BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Steyer, why don't you go in with a copy of a dealer's invoice (kind of like Shotgun News) and ask them why you can't have it at that price?
View Quote

[:D]
View Quote

Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
What is this piece of crap?!  I thought I told you I wanted a Rolex!  A ROLEX!!!

-UHF
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've worn a rolex for 25 years and recently purchased my second - a high end model.  A couple of points... they are indestructable  (I used to scuba dive with mine) time pieces that wind themselves, keep excellent time and enjoy a modicum of prestiege.  The other watches may indeed be well made but they are not Rolexes.  You can buy Rolex low end..Tudor or save money by not getting a certified model but I can assure you that you will regret that descision.  Like buying a BMW with vinyl seats.  

If you buy a Euro/grey market or discounted Rolex, you may have problems with service/warrenty.  The one thing positive with Rolex is that you know that nobody else is walking around having paid 5k wearing your new 10k watch.  Yes you can buy better second hand, but... its second hand.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Funny, Steyer, I seem to remember you bitching about people who do that, a tad bit of hypocricy?
View Quote

It's like this.

I'm supposed to be in a "regulated" business where ONLY FFLs can order firearms direct. The actual case is anyone can call most manufacturers and wholesalers direct at MY price and expect me to "transfer" it to them for basically a "tip."

The watch business is NOT regulated.

Sad part is the watch business seemingly has more security and better control over pricing.

And finally, I learned this from YOU guys.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And finally, I learned this from YOU guys.[:D]
View Quote

[bad emotional over-acting voice]from you, allright! I learned it from watching you![/bad emotional over-acting voice]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
SteyrAUG likes regulations, especially when it comes to copyright laws regarding the reproduction of motion pictures. Must've picked that up around here too. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top