BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]So, you studied what PB had to say and as a result you can't see how the bombs saved both Japanese and American lives.[/b]
No, not in light of the fact that the Japs would have surrendered without being nuked if we had stated before we nuked them that they could in fact keep their emperor, which we then said the could after we nuked them.
View Quote
Says who???  YOU???

[b]So YOU hate FDR, that does not change the facts.[/b]
What facts are those half-wit?
View Quote
The fact that using the bombs saved many thousands of lives, dipshit.

[b]Besides, FDR did not make the final decision, Truman did.[/b]
Yeah, no sh_t.  

[b]FDR was dead.[/b]
Again, no sh_t.
View Quote

Well, you said you hated everything FDR and we were talking about the bomb, so it appeared that you thought that FDR okayed dropping the bomb.  Given all your other BS, I figured you probably weren't aware that he was dead when the decision was made.

[b]Besides, who says he was a cretin?  You?  Pat Buchanan?  I don't particularly care for him, but PB hating him means he probably wasn't all bad.[/b]
In the same way that you hating PB means that he caan't be all bad.
View Quote

Wrong, PB is a raving lunatic, I am not.

[b]So, next time you study up on something, study up using something that has some facts in it.[/b]
Next time you are going to comment on someones post read it at least several time so as to avoid making yourself look like the monument to stupidity that you're presently doing.
View Quote

I don't need to read your garbage more than once to realize what an idiot your are.  You want to get personal, fine with me.

Dresden IS only considered a 'war crime' by leftist lunatics.[/b]
Well, no. Of course I already enumerated this little fact.
View Quote

NO, you haven't enumerated anything, just your opinion, which is not worth much.

[b]The fact that they were allowed to keep their emperor kind of makes your hogwash, just that, hogwash.  You even pointed out yourself that they were allowed to keep their emperor.  Why would we tell them no and turn around and do exactly what they asked?[/b]
Clearly you're intellectually stunted with the cognitive ability of a pencil eraser. Add to this your functional illiteracy and historical ignorance and you have quite the imbecile cocktail. [img]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/graemlins/whacko.gif[/img] How nice for you.
View Quote
.My historical ignorance?  My functional illiteracy?  Your grasp of history is only what lunatics like PB tell you.  According to the article, PB did not seem to be too upset by the Rape of Nanking, go figure.  Your own hero, PB, says that FDR did not want to cut off the oil for it meant war, but you continue to slam him.

Let's see, according to PB, it's FDR's fault that Vietnam and everything since WWII occurred because he wouldn't meet with the prince and concede many things, like Chamberlain did with Hitler.  Chamberlain's concessions to Hitler worked real well, didn't they.

As long as you spout the lunatic maniacal ravings of someone like Pat Buchanan, don't call anyone else either intellectually or historically challenged.  Your last paragraph is a joke, trying to sound like you are some kind of intellect.  Good joke though, very funny.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
He is just a comedian that got in over his head,he has no wife,or children or life.

He is a baron tree,and a queer,so all things he says or thinks is queer.    Used to think he was unique, now don't think anything about him.

Good riddance     Bob
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]Says who???  YOU???[/b]
Me, the Easter Bunny, and every damn history professor in these united States. But, alas, you have already demonstrated your intrinsic aversion to higher education.

[b]The fact that using the bombs saved many thousands of lives, dipshit.[/b]
The [b]FACT[/b], is that non-partisan scholars and history professors hold the tenable position that you're wrong.

[b]Well, you said you hated everything FDR and we were talking about the bomb, so it appeared that you thought that FDR okayed dropping the bomb.[/b]
Only to you it did. Next time I will use crayons and small words so as you can better understand. If there was a way to make a ball bounce from word to word to music I would use that also.

[b]Given all your other BS, I figured you probably weren't aware that he was dead when the decision was made.[/b]
Even dead FDR is not as dumb as you. Amazing.

[b]PB is a raving lunatic, I am not.[/b]
And under which experts care was this diagnosis given?

[b]Your grasp of history is only what lunatics like PB tell you.  According to the article, PB did not seem to be too upset by the Rape of Nanking, go figure.[/b]
Oh, really?
[i]Japan invaded and, after four years of fighting, including the horrific Rape of Nanking[/i]
Yeah, PB cleary supports it. Whacko.

[b]Your own hero, PB, says that FDR did not want to cut off the oil for it meant war, but you continue to slam him.[/b]
1. Because he was in bed with Stalin.
2. Because he gew Federal government to monolithic proportions.
3. He stacked the court.
4. He sold out the people of eastern Europe.
5,6,7, ect.

[b]Let's see, according to PB, it's FDR's fault that Vietnam and everything since WWII occurred because he wouldn't meet with the prince and concede many things, like Chamberlain did with Hitler.  Chamberlain's concessions to Hitler worked real well, didn't they.[/b]
Oh dear lord, you really are [b]this[/b] studid. Amazing.

[b]As long as you spout the lunatic maniacal ravings of someone like Pat Buchanan, don't call anyone else either intellectually or historically challenged.  Your last paragraph is a joke, trying to sound like you are some kind of intellect.  Good joke though, very funny.[/b]
As I said, functionally illiterate and historically ignorant. Go back to your MTV and WWF scooter.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
The consensus among WWII vets is the a-bomb saved at least 100,000 American lives and perhaps as many as 1 million. For me, that's enough to justify its usage.

And, BTW, the Japanese military had no problem murdering their own citizens. One has to wonder how many of their own people they would have sacrificed in order to kill a platoon of American GIs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top