BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread reminds me, I got to get my cougar from last November.  Should be finished right about now.  Just made a rug out of it though, nothing real fancy.  This is gonna be my 5th cougar pelt on my walls, gonna need to have a fancy mount done like that with the next one.

Wow...I'm so jealous.

Please post some pics when you can.

I want a cougar too.

I have pics from last years hunt, but I gotta scan the prints.  Didnt have my digicam with me at the time, I use disposables when hunting, afraid to break my fancy digital.

There has been news lately about cutting down the cougar population here in Oregon.  There is an estimated 6,000 cougars statewide (I think much more than that), and they are talking about cutting that down to 1,800 or 2,000.

They are allready to the point where you can shoot them all you want without a tag, just bring them to Fish and Game to be disposed of.  Downright easy to find around where I live.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A bobcat is a great trophy and you should be rightfully proud. Hunting is not easy, especially predators, try it yourself sometimes.

The PETA bunch seem to think you just walk out in the woods and blast animals that are frolicking all about. Some of them ought to just try hunting sometime. I doubt they would have much luck getting ANYTHING.

I am an avid hunter, naturalist and spend a couple of hours daily in the Forest.  I do think we treat animals pretty damn badly but hunting ain't it. All animals are hunted potentially all the time. They know it. Where I go I may be hunted also and I know.
People who haven't spent as much time out there as I just don't know any better.

Went out jogging this AM thru the forest to the next lake over and back. Handgun and a Kabar accompany me.  When I hike it is usually a rifle. Depends on time of year and what is about. I am not interested in getting eaten but it could happen someday and know it full well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is the point in killing a useful predator?  Just because it was within your range doesn't seem justification.

By all means, kill as many feral hogs as you can.  And during deer season, get plenty of those.  But we are long past the days when we see predators as some sort of negative.  The bobcat you killed helps keep rats, mice, and rabbits in check less they overrun your hunting lease.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is the point in killing a useful predator?  Just because it was within your range doesn't seem justification.

By all means, kill as many feral hogs as you can.  And during deer season, get plenty of those.  But we are long past the days when we see predators as some sort of negative.  The bobcat you killed helps keep rats, mice, and rabbits in check less they overrun your hunting lease.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

indeed wabbits are your friends. .they bring you eggs on easter, what other rodent does that.. or heck brings eggs at all, and you cant git bird flu from a wabbit either (i think).
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Great looking mount. My brother got one with his bow a couple of years ago, not easy by any means. They had gotten so thick around our hunting property a few years ago that we were seeing them in groups of 2 or 3 sometimes.  It is my understanding that they are usually loners and travel around their territory alone so that seemed like a bad sign. We killed about 4 in one year and haven't seen many since.  

Our main problem this last year or two has been coyotes. Packs of 5 or 6 have been a common sight We're working on it though. The beavers have managed to get on the shitlist recently also, we've killed a few this year so far.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A bow!? Were you calling for them, or did it just stumble across you?

Glad you asked.

I was pig hunting. I heard a "pig" walking up. I was looking around to see if was one that I wanted to shoot. Out pops this cat. I hadn't even picked up my bow. It was directly below me. I got my bow up and drawn, it was about 5 yards away. I shot and pinned it to the ground. It never made a sound. I got down from my stand, drug it to the base of my tree. I shot about a 175# pig about 2 hours later.

All in all it was an awesome night. The cat came out during daylight, but I shot the pig at night.

That's pretty cool, good work. I've never even seen one outside of a zoo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Good looking bobcat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
There are not as many hunters as there used to be.  As a result the increase in game and decrease in hunting pressure has caused an increase in predatory animals.  Those numbers must also be kept in check.  Hunting coyotes and bobcats is some of the hardest things to hunt.  Nothing wrong with killing a few.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#10]
NICE, I always wanted to mount one of my catches (fisherman) but the only trophy sized fish that I've caught were needed for food back in camp while up in Canuckia.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice bow kill, I have many Bobcats on my game camera and  have seen may but could not get it in bow range
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
There is no proof that predator control benefits turkey populations.

ESPN.com: Conservation

Friday, April 12, 2002
Updated: April 28, 7:17 PM ET
The truth about predators: A complex issue
By Dr. James Earl Kennamer
NWTF

Coyote
Coyotes and raccoons take a lot of unwarranted blame for low turkey numbers.
"Raccoons and coyotes have eaten all the turkeys in the area," said my hunting partner as we navigated down a small winding South Carolina dirt road.

"You mean we're turkey hunting in an area that doesn't have turkeys?" I asked with obvious concern.

"Oh no," he quickly shot back. "We have a lot of turkeys, but there would be many more if we could get rid of the coyotes and raccoons."

Maybe. Maybe not. The logic is simple: Remove the animals that kill turkeys, and there will be more turkeys. Well, it's not that simple.

Predation

Predation is the act of one animal killing another, and its influence on wildlife populations is complex. Under normal circumstances, however, turkey populations are able to handle pressure from predators and increase despite the fact that a variety of factors, including predators, weather, etc., take out about half of all nests and all poults up to six weeks of age.

It is a fact: Throughout North America, turkey populations, even in the absence of any predator management, have increased dramatically.

Population dynamics

Many factors determine whether or not a turkey population expands. Weather has a heavy influence on turkey populations, and biologists have routinely documented that poult survival is lower when spring rainfall is high. Poults, especially during the first few months of life, can die of exposure if caught in a cold spring rain or remain cold for extended periods of time.

Population growth and expansion of wild bird populations also depends largely on the quality of habitat, not the number of predators in an area. Take quail in North Carolina for instance. Biologists found a continual and dramatic decrease in quail populations in the state during the 1980s despite the fact that trappers, because of high fur prices, aggressively trapped predators, including raccoons.

Continual grassland habitat loss, which quail depend on, reduced bobwhite populations. Similarly, as wildlife habitat matures and grows less grassy, it is less attractive to quail, but becomes more beneficial for wild turkeys.

Wild turkeys have a varied diet. Similarly, predators are opportunistic feeders and go after more than just wild turkeys. Instead, most predators take what is easiest to catch and readily available. In other words, raccoons do not hunt only turkey eggs and bobcats do not go hunting solely for turkey poults.

Often, predators go after each other. For instance, coyotes eat raccoons. If you could take all the coyotes off your property, the raccoon population may increase and lead to an increase in nest destruction.

Predator reduction

For predator removal to increase turkey numbers, predators would have to be taken when it may be illegal to trap or hunt predators — during the nesting and brood-rearing season.

The only legal way to decrease the number of predators on your property is during trapping and hunting seasons. Trapping and hunting provide enjoyable recreational opportunities, but it is unlikely that enough predators can be taken to significantly increase the turkey population.

Keep in mind, many predators such as snakes can't be trapped and federal law protects others like hawks and owls. Even if a predator management program is implemented and a variety of predators are successfully removed, other predators from surrounding areas would quickly fill the void, which results basically in no net loss of predators.

For predator removal to increase turkey numbers, predators would have to be taken when it may be illegal to trap or hunt predators — during the nesting and brood-rearing season for wild turkeys.

Wildlife biologists have conducted and intensively evaluated research that studied wild turkey populations after aggressive predator removal campaigns — the research required special permits to trap, poison and shoot predators. The studies raised concerns that the potential existed for killing non-target animals, and the intensity of predator removal would be almost impossible to replicate, even if it were legal.

The research also uncovered three important findings. First, the cost was prohibitive — one study cost $67 per acre at 1975 prices, which included the cost of gas, oil, supplies, materials and labor, but not traps or trapping time.

Second, the studies were very time consuming — generally a full-time job for one person or more.

Finally, and most importantly, the studies concluded that predator control was not effective in substantially increasing turkey numbers.

Evidence from other studies suggests that many turkey populations fair well in the presence of predators because turkeys reproduce in large numbers. Hens even have the ability to nest a second time if the first nest is unsuccessful. This allows turkey populations to absorb losses without harming the long-term flock health.

If predators did not exist, many other factors limit turkey population growth. Weather, diseases, large-scale conversion of quality habitats to malls and parking lots and other factors have just as much influence, if not more, on wild turkey populations.

Quality habitat, not predator control, is the key to increasing and sustaining wild turkey populations. If you plant and maintain openings, manage timber stands with prescribed fire and follow recommended harvest strategies, the land will provide nesting and brood-rearing habitat for wild turkeys and plenty of food and cover. Wild turkeys were dealing with predators long before we decided there was a problem.

Some hunters are senseless killers.  And some people are sycophantic followers of people who kill needlessly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There is no proof that predator control benefits turkey populations.

ESPN.com: Conservation

Friday, April 12, 2002
Updated: April 28, 7:17 PM ET
The truth about predators: A complex issue
By Dr. James Earl Kennamer
NWTF

Coyote
Coyotes and raccoons take a lot of unwarranted blame for low turkey numbers.
"Raccoons and coyotes have eaten all the turkeys in the area," said my hunting partner as we navigated down a small winding South Carolina dirt road.

"You mean we're turkey hunting in an area that doesn't have turkeys?" I asked with obvious concern.

"Oh no," he quickly shot back. "We have a lot of turkeys, but there would be many more if we could get rid of the coyotes and raccoons."

Maybe. Maybe not. The logic is simple: Remove the animals that kill turkeys, and there will be more turkeys. Well, it's not that simple.

Predation

Predation is the act of one animal killing another, and its influence on wildlife populations is complex. Under normal circumstances, however, turkey populations are able to handle pressure from predators and increase despite the fact that a variety of factors, including predators, weather, etc., take out about half of all nests and all poults up to six weeks of age.

It is a fact: Throughout North America, turkey populations, even in the absence of any predator management, have increased dramatically.

Population dynamics

Many factors determine whether or not a turkey population expands. Weather has a heavy influence on turkey populations, and biologists have routinely documented that poult survival is lower when spring rainfall is high. Poults, especially during the first few months of life, can die of exposure if caught in a cold spring rain or remain cold for extended periods of time.

Population growth and expansion of wild bird populations also depends largely on the quality of habitat, not the number of predators in an area. Take quail in North Carolina for instance. Biologists found a continual and dramatic decrease in quail populations in the state during the 1980s despite the fact that trappers, because of high fur prices, aggressively trapped predators, including raccoons.

Continual grassland habitat loss, which quail depend on, reduced bobwhite populations. Similarly, as wildlife habitat matures and grows less grassy, it is less attractive to quail, but becomes more beneficial for wild turkeys.

Wild turkeys have a varied diet. Similarly, predators are opportunistic feeders and go after more than just wild turkeys. Instead, most predators take what is easiest to catch and readily available. In other words, raccoons do not hunt only turkey eggs and bobcats do not go hunting solely for turkey poults.

Often, predators go after each other. For instance, coyotes eat raccoons. If you could take all the coyotes off your property, the raccoon population may increase and lead to an increase in nest destruction.

Predator reduction

For predator removal to increase turkey numbers, predators would have to be taken when it may be illegal to trap or hunt predators — during the nesting and brood-rearing season.

The only legal way to decrease the number of predators on your property is during trapping and hunting seasons. Trapping and hunting provide enjoyable recreational opportunities, but it is unlikely that enough predators can be taken to significantly increase the turkey population.

Keep in mind, many predators such as snakes can't be trapped and federal law protects others like hawks and owls. Even if a predator management program is implemented and a variety of predators are successfully removed, other predators from surrounding areas would quickly fill the void, which results basically in no net loss of predators.

For predator removal to increase turkey numbers, predators would have to be taken when it may be illegal to trap or hunt predators — during the nesting and brood-rearing season for wild turkeys.

Wildlife biologists have conducted and intensively evaluated research that studied wild turkey populations after aggressive predator removal campaigns — the research required special permits to trap, poison and shoot predators. The studies raised concerns that the potential existed for killing non-target animals, and the intensity of predator removal would be almost impossible to replicate, even if it were legal.

The research also uncovered three important findings. First, the cost was prohibitive — one study cost $67 per acre at 1975 prices, which included the cost of gas, oil, supplies, materials and labor, but not traps or trapping time.

Second, the studies were very time consuming — generally a full-time job for one person or more.

Finally, and most importantly, the studies concluded that predator control was not effective in substantially increasing turkey numbers.

Evidence from other studies suggests that many turkey populations fair well in the presence of predators because turkeys reproduce in large numbers. Hens even have the ability to nest a second time if the first nest is unsuccessful. This allows turkey populations to absorb losses without harming the long-term flock health.

If predators did not exist, many other factors limit turkey population growth. Weather, diseases, large-scale conversion of quality habitats to malls and parking lots and other factors have just as much influence, if not more, on wild turkey populations.

Quality habitat, not predator control, is the key to increasing and sustaining wild turkey populations. If you plant and maintain openings, manage timber stands with prescribed fire and follow recommended harvest strategies, the land will provide nesting and brood-rearing habitat for wild turkeys and plenty of food and cover. Wild turkeys were dealing with predators long before we decided there was a problem.

Some hunters are senseless killers.  And some people are sycophantic followers of people who kill needlessly.

And that is complete bullshit.  No one gives a shit about turkey populations.  I care about predator populations.  STFU allready.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]

I don't think most hunters would say "kill them all" if we killed them all, we wouldn't have anything to hunt.  I don't mind bobcats, coyotes or groundhogs they are fun to hunt as well.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote:  "And that is complete bullshit. No one gives a shit about turkey populations. I care about predator populations. STFU allready."

My, aren't you the articulate one.

Even children in Middle School know that predators benefit the species they feed on by taking the old, the sick, and some of the young.  It is a law of nature.

Really, some of you children have the most immature views of nature.  We are decades past the idea that predators should be shot on sight.  

It isn't the purpose of nature to provide any of you with plenty of game to hunt.  The purpose of nature is to keep in balance.  When the balance of nature is healthy, an ecosystem can support some hunting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is a link to an Iowa State study that shows that feral dogs, feral cats, and poachers are the greatest threats to wild turkey populations.  IIRC, bobcats and coyotes are darn good predators of feral dogs and cats.

Anyone who shoots a bobcat just to kill it and to strut his manhood by showing the evidence is no better than a poacher.  They both make it bad for real hunters.

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM1302F.pdf
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Its painfully obvious that you do not know what you are talking about.  Cougars, bobcats, and coyotes around here are a terrible menace, and the populations need to be drastically reduced.  The state is going ahead with plans to kill off about 5,000 cougars in the state, and I am definately going to try and do my part.

I am going to go kill a bunch coyotes this weekend, and post pics of them here, just for you.  No one here gives a flying fuck what you think, so keep that shit to yourself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Good for you, adair.  I think killing animals out of anger sets a good example that we can all live by and makes sportsmen look really good.

If you want to kill purely for the bloodsport, be honest.  But don't tell us you do it out of some sort of sense of ecological morality.

BTW, you give Marines a bad name.  I am glad that the vast majority of Leathernecks have much more rational minds than you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good for you, adair.  I think killing animals out of anger sets a good example that we can all live by and makes sportsmen look really good.

If you want to kill purely for the bloodsport, be honest.  But don't tell us you do it out of some sort of sense of ecological morality.

BTW, you give Marines a bad name.  I am glad that the vast majority of Leathernecks have much more rational minds than you.

You give life a bad name.  I am not killing for bloodsport.  I kill them because there are too many of them, and they need to be killed.  There would not be bounties on coyotes if there werent.

Get a clue.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Here is a link to an Iowa State study that shows that feral dogs, feral cats, and poachers are the greatest threats to wild turkey populations.  IIRC, bobcats and coyotes are darn good predators of feral dogs and cats.

Anyone who shoots a bobcat just to kill it and to strut his manhood by showing the evidence is no better than a poacher.  They both make it bad for real hunters.

He took that bobcat in a perfectly legal manner. Pack up your anti-hunting, PETA gibberish and take it elsewhere. Cute "real hunter" comment you tried to throw in there. No hunter I know would spout nonsense like saying that showing a stuffed animal was "strutting his manhood." By that silly logic having a stuffed buck's head or turkey is compensating for not having a big enough penis.

Get it over with and just turn your guns over to the cops for smelting and move up to Alaska to hug a grizzly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That is such a dumb fucking statement.  He legally killed the bobcat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been here long enough to know there would be people who don't approve.
I don't give a flying fuck what they think.

Y'all ignore the anti-types.

If no one responds they will troll somewhere else.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thanks everyone.

You're right.

Nice looking 'cat, thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

www.gosmiley.com/frowning/weinender_smili.gif

You're crackin' me up with all of those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thanks everyone.

Good advice. We should all follow it far more often around here.

Fact is that without hunters many more species would be on the brink of extinction and there would be far less habitat. Same goes worldwide.
I have a friend who goes on african safari yearly. There is quite a large area set aside for hunting where he goes and it is rich in wildlife. Hunt of a lifetime he says. In any event, they told him that all of that land would be cultivated and the herds killed to prevent destruction of crops but the local economy and the State get more money from hunters.  Gives ya something to think about.

I wonder how much some of these envirowhackos do to support wildlife habitat, restocking where necessary, etc?  None in most cases. Like I said, without hunters there would be far less. My state takes money from licenses and other fees, taxes on related goods and uses those to buy land in order to increase habitat. They also do things to improve habitat.  It has been a huge success in my state.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]
You didn't leave the arrow in?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Thats a pretty mount,  
Thats cool you got him with a bow, i would be proud also

You dont see bobcats very often.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice pussy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I wonder how much some of these envirowhackos do to support wildlife habitat, restocking where necessary, etc?  None in most cases. Like I said, without hunters there would be far less. My state takes money from licenses and other fees, taxes on related goods and uses those to buy land in order to increase habitat. They also do things to improve habitat.  It has been a huge success in my state.

Every summer, when it is 100+degrees, and I am filling feeders, planting food plots, and checking the water troughs, I think the exact same thing.

How many times have some antihunter types done ANYTHING to help feed, or improve a species?

I bet NEVER.

I know I spend more money feeding, deer, pigs, turkeys, and quail than any antihunter. I am not alone in this. Most hunters do this.
My goal for managing whitetail deer, is to feed the doe that is going to give birth to the buck I will kill 5 years from now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Just because someone disagrees with the cavalier killing of a necessary predator, they become an enviro-wacko and anti-hunter.

Just as you are wrong on so many other points, you are wrong on this, too.  

I am not impressed that you fill feeders (to get the game use to coming to certain spots), plant food plots (to produce a trophy that appeals to you), and fill troughs (again to keep the animals in close so they are easier to hunt).

When you start to talk about land management, soil conservation, culling, and habitat restoration, then I might be impressed.

Simply creating spots that the deer like that are within shooting distance of a deer stand is not done for the benefit of the deer population, but simply for your ease of hunting.  It is no more sportsman-like that going fishing at a catfish farm.

You killed the bobcat because you could and not because it benefitted the wildlife as a whole.  And don't lecture me on hunting.  I have been an avid hunter for longer than you have been alive and have been a part of more habitat restoration than you can possibly grasp.

I'm not anti-hunting by any stretch of the imagination.  I am very anti-Bubba, though.  Killing just to kill is Bubba culture to the double-wide max.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just because someone disagrees with the cavalier killing of a necessary predator, they become an enviro-wacko and anti-hunter.

Just as you are wrong on so many other points, you are wrong on this, too.  

I am not impressed that you fill feeders (to get the game use to coming to certain spots), plant food plots (to produce a trophy that appeals to you), and fill troughs (again to keep the animals in close so they are easier to hunt).

When you start to talk about land management, soil conservation, culling, and habitat restoration, then I might be impressed.

Simply creating spots that the deer like that are within shooting distance of a deer stand is not done for the benefit of the deer population, but simply for your ease of hunting.  It is no more sportsman-like that going fishing at a catfish farm.

You killed the bobcat because you could and not because it benefitted the wildlife as a whole.  And don't lecture me on hunting.  I have been an avid hunter for longer than you have been alive and have been a part of more habitat restoration than you can possibly grasp.

I'm not anti-hunting by any stretch of the imagination.  I am very anti-Bubba, though.  Killing just to kill is Bubba culture to the double-wide max.

Do yourself a favor, and keep your fucking mouth shut from here on.  You are an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#34]
USMC

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Trust me, Scooter, when I tell you this.  I will forget more stuff overnight than is likely in your head right now.  Only the very intellectually insecure call other people "idiots" and to shut up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
USMC

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Trust me, Scooter, when I tell you this.  I will forget more stuff overnight than is likely in your head right now.  Only the very intellectually insecure call other people "idiots" and to shut up.

Do not ever call me scooter again, dipshit.  It is I who has forgotten more about hunting and wildlife management than you will ever know in your entire lifetime.  Get a clue.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#36]
adair, just ignore him.

It will be the best way.......trust me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#37]
krpind,

It's kinda late.  Shouldn't you be shotgunning the Mexican bats as they fly out of the Congress Street Bridge?  I'm sure there are too many of those, too, to suit you.

What's the plan for next weekend.....blasting song birds in the cedar breaks?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You need to hang an AR15 beneath for perspective.

Pretty nice job they did for you,  but too bad they didn't arrange its face into a fierce snarl.

It looks so cute that it's almost creepy.

+1 - Needs teeth
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
krpind,

It's kinda late.  Shouldn't you be shotgunning the Mexican bats as they fly out of the Congress Street Bridge?  I'm sure there are too many of those, too, to suit you.

What's the plan for next weekend.....blasting song birds in the cedar breaks?

As a city dweller...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=455887&page=7

There's a shocker.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Parrot,

Thank for recognizing that I believe in doing the right thing.  As for you, how long have you been an internet stalker?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Parrot,

Thank for recognizing that I believe in doing the right thing.  As for you, how long have you been an internet stalker?

I don't think you need to worry about me stalking you, I don't hang around Bed,Bath and Beyond on the weekends.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Avenging Parrot,

We don't have a BBB in my city of 35K.  And I don't have to live next door to you in the trailer park to know about wildlife conservation.  By the way, Hobby Lobby is a great place to meet hot women.  But then I am assuming you like women.

Run along, junior.  This is and remains an adult conversation.  Your immature statement suggests that you are in middle school.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Avenging Parrot,

We don't have a BBB in my city of 35K.  And I don't have to live next door to you in the trailer park to know about wildlife conservation.  By the way, Hobby Lobby is a great place to meet hot women.  But then I am assuming you like women.

Run along, junior.  This is and remains an adult conversation.  Your immature statement suggests that you are in middle school.

You just wasted post 556 on being a troll!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I used to keep a barn full of hay,and had many barn cats that kept the mice out of the hay and creep!!

Then they got kinda out of hand(we no longer heard the sound of the bob white)we allways kept a few of the original cats tame(you could pet them,and let them in the house every now and then)!

But allways some friend would come to visit and bring thier wifes and children,I would tell them don't try and pet the kittens(don't get out of the boat)!

We would allways hear some child crying with a two or three month old kitten hanging off his lips or fingers!!

They were cute and small but wild as a march hare!!!!

They were wild cats!!

So the same goes for bob cats,lyninks or whatever!

They are hell on the Quail!!!

bob
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#45]
great hunt.

nice mount.

congrats.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Avenging Parrot,

You just wasted post 556 on being a troll!

He has wasted all of his posts on being a troll.

Dead coyote I shot a few weeks ago, posed in front of a friends house.  Got a nasty cold snap and he froze, so we posed him to make it look somewhat alive.

Just for you will-rogers.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice mount. I have one at the taxidermist that should almost be done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Dead coyote I shot a few weeks ago, posed in front of a friends house.  Got a nasty cold snap and he froze, so we posed him to make it look somewhat alive.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/adairtd/DSC00560.jpg

Beautiful coyote.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top