BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

How about a movie about going on night ambush....been on about 70 zillon of those, came closer to shooting myself than any talib

FUCK!  They got TheFreepster...

He was short, too...  Heard he only had a couple letters lef
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish someday Hollywood would make a realistic movie about small unit jungle patrolling in Vietnam (not the line doggies in large infantry sweeps - I'm talking about U.S. Army LRRP or Marine Force Recon teams).

It won't happen, of course, because the market demographics are not there for it to be profitable as movie.  They would have to tack on some utterly asinine romantic subplot to try and attract some female viewers, and the whole thing would go to hell from there.

But still, I can wish.

Not to piss you off, but that's never gonna happen.  Too long ago and poor outcome.

If they accurately portrayed a recon mission, the film would bore the audience.

This^

My peacetime service in a recon platoon was peaceful. Our training and mission was to AVOID contact. If we got in contact, we screwed up. Of course, we still trained to break contact and evade. We had 8 sixties and 203 s in a platoon to help us do that.....

Good Recon would make a boring movie.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

Tears of the Sun had a SEAL as an advisor.  Are you going to call him out?

They filmed part of that movie on my boat. I liked it, I didn't like staying out for 3 extra days for them to film though...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What terminology should I use to discuss the topic?

Best Fuck this noise run away / Attack these surprise attackers Scene in a movie?

Got it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

Yes, The would have all died.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The withdrawal from the assault on Brecourt Manor in Band of Brothers felt right, they just melted away

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This scene was pretty entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IlT8dZb2Q

I fuckin love that scene!

Surprise! We brought friends!

This

That brownwater boat was equipped with the best custom  Red Jacket equipment available.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/sons-of-guns/videos/double-m16-videos.htm
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I wish someday Hollywood would make a realistic movie about small unit jungle patrolling in Vietnam (not the line doggies in large infantry sweeps - I'm talking about U.S. Army LRRP or Marine Force Recon teams).

It won't happen, of course, because the market demographics are not there for it to be profitable as movie.  They would have to tack on some utterly asinine romantic subplot to try and attract some female viewers, and the whole thing would go to hell from there.

But still, I can wish.

Check out 84 Charlie Mopic

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Check out 84 Charlie Mopic

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Fuck this noise run away / Attack these surprise attackers Scene in a movie?
That would be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Proof of life (2000). before optics were on M4s
http://youtu.be/aCqSXAwe4b4
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I would have to say, when King Arthur and the Knights of The Round disengaged the Rabbit of Caerbannog. "Run away! Run away!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The withdrawal from the assault on Brecourt Manor in Band of Brothers felt right, they just melted away  

My vote too followed closely by SWCC boats fucking shit up in Act of Valor
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

live fire

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#17]
well I was going to say Natalie Wood in the bustier in The Great Race, but I guess you wanted a different kind of movie.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Heat is number one especially on a big screen in HD

Tears of the sun was well done but not as good as Heat
Look at Proof of Life with Russel Crowe it was a pretty good snatch and Grab rescue mission.
And Act of Valor get a nod cause well it was pretty fucking sweet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Professionals:

- Maybe they're just passing.
- If so, they'll ride in single file. The leader in front, and they'll palaver. If it's trouble, they'll come as a group.  No one in front. If the leader takes his hat off and passes it across to cover his gun...let go, fast.
http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/2/Open/Sony%20Pictures/The%20Professionals/_derived_jpg_q90_310x470_m0/profs_stl_1_h.jpg
(bad quality clip):
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/473469/Professionals-The-Movie-Clip-Very-Bad-Hombres.html

I fucking love this film.

Thank you for that  Next Netflix/purchase.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I would have to say, when King Arthur and the Knights of The Round disengaged the Rabbit of Caerbannog. "Run away! Run away!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

LMFAO.... +1

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#21]
No one thought Tears of the Sun's combat was hokey? Trying to recall the details, but from what I remember it was typical Hollywood fireballs from napalm missiles and back yard rocketry rpgs. I would have to watch it again to bring up the rest of the discrepancies, but it was far from the best in my opinion.

It's got to be BHD or Act of Valor.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a movie about going on night ambush....been on about 70 zillon of those, came closer to shooting myself than any talib

FUCK!  They got TheFreepster...

He was short, too...  Heard he only had a couple letters lef

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not really my call.  One of my peeves, I guess.   Perhaps not you, but Ar15 folks seem to like to use terms like Opsec, break contact, etc and it just seems wannabe to me.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say Tears of the Sun.

Did you serve?

Context, comprehension, take a breath
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I saw a documentry on small unit jungle combat called tropic thunder.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

Did you see 84 Charlie Mopic? Low budget, 1st-person documentary style movie, but basically what you described.  

tagged

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

THIS,,

mini gun,,, sex seen!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm kinda partial to the overreaction scene in Predator.

All of them lined up and firing nonstop into nothing for a good 30 seconds is one of the best things ever done in US films. 'Merica.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't TEARS OF THE SUN the movie with the backwards mounted Aimpoint, or am I thinking of something else?

That's the one.

Also had Bruce Willis fondling Monica Belucchi's ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I agree with ATACORION.

The Heat bank robbery shootout is essentially breaking an ambush.  McCauley and Shiherlis lay down heavy fire and overpower the line of police cars to break out of the trap.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But still, I can wish.

84 Charlie Mopic

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Bravo Two Zero.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#33]
What about the end of Full Metal Jacket?  Not a true ambush but was it plausible?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I ambushed you with a cup of coffee

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This was gonna be my suggestion.

Nothin' says,"Leave us the fuck alone" like a couple mini guns and a ma deuce.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:36:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Heat is number one especially on a big screen in HD

Tears of the sun was well done but not as good as Heat

Look at Proof of Life with Russel Crowe it was a pretty good snatch and Grab rescue mission.

And Act of Valor get a nod cause well it was pretty fucking sweet.

I really liked Proof of Life for that one.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#37]
There was a short scene in the tv series Tour of Duty where they were being pursued and dropped off either side of the trail for a hasty ambush initiated with grenades- seemed semi-plausible.  I know- not a movie, but I was shocked and pleased to see the scene.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

a buddy of mine from highschool was in that scene on one of SWCC's. those boats are badass
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Heat for sure.........
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really my call.  One of my peeves, I guess.   Perhaps not you, but Ar15 folks seem to like to use terms like Opsec, break contact, etc and it just seems wannabe to me.

As you just said, context. When specifically asking about a military evolution, military terminology only makes sense.

Now if he were talking about assuring opsec and persec while moving through the mall in bounding overwatch enroute to the family black Friday rally point, I could see your point.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top