BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow. Didn't take long to go off topic and start the personal attacks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You think that makes a difference? That movie has made a shit ton of money already.

Doesn't matter. I just know he won't get any of MY money. You're free to give him yours if you want.

No shit. AR15.com doesn't even get your money.

Wow. Didn't take long to go off topic and start the personal attacks.

That's an observation not an attack.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cooper or Neeson, etc. They are actors, not some intellectual giants. I don't watch movies that they are in to hear their opinions. I watch the movies to see the movie. If these guys were intellectual giants, they would be in another field.
View Quote

This.

If I watched movies based on the actor's political beliefs, I'd be stuck watching all of Charlton Heston's old films.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hollywood is not anti gun.  They are anti you having a gun, big difference.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hollywood is not anti gun.  They are anti you having a gun, big difference.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't ever support him, but not because of this. When I was injured and attached to Walter reed we had a lot of celebrities and politicians come and visit us. Even Obama would just leave bodyguards in other parts of the hospital and come and shake hands. Cooper sat behind a desk, surrounded by bodyguards, and refused to even look up at anyone. Just signed a picture and handed it up. Never had a conversation with anyone. And right before he left, just posed for a few photos with guys with prosthetic. Apparently, he felt we should just be honored to see him, while others that came to visit, just wanted to help people feel happy for a little while. Hell even the Miami Heat guys visited the post op rooms, and the physical therapy areas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
After his exposure to teams and his training on this film I bet he has a different respect and feeling towards firearms
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I ask something?  More of a general overall question propagated by this specific thread.

Why do we (we meaning ARFCOM or GD) go out of our way to find underlying political bullshit to destroy things we are supposed to enjoy?

American Sniper is the story of the life and sadly the death of Chris Kyle.  There is no political undertones in the in the movie.  There's no pro gun control undertone that Cooper is trying to force upon you.  So why do we feel the need to find a way by any means possible to berate or rake over the coals a movie that is supposed to celebrate an American hero like Chris Kyle?

And you guys do that a lot.  A lot, a lot.  You guys nit pick the shit out of absolutely everything and overblow the smallest things in order to justify tearing something down.  That is how you want to honor and respect Chris Kyle?  By refusing to see his movie because there's a vague internet article out there by some no name hack that suggests somewhere at some point Cooper may have uttered a gun control sentence?  

Why can't you guys just see the movie and enjoy it for what it is - a celebration of Chris Kyle's life.  Berate Cooper if you feel you must (while also ignoring how actually little celebrities influence anything political)...but why take it out on Kyle?

I remember back when our criticism of a military movie was something like "Tears of Sun was a good movie but lol they had an aimpoint on backwards lol!" now it's "Well, the main actors donated to democrats 8 years ago!  And they once did this or that!  So F this movie!  It stunk!  Did you see that the scope was mounted 1" too far forward!!? Yeah fucking right like a SEAL would have it that far forward!  His eye relief would not in any way shape or form allow him to make that shot!  And he wore tri-colored cammies!  Fucking stupid!  Everyone knows SEAL wore xxxxxx back then!  So fake!  And the tactics!  OMG did you see the movie tactics!  Not at all all what they do!  Terrible, terrible movie!  I won't be seeing it again or supporting any more movies with XYZ in it!!"

Ever since Obama took office there has been a cultural shift to the fucking toilet at ARFCOM, especially GD.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna go watch the movie
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Snip
View Quote

Yep. I saw it.  Not really an anti-gun or anti-war movie at all.  Folks need to settle down and enjoy a decent movie when they are out there. They come out that often.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got back from it. I didn't see anything I perceived as anti gun
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think that makes a difference? That movie has made a shit ton of money already.

Doesn't matter. I just know he won't get any of MY money. You're free to give him yours if you want.

Fucking commie gun grabbers are Arf
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok, I get it. Just bought a membership (something I've been meaning to do for a while now, actually). Can we let this quietly die and get back on topic, please.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was gonna post this.  Wouldn't expect you to spend $10 on seeing s good movie if you can't support our site.

Ok, I get it. Just bought a membership (something I've been meaning to do for a while now, actually). Can we let this quietly die and get back on topic, please.

Welcome aboard sir!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can I ask something?  More of a general overall question propagated by this specific thread.

Why do we (we meaning ARFCOM or GD) go out of our way to find underlying political bullshit to destroy things we are supposed to enjoy?

American Sniper is the story of the life and sadly the death of Chris Kyle.  There is no political undertones in the in the movie. There's no pro gun control undertone that Cooper is trying to force upon you.  So why do we feel the need to find a way by any means possible to berate or rake over the coals a movie that is supposed to celebrate an American hero like Chris Kyle?

And you guys do that a lot.  A lot, a lot.  You guys nit pick the shit out of absolutely everything and overblow the smallest things in order to justify tearing something down.  That is how you want to honor and respect Chris Kyle?  By refusing to see his movie because there's a vague internet article out there by some no name hack that suggests somewhere at some point Cooper may have uttered a gun control sentence?  

Why can't you guys just see the movie and enjoy it for what it is - a celebration of Chris Kyle's life.  Berate Cooper if you feel you must (while also ignoring how actually little celebrities influence anything political)...but why take it out on Kyle?

I remember back when our criticism of a military movie was something like "Tears of Sun was a good movie but lol they had an aimpoint on backwards lol!" now it's "Well, the main actors donated to democrats 8 years ago!  And they once did this or that!  So F this movie!  It stunk!  Did you see that the scope was mounted 1" too far forward!!? Yeah fucking right like a SEAL would have it that far forward!  His eye relief would not in any way shape or form allow him to make that shot!  And he wore tri-colored cammies!  Fucking stupid!  Everyone knows SEAL wore xxxxxx back then!  So fake!  And the tactics!  OMG did you see the movie tactics!  Not at all all what they do!  Terrible, terrible movie!  I won't be seeing it again or supporting any more movies with XYZ in it!!"

Ever since Obama took office there has been a cultural shift to the fucking toilet at ARFCOM, especially GD.  
View Quote

First of all, the red highlghited  quote: Did you read the article? He stated it was a perfect opportunity to push his anti-gun agenda.

Second, the blue highlighted quote: I'm not taking anything out on Kyle. Kyle is, sadly, dead. One cannot, technically, take anything out on the dead. They are well beyond caring.

The only way to hurt the liberal, gun grabbing, douchbags in Hollywood is to hit them in the wallet. The problem is, people listen to their asinine ravings and take it for gospel and allow it to influence their thinking.    

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't realise that Bradley Cooper was the same person as A Team guy.

What kind of roids was he on?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top