Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like their coolers are exactly as advertised to me. I'd overlook the edges, hell it's a plastic cooler right? The thing would live most of its life in the back of my pickup or out in the woods camping in my case. Seems like a pretty solid cooler to me.

Load it full of ice and post up the results OP. If it does what's advertised well then, I'd say you owe them an apology.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First of all, I agree, if it works that's fine.

Don't advertise it to be like a Yeti for half the price and then deliver Feti quality. That's my real issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you paid 40% of a Yeti and expected a Yeti?

And besides, its a f'n cooler, who cares if the moulding isnt perfect?

Don't advertise it to be like a Yeti for half the price and then deliver Feti quality. That's my real issue.

What is "Feti"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you ever bought a lower from Spikes?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you really butthurt about that email when you are slandering their product?
View Quote

Libel.  The with you are looking for is libel, not slander.

And he didn't make any claims, he posted a review of his experience and asked if any foam was inside.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
yea.....but does it work ?
seems like you scrutinized it in every way except actually using it for its intended purpose.
If it holds ice and keeps shit cold...id say an apology is in order.

If you put ice in it and it sucks..that's another matter.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Things I learned today:

1.  Mike P. needs to learn to type, then hit the save button, then cool off for 24 hours and rewrite before hitting the send button.

2.  There are people who pay $200 and more for a fucking cooler.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  Goddamn people, it's not like it has Wilson Combat engraved on it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

2.  There are people who pay $200 and more for a fucking cooler.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  Goddamn people, it's not like it has Wilson Combat engraved on it.
View Quote

I wonder how much they could make if they did sell coolers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you paid 40% of a Yeti and expected a Yeti?

And besides, its a f'n cooler, who cares if the moulding isnt perfect?

Its advertised as what? Performing like a Yeti or fit n' finish like a Yeti?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'm not sure I'd even buy a $200 cooler, let alone a $500 cooler
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, the gauntlet has been thrown.  Cut that fucker in half, pussy!

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

put a punisher skull logo on it, spray paint "OPERATOR AF!" on it, and you could sell them for $1000 and never keep up with demand.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

he's right.

Better buy some $500 coolers and cut them in half too so you can demonstrate how much better they are than Palm's.

Then send them a bill for "Research and Quality Testing."
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Should've bought a YETI....

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at the bright side, it looks like you have a one of a kind custom hand carved cooler
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't get this sudden cooler thing. I mean who the fuck uses a cooler that much and even if you really liked your cooler why would you put a window sticker on your vehicle showing that you like a cooler?

Is this some type of hipster thing that I'm missing
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't get this sudden cooler thing. I mean who the fuck uses a cooler that much and even if you really liked your cooler why would you put a window sticker on your vehicle showing that you like a cooler?

View Quote

I don't get it either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't get it either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

Status symbol
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Those Coleman Xtream coolers provide an excellent bang for the buck.

I wish I had the life style where I absolutely need a bag of ice to last more than five days -- as is, I'm lucky to get 2 - 3 weekend camping trips a year.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a lot of offshore fishing guides on this forum who need the ice keeping ability of the yeti style cooler.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Look at the bright side, it looks like you have a one of a kind custom hand carved cooler
View Quote

Artisanal.

It is an artisinal energy repulsion unit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

It took me a while to understand.

Living in MI, just about any decent cooler will keep ice over a weekend during the summer.  And during the winter, you need an oven to keep your beer from freezing.

Summer in TX or FL is a bit more brutal on ice and you also have a longer time period of needing a cooler.  I would get sick of having to buy ice everyday.

The sticker is just for 'Look At Me!' I have extra money to spend on a $500 cooler so I am better than you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't get it either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

I have a Rubbermaid one that I have had for oh well 15 years and it works and it in great shape

also putting a flashlight into it does not make it glow
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
I get buying them if your usages benefit from a cooler that'll hold ice for 5 days, like out on the lake or going to the cabin for a week.  

But they're fucking expensive, and fucking heavy, and fucking more likely to get stolen.  So my shitty 10+ year old faded blue coleman xtreme will continue service until something breaks.

And then I'll probably pick up one of the OT ones, because I like the cheapest fucking thing that fucking works*.

*Except for in guns.  I like expensive guns.  And cars.  Oh, and electronics.  And hookers.  Well ok maybe I don't like much of the cheapest thing that works except for coolers.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

you don't have hair #1 if you don't take a sawsall to that light-soft bitch!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There's a lot of offshore fishing guides on this forum who need the ice keeping ability of the yeti style cooler.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'm sure that's it just like I'm sure all these Yeti sticker owners I see in KY and TN are offshore fishermen.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a Rubbermaid one that I have had for oh well 15 years and it works and it in great shape

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

You have to buy one of the expensive ones for that
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't get this sudden semi auto thing. I mean who the fuck uses a gun that much and even if you really liked your gun why would you put a window sticker on your vehicle showing that you like a gun?

View Quote

innovation drives the market.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have a Ozark but it's the only one I've seen. Would like the smaller one. My local TSC just started carrying Orca , any thoughts on those?
View Quote

I have an orca 20qt and I like it very much.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, you need to cut that cooler in half. If foam is missing, you win. If foam is not missing you lose, you eat crow. You went out of your way to call out a manufacturer. Put up or shut up.

On a side note, who gives a flying fuck about some little mars and scratches on an OUTDOOR COOLER???

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Send me a new Pelican or RTIC or whatever and I'll do whatever you want to this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Section it with a bandsaw, post pictures.

Send me a new Pelican or RTIC or whatever and I'll do whatever you want to this one.

If your correct didn't they say that you'd get a refund plus a cooler.....

Cut up or shut up is the way I see it
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus $200 for his time. The manufacturer really upped his game with his put up or shut up offer.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#33]
My RTIC 75 was $159 shipped.  It took all of 3 days to get here.  It performed identically to my Yeti 65 this weekend.  They were side by side the whole time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder.... maybe LaRue would make some...
http://www.larue.com/yeti-coolers?sort=popular
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm sure that's it just like I'm sure all these Yeti sticker owners I see in KY and TN are offshore fishermen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you care who spends their money on stuff? MYOB
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Plus $200 for his time. The manufacturer really upped his game with his put up or shut up offer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well to be fair I never made an accusation that it had no foam, only posed the question. So what if it is filled with the least dense, cheapest foam they can muster? What if it is filled with one big packing peanut? That loses me the bet, but doesn't mean the cooler is worth a shit.

Either way, it's got ice in it and is side by side with a much cheaper Coleman right now. If it outshines expectations, I absolutely will sing their praises despite the translucent walls. I don't think I did anything to insinuate the cooler had no foam, just posted my initial impressions. It will be the fair update it deserves, whether or not it's a great cooler or not.

OP will deliver in full, whether he eats his words or not!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a Fit & Finish guy. I would have just sent it back. Then again I have no need for a $200+ cooler either

Don't mind stuff getting dinged up but when I buy new I want it looking new and for me to be the one to putting the dings and nicks in it.

Mike P also needs to working on his C/S skills.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP, you need to cut that cooler in half. If foam is missing, you win. If foam is not missing you lose, you eat crow. You went out of your way to call out a manufacturer. Put up or shut up.

On a side note, who gives a flying fuck about some little mars and scratches on an OUTDOOR COOLER???

View Quote

I mean, do you care if you buy a new super expensive firearm and it has nicks and scrapes on it? I mean shit, you're going to carry it and shoot it!

Or if your brand new car comes with rock chips and door dents already? I mean shit, you're just going to drive it to work and park it at the grocery store where it will get dinged up anyways!

See where I'm going with this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder.... maybe LaRue would make some...
http://www.larue.com/yeti-coolers?sort=popular
http://www.larue.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/sassy_product_detail/img_0322.jpg

I own a LaRue Yeti.

Of course, it is a bad ass cooler.... it is a Yeti.

My wife bought it for me, because she knew I wanted it and I'd never buy it for myself.

I love it.  For all those reasons.

And I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I mean, do you care if you buy a new super expensive firearm and it has nicks and scrapes on it? I mean shit, you're going to carry it and shoot it!

Or if your brand new car comes with rock chips and door dents already? I mean shit, you're just going to drive it to work and park it at the grocery store where it will get dinged up anyways!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  The only thing I see is that you suck at analogies.  Cars and guns are REGULARLY photographed and admired as things of beauty.  We clean them, polish them, oil/wax them.... all for aesthetics.... and post picture of them in their respective forums.

Not coolers.  

(ok..... im just playing devil's advocate.    If I wasn't happy with the fit and finish of something - it is totally ok to publically post and complain a bit - warning others.  It shows either you didn't know this was the norm, or you didn't do your research.  It takes people posting stuff like this for others to know this is what to expect.)
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope.  The only thing I see is that you suck at analogies.  Cars and guns are REGULARLY photographed and admired as things of beauty.  We clean them, polish them, oil/wax them.... all for aesthetics.... and post picture of them in their respective forums.

Not coolers.  

(ok..... im just playing devil's advocate.    If I wasn't happy with the fit and finish of something - it is totally ok to publically post and complain a bit - warning others.  It shows either you didn't know this was the norm, or you didn't do your research.  It takes people posting stuff like this for others to know this is what to expect.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not coolers.  

I'm willing to bet there is some YETI forum someplace that has people posting all kind of pictures of their YETI's in photo op's
Someone already mentioned the cooler mafia
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Correct

Maximum butthurt
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you really butthurt about that email when you are slandering their product?

Correct

Maximum butthurt

Honestly, if I were buying a cooler, I'd be willing to give theirs a shot JUST because of their email to you. I'd have said the same thing myself.

I noticed that you didn't cut yours open...
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Status symbol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

Status symbol

Saltlife brah.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get this sudden semi auto thing. I mean who the fuck uses a gun that much and even if you really liked your gun why would you put a window sticker on your vehicle showing that you like a gun?

Marketing drives the market.  There's nothing innovative about a blow molded cooler. Yeti just found the right market (ie pretentious brodozer drivers who never touch dirt) and then $500 coolers became a bro fashion accessory.  Just like Gucci sunglasses or shoes.  There's nothing about them that warrants the price except the name tag.

There's a sucker born every minute, and of course no one wants to admit they are a sucker so they make up excuses about being so hard core that they "need" that $500 cooler and that they are richer than you and can afford to buy "quality" and other such nonsense.  

Price doesn't equal quality.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Marketing drives the market.  There's nothing innovative about a blow molded cooler. Yeti just found the right market (ie pretentious brodozer drivers who never touch dirt) and then $500 coolers became a bro fashion accessory.  Just like Gucci sunglasses or shoes.  There's nothing about them that warrants the price except the name tag.

There's a sucker born every minute, and of course no one wants to admit they are a sucker so they make up excuses about being so hard core that they "need" that $500 cooler and that they are richer than you and can afford to buy "quality" and other such nonsense.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#46]
LOL fit and finish of a fucking COOLER. For fucks sake, throw it in the back of the truck and be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
OK , OP let's see the CUT

Otherwise SHUT UP and apologize.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Status symbol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

Status symbol

If never having warm beer is a status symbol than I guess I'm guilty of being vain.

Or just liking #coldmotherfuckingbeer.  

ETA:  No sticker on my truck.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Status symbol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it either.

Status symbol

The sticker lets people know where to steal $500 coolers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Just noticed, the Asian chick has the 'dumbass' looking. Is it directed at OP?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top