Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy strikes me as the douche player on the really good high school football team.   He was there, yeah, and probably gave a journeyman performance, probably well liked, certainly skilled and by no means a poser.   But somehow the one person telling you the most about his on field heroics and super bad assery is.... him.  

He's obviously a self aggrandizing, name dropping, attention whoring self-promoter.   That he walked the walk and talked the talk as a SEAL does not make this any less so.  

His view on guns is tainted by a huge dose of "the only one professional enough-ism" -- he's an elitist in his mind on gun and defense issues, and no less so than some stuffed-shirt senator feels like a part of the elite, or the old French Revolution era aristocrats viewed themselves as part of the elite, the privileged few, the philosopher kings who get to rule and control and feel almost entitled to it.

Hey Brandon:   Smell my ass.  It stinks like the rancorous shit you're trying to slip into the NRA.   Fuck you, man.   Fuck you right in the ear.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Supporting gun control is still supporting gun control, no matter what branch of the service you use as your personal penis pump.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea...I'm gonna go with...fuck off Brandon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
LULZ, You guys don't know a lot of SEALs do you? Pretty much par for the course.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This man is up to no good...

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Not in the MIL, but I don't see how being a SEAL Sniper qualifies you as having an educated say in the legalities of firearms. There are plenty of great hunters out there that literally know nothing about guns as a field - which is 100% fine as long as you don't try to sell yourself as something you are not. For the same reason, just cause Person X is a successful NASCAR driver doesn't mean I want them as my mechanic.

From what I've seen about Mr. Webb, he seems like a nice guy, but I wouldn't vote for him either with statements like that. Compromise isn't always a good thing. Compromise can get people killed, which I imagine he should know that better than me. You don't "compromise" on gun laws, instead you implement the best plan possible.

Although I like guns, my conclusion on certain legalities comes from statistical facts. From Mr. Webb's comments, it is not clear that he understands the facts governing firearms as he is not transparent about his intentions - which is a huge problem for me. Further more, the "compromise" comment, him citing his military experience as qualifying him on social issues, and the "gun owner idiots" comment raise red flags for me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Larry's been a Benefactor Life Member for the 12 years I've known him and frequently donates to NRA-ILA. He's the most pro-gun person--- for everyone--- that I've ever met. Back in the spring he was taking up donations for the NRA in his classes and even offered class rebates for NRA members.

Like him or not, he's 110% on our side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the LAV should run against him, i've heard he's entertained the the idea of being on the NRA board as well.

Larry's been a Benefactor Life Member for the 12 years I've known him and frequently donates to NRA-ILA. He's the most pro-gun person--- for everyone--- that I've ever met. Back in the spring he was taking up donations for the NRA in his classes and even offered class rebates for NRA members.

Like him or not, he's 110% on our side.

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against him and believe he'd be a pro gun force to be reckoned with in such a capacity. He and GD have some what of a contentious relationship is all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Incrementalism not compromise.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DAMMIT!  I knew there was something I forgot to ask him about.  I am going to send him an email about this sometime later this week.

I would love to see him do this but he has a lot of irons in the fire at this time.

I can tell you this much. I know  some of you don't like Larry but he would be no compromise, no mercy, no quarter to the hilt on the 2nd amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the LAV should run against him, i've heard he's entertained the the idea of being on the NRA board as well.

DAMMIT!  I knew there was something I forgot to ask him about.  I am going to send him an email about this sometime later this week.

I would love to see him do this but he has a lot of irons in the fire at this time.

I can tell you this much. I know  some of you don't like Larry but he would be no compromise, no mercy, no quarter to the hilt on the 2nd amendment.

I have nothing against Larry and would love to see him throw his hat in the ring, he is a far better representative than this idiot.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Universal training for CCW? Nope, nope, nope. He likes the term "common sense gun laws" too much. He's somebody's plant.

yep

Didn't babs boxer come up with this nonsense a few years back when a bill pushing nation wide ccw permits were talked about?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy is a plant by the anti-gun left, wrapped up in a sniper package.  Alert!  Don't vote for this douche!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll bet dollars to donuts that his candidacy is being funded by Michael Bloomberg.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#14]
wonder how much bloomberg is contributing to the campaign... as well as personally rewarding him....
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll bet dollars to donuts that his candidacy is being funded by Michael Bloomberg.

View Quote

And something like this.  

He's definitely not on our side.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck this guy.

Anyone who cannot tell you his position and tells you to check back later is up to no good.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:41:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone ought to offer to debate this guy. He needs to be asked to his face if he's been in contact with any anti gun groups.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This man is up to no good...

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:49:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Wouldnt be hard to find out................I wouldnt vote for him

Quoted:
wonder how much bloomberg is contributing to the campaign... as well as personally rewarding him....
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:49:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm sure Wilcow will take him to task. He's on that program all the time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont know who he is but if he hangs much more chain on that sewer pipe he is going to have a mess in that garage.

He must be some kind of sniper.  

Burning a brush pile with diesel does not make you qualified to be on the board of Exxon so why should shooting a gun for armed services make you qualified to be on the board of the NRA
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh, yeah, fuck that guy.  That community churns out douchebags like nobody's business.

http://www.brandontylerwebb.com/830/the-gun-problem-in-america/

Sometimes change, as difficult as it can be at first, is a good thing, after all it was once within our constitutional rights to own and enslave other human beings.If we continue to do nothing then we can expect more mass shootings in the near future. Remember that when you kiss your kids goodbye on their way to school.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#27]
How can he possibly even think he has a chance at being elected?

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He seems to have a very high opinion of himself, that's why.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone at anytime using the term or like term: "Common Sense" gun legislation.....is the Fucking Enemy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Compromise?  Fuck Off Brandon W

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheer arrogance makes for sheer stupidity.

He'll lose his ass, and then join the dark side spouting to every person or media outlet that will listen that the NRA is nothing but a bunch of mouth-breathing retards.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:35:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Supporting gun control is still supporting gun control, no matter what branch of the service you use as your personal penis pump.
View Quote

Sig line material, this.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#33]
How does being a former sniper make one an expert at anything but being a sniper?  That dude has obviously been hanging out at arfcom to think that mil service puts you above citizens and sniper training makes you a god.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fuck this guy.

Anyone who cannot tell you his position and tells you to check back later is up to no good.
View Quote

Yeah, it's pretty simple. I doubt he'd make the same response if the question was about child rape.

Personally, I'm starting to think there's something to be said about "quiet professionalism". Are there even any wartime books from a member of CAG? I'm aware of Haney's book, but personally can't think of a single one written during the GWOT by an active/retired member.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Looks like a queer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Oh, yeah, fuck that guy.  That community churns out douchebags like nobody's business.

http://www.brandontylerwebb.com/830/the-gun-problem-in-america/

Sometimes change, as difficult as it can be at first, is a good thing, after all it was once within our constitutional rights to own and enslave other human beings.If we continue to do nothing then we can expect more mass shootings in the near future. Remember that when you kiss your kids goodbye on their way to school.
View Quote

Was just about to quote that... right out of left-wing talking points.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I'm a voting member so he will definitely not get my vote.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

LULZ, You guys don't know a lot of SEALs do you? Pretty much par for the course.
View Quote

Personally, I try to limit myself to SFOD-D guys.

What a dipshit thing to say. I'm pretty sure most people "don't know a lot of SEALs".

Call it a hunch Mr. Dog. And kudos for the droves of SEALs you call close, personal friends!!

We'll file that lil nugget under "D" for "Don't Give a Shit".
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm sure Wilcow will take him to task. He's on that program all the time.
View Quote

Wilkow worships Brandon Webb, he's not going to take him to task.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#42]
His answers to questions are like obama's answers when he was running in 2008. He says nothing.  

He dodges giving a direct answer and has to answer LATER?  Red flag here.

Sounds like he will CAVE to anti gunners in a heart beat.  NO THANKS!

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#43]
He called gun ownership a "sport".  He's a tool.  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, he's an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Fuck that guy and his "I'm a sniper so I understand gun rights" bullshit.

I don't give a shit if you've personally fired so many rounds and killed so many hadji's that Rob Leatham and Carlos Hathcock are jealous you don't get to tell me about "reasonable restrictions" on gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brandon Webb recently (Dec 2nd) announced his intention to run for an NRA board seat in 2015.

OK, after reading the post above I am changing my stance from "maybe he is misunderstood" to "fuck this guy"...

Fuck that guy and his "I'm a sniper so I understand gun rights" bullshit.

I don't give a shit if you've personally fired so many rounds and killed so many hadji's that Rob Leatham and Carlos Hathcock are jealous you don't get to tell me about "reasonable restrictions" on gun owners.
Yep.

"If my professional accomplishments and expertise as a sniper don't qualify me to some degree then I don't know what to tell you. Of course when I'm submitting my package I'll give you my points on what I'd improve."

No, while laudable, those accomplishments mean jack shit in terms of qualifications to make any sort of policy.

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#46]
The military surplus firearms market may be drying up, but it seems we have a surplus of military who think they know best when it comes to firearms.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#47]

This adequately expresses my feelings.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Brandon Webb:

"I don’t have all the solutions on this issue but I do know that I’m personally ready to compromise to limit mass shootings, and I’m ready to have an intelligent conversation on this issue.  If leading gun organizations like the NRA don’t take a leadership role in proposing realistic solutions, then they will have failed to truly represent gun owners. The result will be that politicians will end up passing more ridiculous laws that don’t make sense for anyone. The issue is cultural also, you can’t just go after gun control. Most silly laws passed, especially magazine limitations. It’s like trying to get rid of drunk drivers by shrinking the size of gas tanks in cars. Yes, it really is that silly.

Sometimes change, as difficult as it can be at first, is a good thing, after all it was once within our constitutional rights to own and enslave other human beings.If we continue to do nothing then we can expect more mass shootings in the near future. Remember that when you kiss your kids goodbye on their way to school."[/span]
View Quote

No way.  Way too much anti-gun keywords and phraseology.  Not a chance in Hell I'll vote for this turncoat.
As a gun owner, I've compromised too much.  Not another inch, if I can help it.  And I certainly won't vote for someone who doesn't feel the same way.
Pardon the language, but fuck him.  Fuck him with TRG's backup dick.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#50]
IQ test for gun rights?  He wants to disarm Joe Biden.

Sounds like a MAIG Bloomberg plant.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top