Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess we will be heading to Murray's inlet.

Btw I agree that myrtle beach isn't that great.  I much prefer Panama City.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Murrel's Inlet?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a Brazilian restaurant behind Planet Hollywood at Broadway at the Beach that is absolutely awesome. Not seafood but my favorite restaurant of all time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

California Dreaming?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carolina Roadhouse for the WIN

Yes. Or Carolina dreaming a bit further out.

California Dreaming?

probably.  Only went once.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Murrel's Inlet is a good choice. Quite a few restaurants that I don't think are chains.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah there's a KILLER Viennese place (Iirc called Cafe Old Vienna) with amazing schnitzel a little ways inland.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There is a Brazilian restaurant behind Planet Hollywood at Broadway at the Beach that is absolutely awesome. Not seafood but my favorite restaurant of all time.
View Quote
Rioz! Awesome place.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ate at WICKED TUNA in Murrel's Inlet with the wifey for date night two weeks ago. It was really good. Crabby Mikes in Surfside is pretty good too.

Don't forget to hit Sam's Corner in Garden City for some good corn dogs, hot dogs, nachos etc.!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I grew up in myrtle and live here now.

Seafood; Fried:

In town: Sea Captain's House or Chesepeake house in myrtle, Billy the Kid's or Horry's in North Myrtle.
Out of Town: Murrells Inlet, SC or Calabash, NC.
Murrells Inlet is worth it for the Marsh Walk.

Seafood; not fried:

Myrtle/north Myrtle- Collector's Cafe, New York Prime(Steaks as well), Ciao (Italian), Rossi's (Italian) Indo, (Thai/Sushi) Greg Norman's, Sea Blue (fucking awesome), 21 Main, Joe's Bar & Grille

South I'm not too sure about who has the best fresh fish in Murrells Inlet.  For some reason I've never been blown away, but I don't go enough to be considered an authority.  The Rice paddy in Georgetown, or Frank's/Frank's Out-back in Litchfield are really really good.

Plenty of good places to eat, most don't advertise on the beach channel.  Unfortunately, most restaurant owners here seem to be happy catering to the stereotypical tourist that judges the quality of the meal by the obnoxiousness of the sign out front.

Oh- margaritaville is pretty good.  I go once every couple years, in the winter.  The wait is typically 2 hours minimum in Summer...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Murrel's Inlet. Good places on the Marsh Walk but also drive about another mile or two south and try out Russel's and Hot Fish Club. Russel's was my favorite.
Wings: Head into Socastee, a couple miles off of 17 where road crosses over from the Market Commons at the old Air Force Base. The little strip mall is call Socastee Station and the place is called Wing King. Awesome wings and french fries, sorry no raw fries. Steak, don't know but I though NY Prime was over rated as hell.
Pizza: Ultimate California Pizza.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Great place for a burger and beer!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We just got back 3 days ago.  We loved Crabby Mikes, in Southside Beach.  There's a LOT of great places at Broadway at the Beach, we especially love Liberty Tavern.

Great place for a burger and beer!

This.  Liberty lager is good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Collectors Cafe end of thread

hidden gem

http://www.collectorscafeandgallery.com/DINNER_MENU.html
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Collectors Cafe end of thread

hidden gem

http://www.collectorscafeandgallery.com/DINNER_MENU.html
View Quote

I'll be in MB for a week starting this Saturday.  Collectors Cafe is on my list for this year.  Thanks for the tip.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top