User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The main thing for AR companies right now is simply to survive.
The market is in the tank, and it doesn't look like it will be coming out of it any time soon.

So the main thing they need to do is survive til things improve....

Print ads are a waste of money in this decade. It's the internet presence that is driving them (Bravo).  They need to save their print money.

a
Yeah..........if only it were so.
My company has its own TV network, is the largest publisher of outdoors magazines in the country and has a wide variety of websites.
What you say is simply not true. I've seen a number of companies try do go 'all web' and then come back saying
it didn't work. The web is a great tool, but it is only one tool. Print still performs remarkably well.

Yah. This to be sure.

SureFire wouldn't be publishing a huge Magalog like they do, and the "Book of the AR" and "Combat Arms" magazines (chock full of print ads) wouldn't be published if the Web was truly a primary market for shooters.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm choosing replacement BCM and DD parts and will be acquiring a BCM rifle next. BCM adheres to mil-specs and the owner donates half of his salary/profit to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

I have a Spike's 22 conv kit that just got replaced by them after being sent in twice––then I find out yesterday they will no longer offer the kits for sale BUT will support them for life. I'm choosing BCM personally as a fighting rifle for their QC, milspec-adherence (HPT/MPI), and heavy recommendation by trusted friends––some are gunfighters and two are respected instructors.

But that is just my humble opinion

I think they both have their respctive fan bases which will help get them through these rough times......this economy sucks
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
spikes is high end now?

things must have really changed since i was into building AR's

spikes is good stuff,  I have three and love 'em. wife's AR is built on a spikes lower/Daniel Defense upper, she loves the punisher logo on the side.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
No one has said why they doubt that Spike's is high end.  What about their PRODUCTS is inferior to the best on the market?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top