Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And do what?

Hopefully liberate Rhodesia.

plus fucking one!!!!!!!

wild gesse!!!!!!!!
(someone had to say it, might as well be me)

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And do what?

Hopefully liberate Rhodesia.

(someone had to say it, might as well be me)

one could only hope
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just Open a new Business under a new name and hire all of the old Blackwater folks on there and go back to biz as usual?

That's what's going to happen even if "Blackwater" is forced out of Iraq and the DOS has to get a new contracting company. The guys wearing Blackwater shirts will go work for whatever company gets the new DOS contract wearing different shirts.

This is all politics.

EDIT -- It would be nice to have a link to the actual story mentioned in the original post. Thusfar I'm not seeing anything on CNN's website about it or on BW's site about it.

Shhhh. Dont tell people anyone the people working for BW are independent contractors and will just jump on the next contract, its a secret.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just Open a new Business under a new name and hire all of the old Blackwater folks on there and go back to biz as usual?

That's what I was getting at too. They are too good, and make far too much money, at contracting to stop that altogether.

Call them "Ravenwood"

I see I'm not the only arfcommer who watched "jericho".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Training only...? Yikes.

Must be getting too much heat in the press. Or, they're retiring the BW name and going with a new one...?

I would bet that they will spawn a subsidary and take over the "closed" business
Just too much money to be made

No amount of money is worth being arrested on bullshit charges in some shithole country.

The .gov has effectively negotiated away immunity for contractors, something the Iraqis have wanted for some time now.  So the contractors - the smart ones - are saying, "Well, fuck it.  You can have it.  Good luck, now, ya hear."

John
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably due to the decision to make contractors subject to the local nations criminal justice system. There was a thred about that here a week or two ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Eric Prince has alot of money....he won't risk letting some court somewhere's sue him out of his money.

I bet they pop up in the Pacific for the Marines new Marianas Islands training complex coming online in the next few years. Question is will Parson's Group let Eric come and play in their part of the world?....time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:29:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

www.greystone-ltd.com/security.html

Whoa.

"The beginning of January 2008, Greystone received a list of questions from Mother Jones Magazine. In an effort to be transparent, Greystone is posting the questions and the company's responses to those questions.

Greystone was not able to answer all questions related to specific sub-contractors and customers due to operational security, contractual obligations and customers desires.

1. On Greystone's web site, the company notes, "It is more difficult than ever for an organization to successfully protect its interest against diverse and complicated threats in today's grey world where the solutions to your security concerns are no longer black and white." Please elaborate on why today's security concerns are no longer black or white and the specific types of security solutions this environment requires. Did this contribute to the firm being named "Greystone?
Today's security concerns are no longer black and white because threats are constantly changing, requiring evolving solutions to meet the needs of various environments. Every security situation is unique and requires a tailored, culturally sensitive and well thought security package to meet the specific requirements of a customer.

No. The company was named "Greystone" because it was formed as a sister company to "Blackwater" and the names complimented each other well."  

Link to their "about us" page.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what's going to happen even if "Blackwater" is forced out of Iraq and the DOS has to get a new contracting company. The guys wearing Blackwater shirts will go work for whatever company gets the new DOS contract wearing different shirts.

This is all politics.

EDIT -- It would be nice to have a link to the actual story mentioned in the original post. Thusfar I'm not seeing anything on CNN's website about it or on BW's site about it.

Or just spin that portion of the business off for a profit and a new name.

www.greystone-ltd.com/security.html

EMPLOYMENT OPORTUNITIES

Thank you for your interest in building a safer world for everyone. Greystone LTD is not accepting any resumes or CVs at this time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Instead of editing my previous post I posted a reply.  Sorry
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And do what?

Sell more classes, t-shirts, and hats to wanna-be's
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or, they're retiring the BW name and going with a new one...?

The Halliburton Killing Machine?

I like "The Haliburton Baby Eaters" better, got a ring to it...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Rochester, NY (AP) -- In a surprise move new security contractor Barfkom Worldwide cancelled the security contract picked up after Blackwater Worldwide's sudden exit from Iraq last night.

Owner Juan Avila was quoted as saying, "It seemed like a great way to make up for all those Gunstock T Shirts in the cellar, but our troops are really more accustomed to shooting at old refrigerators and rusty cars, the whole people shooting back thing would have been a problem, but really I was in trouble before that.'

"This morning I was unable to locate any of my contractors We feared kidnapping at first, but really they are mostly pretty big guys and are hard to carry off. About 11:00 pm I checked the server logs and we found most of them in a TGI Fridays with WiFi next to JFK. In retrospect a business staffed by people who I knew already played on the computer all day at work may have been a flawed business model."

When asked, Avila admitted that 20 of his employees were captured by Wal Mart Greeter Stella Hancock of York, Pennsylvania. Hancock, a 72 year old retired 2nd grade teacher, released the following statement. "I told those boys to show me their receipts, and the first one said some nonsense about the Constitution and then they all told me to "Disengage" because they were "blading." When they are done weeding my strawberry patch I will call their parents to pick them up."

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Blackwater puts private contracting in back seat
By MATT APUZZO • ASSOCIATED PRESS • July 22, 2008

Dang I do wish DeVos would have won in 06
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Defense Secretary Robert Gates is looking into the use of contractors for combat and security training.

"Why have we come to rely on private contractors to provide combat or combat-related security training for our forces?" Gates wrote in a July 10 memo to the Pentagon's top military officer, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen.

Because of then Pres. Clinton's military reductions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess they don't have the faith in their political connections to protect them anymore after that last party with the ATF.

And:

Quoted:

Defense Secretary Robert Gates is looking into the use of contractors for combat and security training.

"Why have we come to rely on private contractors to provide combat or combat-related security training for our forces?" Gates wrote in a July 10 memo to the Pentagon's top military officer, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen.

Because of then Pres. Clinton's military reductions.

It's called overextending, or in lay terms biting off more than you can chew, repeatedly. We had enough resources to kick the shit out of anybody over there. It's the extended camp out that things have turned into that makes our needs so great.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They should follow in Jericho's foot steps.

RavenWood.

This.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top