Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Grew up 100 yards or so from Stratton ANG and they used to host an air show. Blue angels sneak pass route went directly over my house just above the tree tops. several days of practice before the show let us listen to those beauties and on occasion it felt like they were going to rip the house off the foundation.

It was nothing short of fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to the Dayton Airshow for years.  The Thunderbirds do something similar with 2 F-16's.  The group of planes do a slow diamond roll down the runway and as they clear, the 2 other F-16's come from behind the crowd from opposing corners and cross over the runway.  The planes in the videos looked lower than I remember, but who knows.  At Dayton the Air Force announcer says "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just experienced the tactical element of surprise!" once the reaction quiets down.
View Quote
They got my kids with that one this weekend. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Angels Buzz Chicago / QLB?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Blue Angels were at the local airshow here a couple years ago...I kick myself every day for not going
View Quote
Go to the Oceana air show next month.  I would if I wasn't racing motorcycles at VIR that weekend.  I've got family there I can stay with.  Was just there last week.  It's fun just watching the jets take off to go offshore to train.  They also fly over the family's place on the way back to Oceana and while doing stuff at Fentress.  They were flying overhead while we were blasting clay pidgeons in the back yard.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
She was so surprised she almost dropped her inner tube.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
We were on the 3rd floor of the Hampton Inn facing the beach. The pilot had to pull up to clear the pier for his sneak pass.

That was the best seat for an airshow I've ever had.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
I had to be no less than 50ft from whoever posted this video.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top