BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Boo Hoo, and all you can do is piss & moan about it on the Internet.

So, is that all you're good for... whining about how unfair the world is to little old you?

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it?  Or is there something good on T.V. tonight?

I feel the same way,
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
It's far easier to complain in a echo chamber & call it mission accomplished.  

Just like you're doing right now.

Wrong... I'm not declaring anything "accomplished". I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Sure, but you do plenty of bitching on the net, which is the very thing you're giving everyone else shit about as some bullshit sign that they aren't doing anything to help fight gun control.

And who here is calling anything mission accomplished? You come in here and flame everyone on the forum for supposedly not doing anything. It's bullshit. Post links. Let's see the "mission accomplished, we're safe from gun control" or "mission accomplished, we can stop worrying about amnesty" threads. Links.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I'm going to cancel my NRA membership.
I have been a member since I was 14. I did not renew this year.

They have been infiltrated. Its obvious. People here don't care, because it gives them a pat on the back as if their really doing something themselves. Kinda like church tithing going to buy nice projectors rather than feeding the children - homeless - needy - honest to G-d good work. Not build a church state of the art theater.

NRA - NO RIGHTS ADVOCATE

The NRA has a better wag the dog artist behind them than our own POS.

Also, those who buy or have life memberships, how do you suppose you keep the NRA in check? If they turn ANTI SEMI-AUTOS one day, are you going to get a refund?

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to send NRA and McCarthy nuts. Silly? Yes, but a similar campaign worked for the "save Jericho the TV series" on CBS. CBS execs listened when they got a sizable quantity of nuts sent to them. Sending something tangible (with a letter) seems to leave a stronger impression.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll sure teach those democrats a lesson.

Instead, why don't you get INVOLVED in the NRA?? It's run by its members, you know.

"Involved"? That might require actual effort Swingset.

I bet the majority of the people who are livid with the NRA don't even vote for the NRA Board of Directors when they get their ballot in the mail.

The NRA doesn't exactly do a very good job of soliciting input or involvement.  Only donations.  In my 10 years of NRA membership, I've been invited to a gathering (fundraiser) only once.  All they do is fundraise.  Tell me again how they are run by their members?

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll sure teach those democrats a lesson.

Instead, why don't you get INVOLVED in the NRA?? It's run by its members, you know.

"Involved"? That might require actual effort Swingset.

I bet the majority of the people who are livid with the NRA don't even vote for the NRA Board of Directors when they get their ballot in the mail.

The NRA doesn't exactly do a very good job of soliciting input or involvement.  Only donations.  In my 10 years of NRA membership, I've been invited to a gathering (fundraiser) only once.  All they do is fundraise.  Tell me again how they are run by their members?

They learned it well from the Congress.

That's how modern democracy works.

puke.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Letter writing is great, but I'm most effective by withholding funds from the NRA.

Just another three letter enemy now.

money talks, and my money walks.

(in terms of amnesty, we have no hope on this.  We - as conservative Americans - lose no matter the outcome because of how far along the problem is.)
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not?

Dude, you started the conversation by complaining and accusing that we weren't doing anything, but you get all butt-hurt when someone asks what you are doing.

All we see you do is complain on the internet, same as you see us.  But you can bitch and are all holy for it, but no one else.

A little psychotic, or at least self-centered beyond belief.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes...people will flock to this thread in droves, and spend their precious time hurling petty insults & posting sarcastic pics... guaranteed!

And why?  You tell me, cause I'd really like to know?  

Because nasty, ignorant, and pointless personal insults are not the best way to gain friends and motivate strangers?

Just a guess...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

As Josey Wales said... "And remember, when things look bad, and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, I mean plumb mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Thanks for "getting it" my friend!

Ummm, Josey Wales meant to get mean against one's enemies, not one's allies.  It is an important distinction, unless one is merely wanting to be an attention whore or engage in a tantrum.

Again, why do you feel it is our job to justify ourselves to you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup... get mad at me cause I'm the problem.

That's real productive.

At least we didn't post a thread pissing and moaning on the internet about people pissing and moaning on the internet.

+1

While I understand what you were trying to say, IMHO, your delivery sucks, I dont have to justify my actions in this regard, nor should you be overly concerned with anyone elses.

Have a good day.

Morcoth
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup... get mad at me. That's real productive.

Your state is still worse off than mine. I must be doing something right.

Sure.  

I don't have any Tigers in my yard, so it must be all that tiger repellent I spray on the grass.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, is that all you're good for... whining about how unfair the world is to little old you?

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it?

Uhhh, dude, you're in New York. Start there.

Whatever gives you the impression that I'm not?

Whatever give you the impression that we're not?

There are people out here that can get involved and not have to post it on arfcom.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's shit or get off the pot time, and people need to hear that, even if it hurts their delicate little feelings.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

<pause>

the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's goooo!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Or are you going to get mad, and do something about it?  Or is there something good on T.V. tonight?

We can probably find some "tea" to toss in the harbor.  

Or do we gather at Concord and then the Old North Bridge?

"Within the town, scattered through the cellars and attics and outbuildings of at least twenty-five houses, the provincials had concealed ten tons of musket balls and cartridges, thirty-five half barrels of powder, 350 tents, fourteen medicine chests, eighty barrels of beef, eight and a half tons of salt fish, seventeen and a half tons of rye, 318 barrels of flour, 100 barrels of salt, ... hundreds of axes, canteens, reams of cartridge paper ... and ... a substantial number of cannon and gun carriages of varying sizes... ."

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Pursausive writing is one of my lesser skills and I've heard canned letters are obvious and ignored.

Oh yea, my spelling ain't so good.  

Its not that I don't care, I just can't express my self.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#19]
The apathy found on this site only renews my opinion that we, as a whole, will end up with the country that we deserve.  And sadly this group is more politically aware than most I get to observe and interact with on a daily basis.

I'll continue to make my voice known to my senators on a daily basis until this is voted on and follow up afterwards.  Is it a futile effort?  Probably.  But at least I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I gave it some effort instead of just "hoping for the best".
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The apathy found on this site only renews my opinion that we, as a whole, will end up with the country that we deserve.  And sadly this group is more politically aware than most I get to observe and interact with on a daily basis.

I'll continue to make my voice known to my senators on a daily basis until this is voted on and follow up afterwards.  Is it a futile effort?  Probably.  But at least I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I gave it some effort instead of just "hoping for the best".

+1

I knew exactly how this thread would play out when I started it. In fact, that's the very reason why I started it!

It is 3 pages long & has just under 2K views in about 12 HOURS because most people would rather waste their time on the meaningless than expend any effort on activities that might actually accomplish something.

Contrast this thread with The Essential "Stem the Tide of Gun Control" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread!, which achieved 3 pages (mostly of my doing) & just under 2K views in TWO FUCKING MONTHS!

That's pretty pathetic & stands as a stinging indictment of the level of actual commitment that many have to our cause.

But no... I'm the asshole. The NRA are a bunch of traitors!  Our Reps. just won't listen to us! Sadly, that's what many still take from this thread.

I'm just holding up a mirror folks... if you don't like what you see then CHANGE IT!

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In the ARFcom tradition, I do BOTH.

I watch something good on TV, then whine and bitch on ARFcom during the commercials.

Actually, whining on ARFcom serves a good purpose. I'll give two examples:

-The ZUMBO Thread.

-The Parker vs DC Thread.

Those threads notified a lot of people of the existence of the issue.
Those threads educated us on the issue.
Those threads kept us informed of the progress on the issues
Those threads MOTIVATED many to take ACTION on those issues.

Venting on ARFcom is also an outlet for pentup aggression on things beyond our control.

I see all of those as good things.

But if you are only whining here and NOT taking action elsewhere, then you need to wake up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top