Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:55:04 AM EDT
Bush wants the State of Texas to pardon illegal immigrant who confessed to murdering and raping two teenage girls commuted to a life sentence - WTF!!??
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This clown is going to kill the GOP.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I think pardon is overstating it. But apparently he DID agree to block the death sentence, as ordered by an international court. Not good news.

(for the GOP, for states' rights, for America...)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If the court agrees there are 50 more illegals that could have their sentences commuted. (Fox News)

This is not good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Story?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.  This totally amazes me.  

-K
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep. This cocksucker was part of a mexican gang that I think gang raped and killed two girls.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Story?

STORY
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Yet, 2 border patrol officers rot away in prison for doing their job, and he refuses to intervene.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wow.  This totally amazes me.  

-K

Wow, this from the deciderer?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#11]
this is my surprised face
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#12]
stupid asshole....... does anyone truly know what the deal is with ol' george? is he being blackmailed or has he just lost his fucking mind?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
That is wrong.  The President needs to stay out of state affairs.  And the ICJ needs to stay out of the American legal system.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
stupid asshole....... does anyone truly know what the deal is with ol' george? is he being blackmailed or has he just lost his fucking mind?

No.  Just the typical politician.  The lives of the citizens don't count for shit so long as his cronies and supporters get the deal they want with Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Obviously some hi level mexican government official dropped a dime and our President picked it up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I just sent a link to that page to everyone in my email contact list.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#17]
The great State of TX needs to handle this.
Dubya had two highpoints.
AWB sunset
SCOTUS appointees.
Facking Politicians
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Just the typical politician.  The lives of the citizens don't count for shit so long as his cronies and supporters get the deal they want with Mexico.

eh I dunno man.... illegal immigration is a big issue and on top of that he didnt start acting like this until the democrats took office. Pelosi was looking awfully smug that day when she was sitting across from him in his office. sorry but I don't buy it. I do buy that he's an asshole and is not acting in the best interests of the people, but I think there are a few things he's doing on his own accord i.e. NAFTA and Patriot Act, however I think there's also some shit he's being coerced into in order to make the republican party look idiotic in order to get more votes for the coming election. I really do believe Pelosi is pulling some shit behind the curtains...... I just don't see how the dude can suddenly flip out, especially over an issue such as rape and murder. I don't buy it, not for a second. something isn't right. Despite overwhelming protest from the democratic party, Pelosi stated there would be no impeachment and I believe she is using that to get what she wants.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#19]
If this wasn't enough to ruin your day lets not forget...
1 billion to Mexico
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#20]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

He needs to just sit in his office and STFU.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Did he at least give a reason?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
but but but Bush is the greatest president ever right?!?!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bush wants the State of Texas to pardon illegal immigrant who confessed to murdering and raping two teenage girls commuted to a life sentence - WTF!!??

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway) and will refuse to extradite prisoners who may face capital punishment....

There are many more serious criminals in MX that we want to capture & try here... Drug bosses & US fugitives, in perticular...

If it takes keeping the above shitbag in jail for life... From a national perspective it's worth it...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Was this done in regard to the consular notification laws for foreigners?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway)....

There are many more serious criminals in MX that we want to capture & try here... Drug bosses & US fugitives, in perticular...

If it takes keeping the above shitbag in jail for life... From a national perspective it's worth it...

Except Mexico usually has a "hard time" finding the rich bad guys in their country.  And if people go to Mexico to grab them, we gladly hand those Americans over to the Mexican legal system.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh, and frankly, as soon as this bad guy had an attorney, the attorney should have researched or known of the consular law.  That he did not may give rise to a malpractice action, but should not harm a case in which the criminal admits guilt regardless.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Your post makes sense from a diplomatic viewpoint, however try telling the parents of the girls who were raped that the shitbird is still alive living at the taxpayer's expense

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway) and will refuse to extradite prisoners who may face capital punishment....

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
George, you ding-dong, you very well know the Executive Branch cannot tell the Judicial Branch what to do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I did a double take when I read the headlines, but I wasn't really surprised.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Meanwhile, two (former) Border Patrol agents remain in prison for shooting a drug runner.  Go figure!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You mean "has"

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he doesn't, we lose our extradition treaty with MX, as they have an awful european view of the death penalty (granted, life-without-parole in a MX prison would be WORSE than execution, but anyway)....

Except Mexico usually has a "hard time" finding the rich bad guys in their country.  And if people go to Mexico to grab them, we gladly hand those Americans over to the Mexican legal system.

1) The Mexicans do extradite enough BGs to make this one BG not worth it (esp when he will die in a TX prison either way)...

2) When those people go down to MX without government sanction, and proceed to violate MX law in the process of retrieving said fugitives, yes, we extradite them... That's what the treaty says we're supposed to do...

Just like if a MX bounty hunter came up into the US, and broke a bunch of laws to capture a MX fugitive...

Bush can do no wrong in your eyes!!

and Dog the bounty hunter was capturing an American fugitive, not a Mexican fugitive.

He also didnt break "a bunch of laws", he just broke one law that says professional bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#34]
i know you gotta take the bad with the good...    but WTF!!!!!!

the Mexican Consul must lick some good asshole for this to happen ..  

toss that salad...  cause franlky it working for you mr cunsul.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
 We cannot give Mexican criminals preferential treatment without extending that same treatment to US criminals.  

Well, that particular horse is out of the barn.  Every illegal out there seems to get preferential treatment.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Already has.  Hillary owes him a blowjob.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already has.  Hillary owes him a blowjob.

Other way around.  Hillary is going to demand a BJ from Bush and he'll do it like a good little bitch.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It has to be done... We can't make national policy based on personal emotional reactions of 2 citizens and a few who just hear 'illegal Immigrant' and think 'Must Die'....

I just hear "murdering rapist" and think "must die", but YMMV.

I say we can fix this pretty easily....

Grant the guy a special citizenship dispensation with a bill through congress.

THEN we give him the hotshot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#39]
He needs to get off of Mexicos d*ck
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Other than "letting" the AWB expire, what has he done?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, for once I'd like to see us act like the dominant power in the world and have people compromise for us.  We'll execute the bastard, and if Mexico wants to start shit by cancelling the treating we'll just go Blackjack on their ass again.  

I swear, no one fucking trated the Romans like this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You know, for once I'd like to see us act like the dominant power in the world and have people compromise for us.  We'll execute the bastard, and if Mexico wants to start shit by cancelling the treating we'll just go Blackjack on their ass again.  

I swear, no one fucking trated the Romans like this.

I, for one, don't want to invade Mexico. Frankly there's nothing in Mexico I think we want.

Dave_A is right...there are larger issues at stake here.

The issue you are hitting at here is that we've been such nice guys for such a long time that nations like Mexico don't give a second thought about trying to cornhole us over the fate of some thug bastard like this one, and it's a damn good point....

But I don't really know what we can do about it at this point.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought we had our own court system.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Story?

THe Mexican consulate was not notified of his arrest.

The US signed a treaty with just about every nation on the planet saying that if you arrest a foriegner the arresting officer will offer to notify the suspects consulate.

I dont know about Texas but here they dont have us memorize consulate telephone numbers. So i ask the suspect "Would you like me to notify your consulate?" which usually gets a response of "Que?" but i have met the letter of the law. if he says "Si" I'll be happty to do that for your senior...whats the number? Oh you dont know either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I think pardon is overstating it. But apparently he DID agree to block the death sentence, as ordered by an international court.

Any chance we could get that "international court" to order Mexico to reimburse us for the billions and billions of dollars their citizens have stolen from us?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Any chance we could get that "international court" to order Mexico to reimburse us for the billions and billions of dollars their citizens have stolen from us?

Increasingly "international law" is just like our domestic criminal system....aimed more at protecting the bad guys than the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think pardon is overstating it. But apparently he DID agree to block the death sentence, as ordered by an international court.

No.  The Mexican rich white upper class is running a scam where they get the US taxpayer to pay for their poor.  They don't want to pay for anything.  That is why they are doing this in the first place.  So no, we don't get to bill them for anything.

So why is Bush doing this?  He's a liberal New England country club Republican who can relate more to Mexico's rich white upper class than to Americans in general.  And he wants to help his friends.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So why is Bush doing this?  He's a liberal New England country club Republican who can relate more to Mexico's rich white upper class than to Americans in general.  And he wants to help his friends.

OR perhaps because he is president of the United States and every decision he makes carries levels of suck with it.

He could be simply weighing the level of suck in this one case against the level of suck caused in the future if he doesn't play ball with Mehico on this one and deciding to stick with the lesser of two sucks.

People don't seem to realize that being president is often choosing from a menu ranging from bad to truly awful.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OR perhaps because he is president of the United States and every decision he makes carries levels of suck with it.

He could be simply weighing the level of suck in this one case against the level of suck caused in the future if he doesn't play ball with Mehico on this one and deciding to stick with the lesser of two sucks.

People don't seem to realize that being president is often choosing from a menu ranging from bad to truly awful.

How in the world is pushing a developed country with a corrupt upper class to care for their own poor a bad choice?  Mexico has to play ball with us not the other way around.  That is what is really tragic here.  Mexico can't piss us off that badly.  We have them by the balls.  And GW acts like it is the exact opposite.

And no, there isn't something that he knows that I don't.  I heard that line during his father's administration as well and you know ... he turned out to be just he dumbass we thought he was.  His kid doesn't appear to have any hidden depths we don't know about either.  He's just wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The great State of TX needs to handle this.
Dubya had two highpoints.
AWB sunset
SCOTUS appointees.
Facking Politicians

AWB sunset:  he said he would sign it if it came to his desk.
Obviously, he probably knew it wouldn't, so that made it easy to play both sides.
BUT, what if it had come to his desk?  He signed the campaign finance reform with no hesitations, even after he said he opposed it.
Short answer:  we will never know what he would have done.  So that's not a "plus" for him.

SCOTUS appointees:  We'll see how they actually play out.  We haven't had any good, hard decisions come before them yet.  
Remember, he nominated Harriet Myers.  "Trust me" he said.
That's a plus?

This guy is a traitor.  Plain and simple.  He's the best president Iraq and Mexico ever had.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top