life in Texas and Mexico, growing up and working.  This NEVER changes.  Mexico ALWAYS paints something they don't want to do, however trivial, as a HUGE DIPLOMATIC PROBLEM!!!!!!  They have been doing that for years and the last president to tell them to sit and spin was Reagan. And do you know what they did?  They shut up and cooperated.  There is NO national interest issue here.  This is Mexico -- MEXICO -- and it always gets painted as the end of the world by the Mexicans.  It never is.  You are being played, dude.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By happycynic:
You know, for once I'd like to see us act like the dominant power in the world and have people compromise for us.  We'll execute the bastard, and if Mexico wants to start shit by cancelling the treating we'll just go Blackjack on their ass again.  

I swear, no one fucking trated the Romans like this.

I, for one, don't want to invade Mexico. Frankly there's nothing in Mexico I think we want.

Dave_A is right...there are larger issues at stake here.

The issue you are hitting at here is that we've been such nice guys for such a long time that nations like Mexico don't give a second thought about trying to cornhole us over the fate of some thug bastard like this one, and it's a damn good point....

But I don't really know what we can do about it at this point.

Don't give them aid and close the border.  Will hurt American business, but they can set up shop in another third-world crap hole for cheap labor.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:23:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sandblaster:
Bush wants the State of Texas to pardon illegal immigrant who confessed to murdering and raping two teenage girls commuted to a life sentence - WTF!!??

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway) and will refuse to extradite prisoners who may face capital punishment....

There are many more serious criminals in MX that we want to capture & try here... Drug bosses & US fugitives, in perticular...

If it takes keeping the above shitbag in jail for life... From a national perspective it's worth it...

im sure the families of those young girls feel exactly as you do

lets just send a message now...come to america for free jobs, no taxes, federal handouts...and while youre here, feel free to rape, pillage, and murder all US citizens as you see fit w/ no little to no consequences.  

why dont we just put it on a fucking poster, we can staple it to fence posts on the border in espanol.  we can include a free handout bucket w/ race cards to pull just incase they feel their rights are under attack.  as a bonus the first 500 illegals across that day get a free NY state drivers liscence.

somebody just give jorge a fiddle
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:27:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TXmetalhead:

Originally Posted By sandblaster:
Bush wants the State of Texas to pardon illegal immigrant who confessed to murdering and raping two teenage girls commuted to a life sentence - WTF!!??

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway) and will refuse to extradite prisoners who may face capital punishment....

There are many more serious criminals in MX that we want to capture & try here... Drug bosses & US fugitives, in perticular...

If it takes keeping the above shitbag in jail for life... From a national perspective it's worth it...

im sure the families of those young girls feel exactly as you do

lets just send a message now...come to america for free jobs, no taxes, federal handouts...and while youre here, feel free to rape, pillage, and murder all US citizens as you see fit w/ no little to no consequences.  

why dont we just put it on a fucking poster, we can staple it to fence posts on the border in espanol.  we can include a free handout bucket w/ race cards to pull just incase they feel their rights are under attack.  as a bonus the first 500 illegals across that day get a free NY state drivers liscence.

somebody just give jorge a fiddle

Please don't give GW any more ideas.  He has already suggested that the Mexican government give their nationals a card to present to police notifying them of their rights.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:33:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By happycynic:
You know, for once I'd like to see us act like the dominant power in the world and have people compromise for us.  We'll execute the bastard, and if Mexico wants to start shit by cancelling the treating we'll just go Blackjack on their ass again.  

I swear, no one fucking trated the Romans like this.

I, for one, don't want to invade Mexico. Frankly there's nothing in Mexico I think we want.

Dave_A is right...there are larger issues at stake here.

The issue you are hitting at here is that we've been such nice guys for such a long time that nations like Mexico don't give a second thought about trying to cornhole us over the fate of some thug bastard like this one, and it's a damn good point....

But I don't really know what we can do about it at this point.

The way to stop getting treated like a pussy is to stop acting like a pussy.  Now is as good a time as any to grow a ball.  An invasion is obviously hyperbole, but we can put more pressure on them than they can on us.  They want to play hardball over this and we bloody their nose.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:00:08 PM EDT
The MS-13 that I deal with on a Daily Basis live a better life in Jail than they did back in their Countries ( El Salvador,Honduras )

It's a Big Joke, they murder people and still get treated with "Kid Gloves"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:50:40 PM EDT
I still feel that I had little choice.  But I must admit, sadly and reluctantly, that I did vote for the traitorus bastard son of a bitch shrub.

Bastard!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:39:29 PM EDT

Thats in the Constitution. I don't think George respects the Constitution very much...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:57:15 PM EDT
So now we have 15-30 million illegal mexicans in this country who now know that they will never have to face execution if they commit murder here?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:59:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By America-first:
So now we have 15-30 million illegal mexicans in this country who now know that they will never have to face execution if they commit murder here?

Yes.  Or pay income tax, or pay for their car insurance, or make their kids learn in school, or have to pay for welfare fraud ....

Thanks, George.  Thanks a lot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top